Massive Mass Reparations for African-Americans

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Systematic
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:29 am

Massive Mass Reparations for African-Americans

Post by Systematic » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:19 pm

The topic of reparations for African-American slavery in the United States has been proposed. Rather than the paltry amount that will likely be proposed, I believe that the real opportunity lies in being highly generous. Due to the relatively small size of the African-American population residing in the United States, that generosity would be possible. Nominally, I would like to see each African-American adult to receive approximately $300,000 per annum.

The reasons for that generosity is actually to help everyone, including the white race. Obviously, I don’t need to spell out the benefit to the African-American communities, but here’s how other races would benefit. White people love having steady jobs in high tech companies. Black people are dynamic users of said technologies; however, most black persons cannot afford to use the technologies dynamically due to the fact that the technologies are expensive beyond their means (generally).

Also, black people tend to be highly inventive using the technologies available to them. Smoked ribs with sauce were invented due to the situation in slavery where they were not allowed to eat the finer cuts of beef. Eventually technology will take a major role in the workforce, and all people will be in the place of finding something to do in the face of unemployment. We need black people in that position first in order to invent new ways of coping with unemployment while earning a steady paycheck.

Also, black people have not been so highly influenced by Christianity as white people have. White people need their influence in order to reverse 2000 years of asceticism. White people need to get over their aversion to overt success. Seeing black people with a face of success could get them past their asceticism.

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8385
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: Massive Mass Reparations for African-Americans

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:37 pm

Systematic wrote:The topic of reparations for African-American slavery in the United States has been proposed.
I think mass repatriations for white people would solve more problems.
At least most white people know their original countries from their surnames and their family records.
When blacks were brought over they lost their liberty and everything else including their names.

User avatar
Hobbes' Choice
Posts: 8385
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 am

Re: Massive Mass Reparations for African-Americans

Post by Hobbes' Choice » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:38 pm

Systematic wrote: Also, black people have not been so highly influenced by Christianity as white people have. .
PS you are a fucking idiot for several reasons on this thread but this is possibly the most stupid.

Impenitent
Posts: 1842
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: Massive Mass Reparations for African-Americans

Post by Impenitent » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:47 pm

mass reparations?

after every person without American Indian blood is removed from the United States...

-Imp

FlashDangerpants
Posts: 1209
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:54 pm

Re: Massive Mass Reparations for African-Americans

Post by FlashDangerpants » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:26 pm

Systematic wrote:White people love having steady jobs in high tech companies. Black people are dynamic users of said technologies; however, most black persons cannot afford to use the technologies dynamically due to the fact that the technologies are expensive beyond their means (generally).
I hope the only real problem here is that you are trying out irony for the first time.

User avatar
Seleucus
Posts: 667
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 3:53 am

Re: Massive Mass Reparations for African-Americans

Post by Seleucus » Tue May 30, 2017 6:20 am

Systematic wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:19 pm
The topic of reparations for African-American slavery in the United States has been proposed. Rather than the paltry amount that will likely be proposed, I believe that the real opportunity lies in being highly generous. Due to the relatively small size of the African-American population residing in the United States, that generosity would be possible. Nominally, I would like to see each African-American adult to receive approximately $300,000 per annum.
I'm a strong supporter of organized repatriation as a way to bring change to the troubled homelands from which refugees have fled. Given education, inculcation in new values, saved earnings while in North America and proper support on returning it could make all the difference to bringing progress to those countries. The initial repatriation of Blacks to Liberia after the end of slavery can be argued to have accomplished exactly those objectives. Not to mention getting a relatively undesirable element out of the country. The problem that eventually faced repatriated Libero-Americans was when they turned to communism, resulting in US president Carter severing financial, technical, military support, student and working visas, and so on and the Libero-American's state, by some descriptions one of the most successful in Africa, was overrun by the indigenous population and genocided, in a sad irony, by the very people whom the Libero-American'ssocialist sympathies went out to. In conclusion, such a project needs long term assistance to succeed. Unfortunately, democratic societies have been very unable to stick to long term agendas as administrations come and go with elections. If you want a documentary recommendation, Adam Curtis's "Bitter Lake" is on the topic of failure to follow long term plans by the Western democracies.

Science Fan
Posts: 843
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: Massive Mass Reparations for African-Americans

Post by Science Fan » Tue May 30, 2017 5:02 pm

So, a poor white person should have their taxes increased so that a wealthy black person can receive an additional $300,000.00 per year, because of actions that the poor white person had nothing to do with? And you call this a just plan?

User avatar
Seleucus
Posts: 667
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 3:53 am

Re: Massive Mass Reparations for African-Americans

Post by Seleucus » Wed May 31, 2017 3:38 am

Science Fan wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 5:02 pm
So, a poor white person should have their taxes increased so that a wealthy black person can receive an additional $300,000.00 per year, because of actions that the poor white person had nothing to do with? And you call this a just plan?
The just part of the plan I expect is that the repatriots will bring freedom and prosperity to the homelands they have left behind. The exact costs of the program I'm not sure, by comparison a multi-year US initiative in education in a 3rd-world country I recently read up on was about $150 million, Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan has come to about $6000 million. Some theorists of ethnogenesis suggest a relatively small kernel or seed of leadership is all that is required for a nation to grow around. A failed effort is worse than not having done anything at all so a significant investment is probably worth risking if the project was seriously to be undertaken. By looking at other relatively recent successful nation building projects such as Israel or Indonesia, at least half a century of major assistance would be necessary. The major advantage of this scheme is it avoids some of the appearance of colonialism that a similar take over by totally unconnected peoples would have but allows for the all important cultural transmission of American values and allegiance. Furthermore, its hard to imagine who but expatriates and people of ethnic affinity with a region would be willing to relocating to and passionately own the project.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 6939
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Massive Mass Reparations for African-Americans

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Wed May 31, 2017 4:03 am

Seleucus wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 3:38 am
Science Fan wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 5:02 pm
So, a poor white person should have their taxes increased so that a wealthy black person can receive an additional $300,000.00 per year, because of actions that the poor white person had nothing to do with? And you call this a just plan?
The just part of the plan I expect is that the repatriots will bring freedom and prosperity to the homelands they have left behind. The exact costs of the program I'm not sure, by comparison a multi-year US initiative in education in a 3rd-world country I recently read up on was about $150 million, Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan has come to about $6000 million. Some theorists of ethnogenesis suggest a relatively small kernel or seed of leadership is all that is required for a nation to grow around. A failed effort is worse than not having done anything at all so a significant investment is probably worth risking if the project was seriously to be undertaken. By looking at other relatively recent successful nation building projects such as Israel or Indonesia, at least half a century of major assistance would be necessary. The major advantage of this scheme is it avoids some of the appearance of colonialism that a similar take over by totally unconnected peoples would have but allows for the all important cultural transmission of American values and allegiance. Furthermore, its hard to imagine who but expatriates and people of ethnic affinity with a region would be willing to relocating to and passionately own the project.
Are you suggesting that black Americans aren't as American as anyone else? And they were hardly refugees. 'American values and allegiance'. Sounds delightful. :roll:

User avatar
Seleucus
Posts: 667
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 3:53 am

Re: Massive Mass Reparations for African-Americans

Post by Seleucus » Wed May 31, 2017 7:06 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 4:03 am
Seleucus wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 3:38 am
Science Fan wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 5:02 pm
So, a poor white person should have their taxes increased so that a wealthy black person can receive an additional $300,000.00 per year, because of actions that the poor white person had nothing to do with? And you call this a just plan?
The just part of the plan I expect is that the repatriots will bring freedom and prosperity to the homelands they have left behind. The exact costs of the program I'm not sure, by comparison a multi-year US initiative in education in a 3rd-world country I recently read up on was about $150 million, Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan has come to about $6000 million. Some theorists of ethnogenesis suggest a relatively small kernel or seed of leadership is all that is required for a nation to grow around. A failed effort is worse than not having done anything at all so a significant investment is probably worth risking if the project was seriously to be undertaken. By looking at other relatively recent successful nation building projects such as Israel or Indonesia, at least half a century of major assistance would be necessary. The major advantage of this scheme is it avoids some of the appearance of colonialism that a similar take over by totally unconnected peoples would have but allows for the all important cultural transmission of American values and allegiance. Furthermore, its hard to imagine who but expatriates and people of ethnic affinity with a region would be willing to relocating to and passionately own the project.
Are you suggesting that black Americans aren't as American as anyone else? And they were hardly refugees. 'American values and allegiance'. Sounds delightful. :roll:
Here are the two replies I have made in this discussion,

viewtopic.php?f=7&p=314727#p314596

viewtopic.php?f=7&p=314727#p314723

If there is something that is suggesting "black Americans aren't as American as anyone else" or that most Black Americans were refugees go ahead and quote that line. Otherwise, I want an apology from you for implying that I did.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 6939
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Massive Mass Reparations for African-Americans

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Wed May 31, 2017 7:22 am

Seleucus wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 7:06 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 4:03 am
Seleucus wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 3:38 am

The just part of the plan I expect is that the repatriots will bring freedom and prosperity to the homelands they have left behind. The exact costs of the program I'm not sure, by comparison a multi-year US initiative in education in a 3rd-world country I recently read up on was about $150 million, Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan has come to about $6000 million. Some theorists of ethnogenesis suggest a relatively small kernel or seed of leadership is all that is required for a nation to grow around. A failed effort is worse than not having done anything at all so a significant investment is probably worth risking if the project was seriously to be undertaken. By looking at other relatively recent successful nation building projects such as Israel or Indonesia, at least half a century of major assistance would be necessary. The major advantage of this scheme is it avoids some of the appearance of colonialism that a similar take over by totally unconnected peoples would have but allows for the all important cultural transmission of American values and allegiance. Furthermore, its hard to imagine who but expatriates and people of ethnic affinity with a region would be willing to relocating to and passionately own the project.
Are you suggesting that black Americans aren't as American as anyone else? And they were hardly refugees. 'American values and allegiance'. Sounds delightful. :roll:
Here are the two replies I have made in this discussion,

viewtopic.php?f=7&p=314727#p314596

viewtopic.php?f=7&p=314727#p314723

If there is something that is suggesting "black Americans aren't as American as anyone else" or that most Black Americans were refugees go ahead and quote that line. Otherwise, I want an apology from you for implying that I did.
You only have to look four posts up from your last one.

'' Systematic wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:19 am
The topic of reparations for African-American slavery in the United States has been proposed. Rather than the paltry amount that will likely be proposed, I believe that the real opportunity lies in being highly generous. Due to the relatively small size of the African-American population residing in the United States, that generosity would be possible. Nominally, I would like to see each African-American adult to receive approximately $300,000 per annum.

I'm a strong supporter of organized repatriation as a way to bring change to the troubled homelands from which refugees have fled. Given education, inculcation in new values, saved earnings while in North America and proper support on returning it could make all the difference to bringing progress to those countries. The initial repatriation of Blacks to Liberia after the end of slavery can be argued to have accomplished exactly those objectives. Not to mention getting a relatively undesirable element out of the country.''

And previously you had been talking about repatriating refugees. I would ask for an apology but I'm not that pompous and self-important.

'' Systematic wrote: ↓
Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:19 am
The topic of reparations for African-American slavery in the United States has been proposed. Rather than the paltry amount that will likely be proposed, I believe that the real opportunity lies in being highly generous. Due to the relatively small size of the African-American population residing in the United States, that generosity would be possible. Nominally, I would like to see each African-American adult to receive approximately $300,000 per annum.
Seleucus↓
I'm a strong supporter of organized repatriation as a way to bring change to the troubled homelands from which refugees have fled. Given education, inculcation in new values, saved earnings while in North America and proper support on returning it could make all the difference to bringing progress to those countries. The initial repatriation of Blacks to Liberia after the end of slavery can be argued to have accomplished exactly those objectives. Not to mention getting a relatively undesirable element out of the country. ''

Btw. You are a racist idiot, and I'm not one to throw that word around the way some on here do.
What the hell makes you think black Americans would want to go and live in Uganda?

User avatar
Seleucus
Posts: 667
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 3:53 am

Re: Massive Mass Reparations for African-Americans

Post by Seleucus » Wed May 31, 2017 8:42 am

To quote, you wrote,
Are you suggesting...
When I called you out on it by saying,
Here are the two replies I have made
...
I want an apology from you for implying that I did.
You then responded,
'' Systematic wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:19 am
I doubt you confused "Seluecus" with "Systematic". But even if you had, rather than apologizing, you go on to write,
You are a racist idiot
Like I've already told you twice before, I need to be treated with respect and won't dialogue with anyone who can't refrain from name calling. Conversation with you is over.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 6939
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Massive Mass Reparations for African-Americans

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Wed May 31, 2017 9:13 am

Seleucus wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 8:42 am
To quote, you wrote,
Are you suggesting...
When I called you out on it by saying,
Here are the two replies I have made
...
I want an apology from you for implying that I did.
You then responded,
'' Systematic wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:19 am
I doubt you confused "Seluecus" with "Systematic". But even if you had, rather than apologizing, you go on to write,
You are a racist idiot
Like I've already told you twice before, I need to be treated with respect and won't dialogue with anyone who can't refrain from name calling. Conversation with you is over.
I didn't get confused about anything. I don't respect you because you write nonsense and you come across as lacking integrity.

Science Fan
Posts: 843
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: Massive Mass Reparations for African-Americans

Post by Science Fan » Wed May 31, 2017 3:55 pm

I seriously doubt anyone is going to take you up on your proposal. For one thing, it is racist and biologists have known for decades now that there is no such thing as a "black race" or "white race." There are no races among humans. It's also unjust to punish people alive today for some acts done by some other people that they had nothing to do with. There would also be a huge economic recession if we did what you suggest. I don't see any justice in what you are proposing, nor do I see any rational factual basis to support anything you are suggesting.

User avatar
Seleucus
Posts: 667
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 3:53 am

Re: Massive Mass Reparations for African-Americans

Post by Seleucus » Wed May 31, 2017 4:26 pm

Science Fan wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 3:55 pm
I seriously doubt anyone is going to take you up on your proposal. For one thing, it is racist and biologists have known for decades now that there is no such thing as a "black race" or "white race." There are no races among humans.
Of course. This is an obvious fact. When I go to rural Korea the words Black or White are both equally appropriate and applicable. In the French countryside I can use the words Black or White indifferently too. In the Nigerian interior White is a totally correct word for the people whom I see about. The indigenous people of Hawaii, Malaysians, and the inhabitants of Madagascar, they really all have nothing in common... besides that they could be called White. But then, only a vile racist would be using such terms anyhow.

If you want to see a highly sophisticated and totally respectful approach to the issue of race, I suggest a visit to "AnthroScape human biodiversity forum", an amazing and beautiful investigation of our races and diversity.
Science Fan wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 3:55 pm
It's also unjust to punish people alive today for some acts done by some other people that they had nothing to do with. There would also be a huge economic recession if we did what you suggest. I don't see any justice in what you are proposing, nor do I see any rational factual basis to support anything you are suggesting.
I doubt the Black repatriation would fly too well however much it might benefit Africa and the African Americans who yearn to come home to their ancestral lands. Of course African people don't want to go back to Africa -- who would care for the sublime and strangely familiar loving warmth and smell of his motherland of fifty-thousand years after centuries of captivity and exile anyway?

However, I believe this issue of repatriation of refugees is going to be a big one in the coming decades. Whether refugees are repatriated only to be mugged or massacred on return, or in an organized and supported way that can bring reform to their land and people, will make a huge difference.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arising_uk, Google [Bot] and 1 guest