~ Mankind; Naturally Carnivorous. Natural Hunters ~

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

~ Mankind; Naturally Carnivorous. Natural Hunters ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

As meat-eaters we are ALL to a degree, insulated from actually seeing what we do.

We are part of the animal kingdom and the violence and carnivorous instincts is in our blood.

Very few of us rise above our natural predatory habits.

Last edited by Bill Wiltrack on Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hobbes' Choice

Re: ~ What Type of Asshole Shoots a Defenseless, Endangered Animal? ~

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

1) The African Buffalo is NOT an endangered species.
2) the sort of people that likes to kill them is Ernest Hemingway, pictured here in 1953
Screen Shot 2016-01-15 at 12.08.16.png
Screen Shot 2016-01-15 at 12.08.16.png (77.58 KiB) Viewed 4535 times
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

If I were to point a loaded, high-powered rifle at you...You would be endangered.

How could you have a problem with that type of concept?

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

The crocodile is not an endangered species either.

Do you eat meat Bill? If so, by your criteria, you are an arsehole who lets others do their dirty work.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Practicing vegetarian...with occasional indulgences into fish.

Had two heart attacks. Kind-of woke me up to the importance of a well balanced, vegetable-based diet.

If I pointed a loaded, high powered rifle at you...You would be endangered. I think you are able to understand this simple logic.

Just to be even more clear...How can someone, who has been given the best of everything in this world...find it important to, take many expensive endeavors, NOT to make a wild beast's life a little more comfortable or safe...but to kill that very beautiful, powerful living being?

How can we continue to raise & slaughter farm animals when having a vegetable based diet makes sense individually and as a species?

The answer? It's deeply woven into our blood & soul.

Nature is scary, deadly, and overwhelmingly amazing.

Last edited by Bill Wiltrack on Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

If I were to point a loaded, high-powered rifle at you...You would be endangered.

How could you have a problem with that type of concept?

1) You asked what sort of person, and I told you Ernest Hemingway. Can't face the truth?

2) I have no trouble the concept of "endangered species" The WWF keeps a list of them and the African Buffalo, and ME (humans) are not on the list. I think you might be the one to have a problem of the concept.

3) fuck off and finish you burger, and hot dog you fucking moron, and reflect where the meat came from.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:. I think you are able to understand this simple logic..
"Simple Logic" just about sums you up.
Skip

Post by Skip »

Take out "endangered", because it's redundant. All other species are endangered as long as this one is running the show. http://wwf.panda.org/about_our_earth/bi ... diversity/

To answer your OP question: all kinds of assholes, all over the world, all the time.
(The fact that Hemingway was an asshole doesn't really give them a lot more cachet.)
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Thank you for your robust responses.

Please, please, PLEASE show as much respect to each other as you afford to me...especially within my threads.

...um, I want to take the time to thank every one for the deep respect that is allotted to me here at the forum. Appreciated.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.
Practicing vegetarian...with occasional indulgences into fish.

Had two heart attacks. Kind-of woke me up to the importance of a well balanced, vegetable-based diet.
Which is any irony as apparently a good heart diet is this, http://www.them-apples.co.uk/2010/04/th ... n-paradox/
If I pointed a loaded, high powered rifle at you...You would be endangered. I think you are able to understand this simple logic.
Your logic is false as the human race would not be.
Just to be even more clear...How can someone, who has been given the best of everything in this world...find it important to, take many expensive endeavors, NOT to make a wild beast's life a little more comfortable or safe...but to kill that very beautiful, powerful living being?
Because they are a Yank brought up upon the Wild West?

I can only assume the person in the picture has something to do with your Yank politics as I doubt you really care about the animals in the picture and are just using them to further your own issues.
A fucked-up, somehow sexually deviant asshole. Asshole.
Why are you Yanks so obsessed with sex? Freud I guess.
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

I don't have any problem with people shooting animals for food or for conservation purposes as long as this is done in a humane and sustainable way. However people who kill animals for FUN are arseholes whether the animals are members of an endangered species or otherwise.

Hemingway was a fine writer with an economy of language which any wordsmith would envy but he was an also an arsehole of lofty calibre for a host of reasons besides the fact that he thought torturing and killing animals was an amusing form of entertainment.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

What Type of Asshole Shoots a Defenseless, Endangered Animal?

http://unionsportsmen.org/

your union master

-Imp
Green

Post by Green »

Guy doesn't seem like an asshole to me, costs a lot of money to hunt those beasts, which then feed a lot of people in the process, assuming the guides and gov. aren't too corrupt. I take down deer every season and fish when the mood hits, too. There's no difference imo, though I have a slight problem with factory farming, it still isn't enough concern to keep me from eating fast-food chicken every now and then.

Here in TX the stereotypes are plenty, but in all my years I have never met anyone who kills big game just for fun. It does happen but not often as northerners think it might. Also I'm a human, so if I want to kill and eat an animal I will regardless of what another man/woman thinks of me for it. Y'all want to know who the real assholes are, imo? Zoos. Let's keep animals with real risks of extinction, and try to breed them. I can't think anything more cruel than a Zoo, except maybe having birds for pets.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

If you are concerned about feeding people your interest would be more aligned with moving from an animal based diet to a vegetable-based diet.

In-short, being a human means being a natural predator.

I agree with you and believe you are correct in thinking zoos are horrible for the most part.

Having pet animals - especially wild animals like birds is also extremely cruel.

Last edited by Bill Wiltrack on Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skip

Post by Skip »

On the cruelty scale, modern zoos and pet parakeets come way lower than factory farming of chickens.

On the asshole scale, Trump trumps Hemingway, any day.