what does money mean, what does it represent? Is it a moral value system?

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

osgart

what does money mean, what does it represent? Is it a moral value system?

Post by osgart »

money governs society. Gainfulness is king and law favors the wealthy. There is the money owners and the money renters. The value of your life is measured in cost and debt. Money is our system of morals toward other people and planet earth. Being born into this world you are immediately costed as a liability and noneso an asset nor any kind of value is placed on human life. Money is your king and your ruler. The nature of money is to consume , to have for self. Money is a forced agreement of usury. Is money an evil pimp or a measure of what is worthwhile? Nobody does one action aside from gainful selfishness and your forced to be this nature. Is money really good government.
My father used to say if you dont work you dont eat. So i worked hard and it all goes for cost and someone else benefits for your time and effort.
Lo and behold we have a tax system that says we have to live off each other and have to pay each others misfortunes and burdens. Their is no free money we are all hung too it. The money is a chain system with an anvil for all of us to account for us. Is money freedom? Or an anvil chain system. Does money value life? Is money an equation of value equal to the right and the deserve?
Or is money a bitch or a pimp. This is the nature of capitalism and it is the nature of our government. Its our beast created for our ambitions and our necessity. Necessity is a dark word for those chewed up and spit out by our beast called money.
TSBU

Re: what does money mean, what does it represent? Is it a moral value system?

Post by TSBU »

osgart wrote:money governs society.
Society doesn't exist.
osgart wrote:Gainfulness is king and law favors the wealthy.
Gainfulness seem to be YOUR king. Law doesn't exist in the way you are saying, there are only people and what they do, many of them are corrupt.
osgart wrote:There is the money owners and the money renters. The value of your life is measured in cost and debt.
Money renters are only a few, and that separation is completely inadecuate, the value of your life is measured in cost and debt... and it's the same without money, it would be the same even without "property", after all, the only thing you can really do, what you really "pay" is... evidently, what you do.
osgart wrote:Money is our system of morals toward other people and planet earth.
You know? this isn't an argument, this is a fucking mantra. Anyway, moral systems doesn't exist, they are not chosen: nobody choose to use money thinking really if it's a good idea, without thinking that many people use it, in the end, like maaaaaany other things, is something that people do... because other people do it, and because they got used to do it. But it's not a moral decission, they just imitate.
osgart wrote:Being born into this world you are immediately costed as a liability and noneso an asset nor any kind of value is placed on human life.
You know? there are some people who say things over and over, when I answer them, I realize that I'm the same trying to explain, and it makes me feel a little sick. At least I try to talk to them. Who the hell are you talking with? What are you trying to show who? Things are how they are, cause people act like they act. You too. If you don't agree that "everybody" act that way (nobody gives value to human life), then say "many people do this", don't say "you are costed" without saying by who. If you are blaming robots who do things without seeing people, stop talking about "society", and start looking at every person, trying to show truth one by one.
osgart wrote:Money is your king and your ruler.
Fuuuuuuuuuuucking preacher.
osgart wrote:The nature of money is to consume , to have for self.
Blebleble, the nature of money is metal. Moeny doesn't put thoughts inside your fucking head, people use it consuming and having for themselves, think about it. They do the same with no money by the way.
osgart wrote:Money is a forced agreement of usury.
Forced? I've never seen any coin trying to enslave people, or being used as a weapon. Nobody is forcing you to use money.
osgart wrote:Is money an evil pimp or a measure of what is worthwhile?
It's just paper, metal, and bits. You can give them the use you want.
osgart wrote:Nobody does one action aside from gainful selfishness and your forced to be this nature.
Oh, it was money, not me... now I see why are you so dogmatic... but no, it was you. Not everybody is like you, I do actions out of gaining money. Of course, I never do actions out of gaining something, that's impossible.
osgart wrote:Is money really good government.
As I said, metal, paper, and bits. By the way, there is no goverment in the way you describe it, just humans doing what they want to do.
osgart wrote:My father used to say if you dont work you dont eat. So i worked hard and it all goes for cost and someone else benefits for your time and effort.
Your father was wrong. Most of people don't give you value because of your efforts, most of people don't give you value even because of results, they just pay the less they can. It's the same without money. And by the way, puting a line, is necessary... or you'll die devoured by stupid and evil people, probably people like you, many of them will say to themselves "the system is forcing me to do this".

And tired, I won't answer to the rest. Think better about it, try talking with less exagerations, yeah, people die, this is a dark world, and yes, you can have big feelings about it, but there's no need to say things geting mad (it's useless anyway, nobody cares), if you don't understand something, ask. The final easy and darkest answer will always be probably: most of people are stupid and evil, and nothing will change that. But you already know it.
osgart

Post by osgart »

people make it what it is. Is money judicious? Is it benevolent? Perhaps it could be but it aint.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

osgart wrote:people make it what it is. Is money judicious? Is it benevolent? Perhaps it could be but it aint.
No, it can't be judicious or benevolent, because it's a coin, it doesn't think.
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

There is no objective meaning. The same thing will mean many different things to many different people, and people aren't right or wrong about the meanings they assign.

Functionally, and in the most general terms, money works as a representation of exchange value.