How Come Elizabeth Holmes is not in Prison?

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: How Come Elizabeth Holmes is not in Prison?

Post by Walker »

I'll correct it even further, with a new posting that doesn't quote anyone.

This should allow your attention to work on content, principles, and philosophy, rather than exclusively on form.

Capitalism is irrelevant in the context of cops.

Cops exist to protect and serve the social order.

That’s the principle of cop.

Capitalistic cops, communist cops, dictator’s cops, forum cops.
The details of the social system don't matter.

The principle of cop doesn't depend on capitalism.

The motto of cops everywhere is protect and serve … the social order.

In the United States, where individualism is emphasized, this is an acceptable motto because individuals recognize the necessity of self-reliance.

Those who protect and serve the individual are called personal attorneys and bodyguards, not cops.
With capitalism, more individuals can afford them.
Walker

Post by Walker »

-1- wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:58 pm I asked the mods to erase your immediately preceding post to this one.
Pussy.

The historical record, warts and all and the displayed process by which that is resolved and clarified is more important than changing the historical record, which is first kin to censorship, because it educates as to what happens when there's not a cop to call, and when intent is not corrupted by lack of connection to a higher meaning.
-1-

Post by -1- »

I may be a pussy, but how will you feel, Walker, when you wake up one morning, and the site is plastered with quotations by you all over the place when you did not say those things?

I am not saying you did that purposefully. You made an error of misplacing and end-quote. But I had to let people know that your post quoted me saying things I did not say. Then I asked you to please be more careful.

If that to you is pussy, then so be it. I am a pussy. I don't like to read things attributed to me which I did not say. A very pussy thing to do.

Next I know Donald Trump will walk up to me a grab me.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Still all stuck on you and not the content.

That kind of thing happens all the time. It happens to me, sure, I think even today. I don’t say anything about it, it’s such a small thing. The pussiness is running to a cop rather than your neighbor to correct the issues that matter to you. Likely, the mod doesn’t appreciate time on such a kindergarten issue, but it is a way to get noticed.
-1-

Post by -1- »

Walker wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:26 pm Still all stuck on you and not the content.

That kind of thing happens all the time. It happens to me, sure, I think even today. I don’t say anything about it, it’s such a small thing. The pussiness is running to a cop rather than your neighbor to correct the issues that matter to you. Likely, the mod doesn’t appreciate time on such a kindergarten issue, but it is a way to get noticed.
I stick by the rules. I cringe every time I see that a rule is broken. It can lead to mayhem in time. If you let the small mistakes go by, then the large mistakes have a chance to go uncorrected. After all, who is to say what mistake is small, and what mistake is large? Rules are rules, and I think the mods should stick to them.

The mods don't stick to the rules. They explained to me that it's a fine balance. Some grievances are not worth disrupting the service for. In fact, on this site I have never seen a mod action. On other sites, yes.

I felt the service was worth disrupting for the mistake you made. I particularly don't like it if someone quotes me and puts words in my mouth. But to attribute an entire long-ish post to me wrongly I can't abide.

Call me pussy, call me whatever you like. I still don't like it, and I am sure you don't like it either.

You said it happened to you today, the same thing, and it happens all the time. Maybe you are a chip off a different block. To you your reputation is nothing, and if some others whine about theirs, you take it as weakness.

Be your own. I'll be mine.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Walker wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:26 pm Still all stuck on you and not the content.

It's not that difficult to use the quote function, and mistakes are easily rectified. No one likes to be mis-quoted.
Walker

Post by Walker »

That's not the principle at issue being illustrated in action, as explained.

The principle is, rat.

To repeat, the pussiness is running to a cop rather than your neighbor to correct the issues that matter to you.

That's not difficult to see.
Walker

Post by Walker »

What, no philosophical meditations, metaphor or logic or gossip, on rat?

:?

Backwards, tar. Inside out, art.

Smelling one is evidence that doesn't amount to proof.

Rat is a fact of life, a dualism detail, a thread of a designer sometimes signatured.

Everyone knows rat personally, sometimes biting, sometimes bitten. Distilling rat survival into love requires some transcendence, as Frankl discovered. Just imagine what it must be like to love enemies more than oneself in a world where so many can’t love the one they’re with, let alone sing such perfect harmonies.

Why be a rat? To curry favour with the powers that be, to seek an edge against future unknowns. Rat knows the ways of tit for tat. Rat requires non-transparency. In the natural world you don’t often see them because they see you first. In some places they become visible, bold, competing for resources. There’s probably more rats in the world than humans but everyone remembers the time they saw a rat.

How does this principle of rat relate to Elizabeth Holmes?

Could it be that the multiple-choice-answer-format has succeeded not only in conditioning generations to the finite possibilities of duality, entwined with memories of blinkered perceptions, but also in blocking the philosophy gene?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Walker

Post by Walker »

Since her product had no substance, she must have cast a spell to get where she got.

There's no other explanation, is there?

Did you observe her attention to voice, like the Bene Gesserit from Herbert's Dune?