Smoking - bad, worse or the Devil himself?

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Re: Smoking - bad, worse or the Devil himself?

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 4:13 am So it's actually overdose and not 'withdrawal'.
Well, during the time that I was actually taking the stuff, I felt pretty damn good, haha. And obviously, I survived. It was just the next few days afterwards that my realization of what I just did slowly set in, in the form of very intense depression and agitation.

But I would agree with you that the addictiveness of cigarettes is overblown by a lot of people. If you're an occasional smoker, or really, as long as you aren't a long-term smoker, or a tart with the stuff like me, you probably won't experience anything too drastic when you cease your use.
Greta

Post by Greta »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:37 pmBeyond ridiculous is the banning of smoking in pubs. I mean ffs. Bars have never been considered health spas. People are in there to destroy their brains and livers so I don't think a bit of smoke is going to bother them.
:lol: It's funny because it's true.

The issue seems to be class based. The old pisshead boozer types had no drama with the cigs but the environment did not suit health conscious yuppies seeking to have a civilised drinkie poo after work or at lunchtime on the weekend.

Still, I never cared about all that. I gave up going to pubs when pubs gave up live original music in favour of poker machines, recorded music and cover blands, er, bands.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

QuantumT wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:20 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:09 pm The revolting packaging also makes squat difference to the smoking numbers.
I heard rumors that says otherwise. But in the business of propaganda, truth is the first victim I guess.
that would be war, but concur.