Do you ever get the urge to kill something...

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Do you ever get the urge to kill?

Yes I do
47%
No I don't
53%

Total votes: 15

Torchickens

Re: Do you ever get the urge to kill something...

Post by Torchickens »

If a fly comes into my home I may not, but when it touches my food, or sometimes touches me, or if many are making a buzzing noise, I may get the urge to kill them. I sometimes do kill them, but I often regret not just taking them outside and closing the doors/windows.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Dubious wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:32 am Only in reverse. More than happy to leave everyone else to the slow death of their own miseries.
That's exactly how I view it, Dub. Well spoke.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

A friend i've been mates with since school once turned and tried to strangle me from behind with a tea-towel. We had been playing cribbage and drinking, and he had been smoking trees of weed.
I poured what was the last of the port into my glass (the port that I had bought), he tried to get the glass off of me, but failed. I drank the port and because of his antics I threw a glass of water over him when we were in the kitchen. That's when he finally went over the edge.
I was down on my knees while being strangled, and I actually thought i was going to die...so I punched him in the nuts...which any man will tell you, you will let go of a tea-towel.
Then I left...and as you can tell, I am still here.
:D
Walker

Post by Walker »

The antidote to the urge to kill something is to take your life seriously, then such situations don’t develop, or they develop elsewhere for others.

Taking life seriously as the antidote to blood-lust may sound like a paradoxical association since killing anything (life, an idea, a future) is serious business, but that paradoxical association exists only because taking life seriously gets confused with taking yourself too seriously, rather than life taken seriously and with good humour nipping trouble in the bud.

No trouble, no urge to kill things off to instigate fundamental change. There's always trouble somewhere ... else, which is not necessarily exclusionary.

Example: Editing copy for communication is taking life seriously, but not taking oneself seriously.

8)
Walker

Post by Walker »

Torchickens wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:33 am If a fly comes into my home I may not, but when it touches my food, or sometimes touches me, or if many are making a buzzing noise, I may get the urge to kill them. I sometimes do kill them, but I often regret not just taking them outside and closing the doors/windows.
Good speed practice to catch flies in mid-air, with either hand, then release them into the wild. Be sure to wash after each success.