Massive Mass Reparations for African-Americans

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

DPMartin

Re: Massive Mass Reparations for African-Americans

Post by DPMartin »

you bone heads are being played, just look you're yapping about something that pretty much has been history for over 150 years in the free world.

don't you know if i make you think i'm a victim, then i'm in the right.

do you know of anyone being a slave legally for the past 50 years? then where's the victim?
ReverendGrandmother

Post by ReverendGrandmother »

DPMartin wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:08 pm you bone heads are being played, just look you're yapping about something that pretty much has been history for over 150 years in the free world.
You must be rather young.

As for me, I was alive when some people who were slaves before the Civil War were alive.

I know grandchildren of people who were slaves - and they could tell you some rather unsettling stories.

This is not some kind of ancient history.

Cheers,
Grandma
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

The idea of reparations is wrong. My ancestors were exploited by the same aristocrats that most people were.
It would make more sense to make strenuous efforts to ensure absolute equality of opportunity for all, rather then make payoffs to further the arbitrary divisions between different interest groups within society.
Wherever you are from the real issue is about CLASS, and there is no point pretending that this is not the case.
What is needed is more integration and less multiculturalism. More opporunities for all and less obsessing about diversity.
The establishment are good at divide and rule, and the discssion about reparations is held out like a carrott to further divide working people.
Walker

Post by Walker »

There's a new plantation for the Democrats now.
Chinese slaves.
Corporations are getting fat off their blood.
Reparations for Chinese slaves in China?

Why not. Print up another couple more trillion $.
Give it to the Chinese government to distribute.

Biden has said Mr. Chinese President "gets it."
He probably does get it, according to Biden's standards.

Tough to compete with slave pricing.
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

ReverendGrandmother wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:25 pm
DPMartin wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:08 pm you bone heads are being played, just look you're yapping about something that pretty much has been history for over 150 years in the free world.
You must be rather young.

As for me, I was alive when some people who were slaves before the Civil War were alive.

I know grandchildren of people who were slaves - and they could tell you some rather unsettling stories.

This is not some kind of ancient history.

Cheers,
Grandma
then you must think you're responsible for that, and if so then you are being played.
ReverendGrandmother

DPMartin wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:20 pm
then you must think you're responsible for that, and if so then you are being played.
Child,

I pointed out that this is not, by any reasonable measure, ancient history.

I am not, personally, responsible for it.

The effects of this history - that only recently passed of out living memory - are still being felt.

It is because of this history that white people are (on average) substantially better off, economically and socially, than black people - especially where I live, in the rural South.

You seem to be saying, in effect, "History screwed you over, that's your problem. Nothing to do with me, I will go and enjoy my life that my ancestors have built. Sucks to be you."

As I have mentioned in another post, the philosopher Robert Nozick has what seems like a very good solution:

https://www.libertarianism.org/columns/ ... sic-income

This solution would take into account the fact that some whites are desperately poor, and some black people are quite well off - even if the averages do favor one group over the other.

Cheers,
Grandma
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Here's how reparations can work (usin' myself as the example)...

1-It must be proven I'm the direct descendant of a slaver.

2-It must be proven I'm, today, a beneficiary of that ancestor's slavin' ways.

3-The person who lays claim to reparations must prove his ancestor was enslaved by mine.

4-The person who lays claim to reparations must prove he, himself, today, has been disadvantaged by his ancestor's enslavement.

Satisfy these prerequisites and I'll be glad to sit down and discuss compensations.

If these prerequisites aren't met, I'll not pony up a single dime.

These blankets cries for reparations are akin to some men rape, so all men, today and tomorrow, are guilty.

Nope, not havin' any of that.

-----

As a natural rights libertarian (and deist), I tell you plainly: basic income is for crap.

My life, liberty, property are mine. To ask for my help (and for a variety of reasons, I may give it) is permissable; to demand it, to lay claim to it, is gonna net you nada.

My principles only demand I recognize each man belongs to himself, that his life, liberty, and property are his: ain't nuthin' in there about providin' for him, or makin' compensation to him when I've done no wrong to him.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

'African American' has to be the stupidest label to date (after a string of stupid labels). At what point do they become 'actual' Americans? After about 400 years, at what point does one stop being 'African'? Do these illiterate Americans even know that Africa is a massive continent, made up of many different countries and cultures??
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=vegetariantaxidermy post_id=507929 time=1618701172 user_id=8006]
'African American' has to be the stupidest label to date (after a string of stupid labels). At what point do they become 'actual' Americans? After about 400 years, at what point does one stop being 'African'? Do these illiterate Americans even know that Africa is a massive continent, made up of many different countries and cultures??
[/quote]

1) n*****
2) negro
3) black
4) colored person
5) African American
6) person of color

This shit has to stop. Since they can't pick one, i'll take it upon myself to choose as i see fit.
vegetariantaxidermy

Advocate wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:47 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:12 am 'African American' has to be the stupidest label to date (after a string of stupid labels). At what point do they become 'actual' Americans? After about 400 years, at what point does one stop being 'African'? Do these illiterate Americans even know that Africa is a massive continent, made up of many different countries and cultures??
1) n*****
2) negro
3) black
4) colored person
5) African American
6) person of color

This shit has to stop. Since they can't pick one, i'll take it upon myself to choose as i see fit.
What's wrong with 'American'?
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

ReverendGrandmother wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:56 pm
Child,

The effects of this history - that only recently passed of out living memory - are still being felt.

It is because of this history that white people are (on average) substantially better off, economically and socially, than black people - especially where I live, in the rural South.

You seem to be saying, in effect, "History screwed you over, that's your problem. Nothing to do with me, I will go and enjoy my life that my ancestors have built. Sucks to be you."

As I have mentioned in another post, the philosopher Robert Nozick has what seems like a very good solution:

This solution would take into account the fact that some whites are desperately poor, and some black people are quite well off - even if the averages do favor one group over the other.

Cheers,
Grandma
yea you're right it sucks to be you it sucks to be a Jew in the 30's it sucks to be a Ukrainian in stallions time it sucks to be in opposition to chairman moa in his day, its sucks to be a Indian during the the contest for the west. yet i didn't do it, and you blame me and those who look like me for the place you were born into in this world because i look like those who may have been responsible for not letting your ancestors have what they had.

when it sucks were some one is they usually go where it don't suck, so if you insist on staying where it sucks, when you can move on, who's fault is that? the US is full of those who change their circumstances which includes all races and creeds. and from all over the world. you're basically saying you're entitled what others have, who made that rule?

if you think everyone should have the same, then maybe a communist country would suit you better.

oh yea that "child" talk you might keep that to yourself because there's no assurances that you're no older than 13 here.
ReverendGrandmother

DPMartin wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:34 pm
oh yea that "child" talk you might keep that to yourself because there's no assurances that you're no older than 13 here.
Oh, please. My command of English and ability to use punctuation correctly puts me at least at 15.

Cheers,
Grandma
vegetariantaxidermy

Child,

Cheers,
Grandma
Take it up with the British then. Aren't they the ones who abducted all those Africans into slavery? Them and the Portuguese? It was a massive industry. It really has nothing to do with the Americans of the present time. The US seems to be a shit-hole for everyone but the rich, regardless of melanin content.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Child,

Cheers,
Grandma
If the reparations be massive enough, look forward to race-identification piggy-backing on the current legitimacy of arbitrary sex-identification. Given the way folks have been misbehaving of late, it's reasonable to figure that anyone willing to sell their heritage for a few pieces of silver would jump at compensation to arbitrarily change race-identification to fit the fad, then change it back for whatever reason, or perhaps even change it to some other identification ... all reasons being legitimate just because they exist as reasons in the world of secular relativism.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Reparations is all about victim mentality.

Here is a true American, i.e., one who refuses to be a victim.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ea-reVDTdI