What a philosopher's "take" on this would be

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Proud Cosmopolitan

What a philosopher's "take" on this would be

Post by Proud Cosmopolitan »

With respect to a philosopher's "take" on "everyone knew what awareness month" or BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH or "PINKTOBER" which is at least 6 months away, I would imagine they would surmise that everyone had an ethical obligation to those of us who are PRESENTLY affected by breast cancer and to everyone who may POTENTIALLY be affected by breast cancer to move beyond mere AWARENESS to BREAST CANCER ACTION in the form of different forms of RESEARCH and that everyone was also obligated to steer clear of any companies or products that were "part of the problem" in CAUSING someone to get breast cancer in the first place, (i.e. companies that engage in activities such as "fracking" or toiletries and products that contain things such as parabens that supposedly are linked to breast cancer.).
Impenitent

Re: What a philosopher's "take" on this would be

Post by Impenitent »

why limit it to breast cancer? people drown- boycott water companies

-Imp
yiostheoy

Re: What a philosopher's "take" on this would be

Post by yiostheoy »

Proud Cosmopolitan wrote:With respect to a philosopher's "take" on "everyone knew what awareness month" or BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH or "PINKTOBER" which is at least 6 months away, I would imagine they would surmise that everyone had an ethical obligation to those of us who are PRESENTLY affected by breast cancer and to everyone who may POTENTIALLY be affected by breast cancer to move beyond mere AWARENESS to BREAST CANCER ACTION in the form of different forms of RESEARCH and that everyone was also obligated to steer clear of any companies or products that were "part of the problem" in CAUSING someone to get breast cancer in the first place, (i.e. companies that engage in activities such as "fracking" or toiletries and products that contain things such as parabens that supposedly are linked to breast cancer.).
So I guess you are talking about boycotting then?

I generally boycott any business that has made a big enough mistake that it could adversely affect anyone's health, especially my own.

Currently Foster Farms is being boycotted by many people because of their recent salmonella contamination in their frozen chicken.

The aluminum silicate hoax for underarm deodorant however supposedly causing breast cancer in women was across the board for all the dry underarm deodorants -- and this hoax has been generally debunked.

I will boycott any business with product contamination issues.