Talk About Unsung Heroes?

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: Talk About Unsung Heroes?

Post by Gary Childress »

MatejValuch wrote:It's just an opinion of a person, one middle aged mother from Fukushima. Nothing more, nothing less.
Judging from the article it's the opinion of a large number of people in Japan.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Gary Childress wrote:
TSBU wrote:
HexHammer wrote:Why?
I prefer to deal with alive people. I don't want them to die for me.
That's certainly a very commendable way of looking at things. However, what would have happened had all those workers refused to go back to the damaged plant to bring it under control? Maybe I'm wrong but wouldn't the damage have been far worse? :?:
Of course, the damage in the nuclear plant would have been worse.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

TSBU wrote:
Gary Childress wrote:
TSBU wrote: I prefer to deal with alive people. I don't want them to die for me.
That's certainly a very commendable way of looking at things. However, what would have happened had all those workers refused to go back to the damaged plant to bring it under control? Maybe I'm wrong but wouldn't the damage have been far worse? :?:
Would that extra damage have affected people in the areas around the plant or are you saying it would only have affected the plant itself and therefore the workers really didn't save anyone from anything?
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Gary Childress wrote:
TSBU wrote:
Gary Childress wrote:
Would that extra damage have affected people in the areas around the plant or are you saying it would only have affected the plant itself and therefore the workers really didn't save anyone from anything?
No, Im saying that the problems at the plant would have affected more people, but I don't mind. That people may be alive because of them, but they are dead. They made a choice, I respect it, but I don't consider them "heroes", I would have respected the oither option too, and it would have been equaly heroic in my eyes.