How would you control the world population?

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Nick_A

Re: How would you control the world population?

Post by Nick_A »

Harbal wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:11 pm
Nick_A wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:03 pm
The classic belief is that pregnancy involves her womb, not her curriculum.
What kind of answer is that? Have you just woken up, Nick?
It is just a little humor; something you have apparently lost the capacity for.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:12 pm That is why we need impartial robots to decide every five years if you are worthy of life or if you should be aborted
I'm not sure what the cut off point for abortion is, but I seem to think it is significantly earlier than five years.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:15 pm
It is just a little humor; something you have apparently lost the capacity for.
Well perhaps, from the perspective of being the subject of the humour, you are not best placed to judge its quality.
Skip

Post by Skip »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:12 pm Yes the modern solution to the problem of a growing population. Kill first and ask questions later.
Non, no, no. You just can't seem to get it, can you?
We should ask questions first.
Q1. Do you want to have a baby?
A. Yes.
Q2. What help do you need?

Q1. Do you want to have a baby?
A. No.
Q2. What help do you need?

Then you decide whether to kill.
That is why we need impartial robots
I wish you would take your robots and stuff them where they'll make the most difference.
That's the best way to find out whether they're really impartial.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Nick cares more for mindless and insensate blobs of protoplasm than adult women.

Just because a mindless, insensate blob of protoplasm in early pregnancy might one day become a human doesn't mean they must all be preserved. Aren't our current overpopulation problems sufficient? Whatever, they can be sent off to die in war or through neglect soon enough anyway.

Another point - what if that blob of insensate protoplasm grows up to be female, left-wing and a keen secularist thinker. That is, everything you detest in life?
Skip

Post by Skip »

I will take seriously any argument against abortion from a person who is prepared to legally adopt all the babies they "save".
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Skip wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:06 am I will take seriously any argument against abortion from a person who is prepared to legally adopt all the babies they "save".
Once you are deemed unworthy I will take seriously any argument from someone objecting to the decision rendered by the three robot panel that you are unworthy of life providing that they take responsibility for your worthiness during the next five years. If you are again deemed unworthy then the person adopting you must agree to enter the abortion chamber with you. Society can just take so much clutter.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Greta wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:50 pm Nick cares more for mindless and insensate blobs of protoplasm than adult women.

Just because a mindless, insensate blob of protoplasm in early pregnancy might one day become a human doesn't mean they must all be preserved. Aren't our current overpopulation problems sufficient? Whatever, they can be sent off to die in war or through neglect soon enough anyway.

Another point - what if that blob of insensate protoplasm grows up to be female, left-wing and a keen secularist thinker. That is, everything you detest in life?
Your narrow mindedness prevents you from valuing the wholeness of the life cycle itself. Without any awareness of a human perspective it is natural to only value the kill
Skip

Post by Skip »

I really think you've lost the grip, Nick. It's time to retire with your robots to a nice padded room.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Nick is blissfully unaware that he is the best advertisement for abortion imaginable.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Skip wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:17 am I really think you've lost the grip, Nick. It's time to retire with your robots to a nice padded room.
I know it is fashionable to relish the kill of the politically incorrect in the age of reason. it is the easy way to control population and convenience is a great motivator in these times.

The question for philosophy is if humanity could ever value the life process or must it gradually be lost in favor of the lust for the convenience of the kill? Everything indicates that the destruction of the politically incorrect and all that values the life process will remain a secular value.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:31 am Nick is blissfully unaware that he is the best advertisement for abortion imaginable.
Yes I bring out the fangs of those with the lust for the kill. Recognition and valuing the life cycle must be eliminated to justify the glory of the kill.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Nick supports political parties that kill people by policy via callous neglect, yet the insensate blob of protoplasm of early pregnancy, less sentient than than the animals he eats, is given special status.

Why? The "wholeness of the life cycle itself". In other words, he thinks it's unfair to curtain a soul's journey whilst in the womb but once it's out in the world - as per his Republican Party's policies - it can fend for itself no matter how drastically tilted playing field, or it go and fuck itself.

So why bring unwanted souls into our physical reality, only to effectively torture them with neglect? The insensate foetus's shortened fate seems far kinder to all concerned unless you are prepared to support policies that help to elevate the poor and make the division of resources less distorted, more commensurate with contribution to society rather than simple economic leverage?

This is even if the idea of full souls in blobs of protoplasm is treated as fact rather than pure speculation based on zero evidence.

No doubt he will think this post (and others above) are the product of spirit-killing secular minds, guided by the Great Beast and hard wired by the robot overlords.

Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

Nick_A wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:40 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:31 am Nick is blissfully unaware that he is the best advertisement for abortion imaginable.
Yes I bring out the fangs of those with the lust for the kill. Recognition and valuing the life cycle must be eliminated to justify the glory of the kill.
Sorry to break it to you, buddy, but that's not what she meant.

You're just in the same bath water as the incest babies.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Nick_A wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:40 am
Keep it up, lad. You are doing so well. :D