The Art of Peace

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: The Art of Peace

Post by Walker »

Impenitent wrote:only the dead know peace

after the decomposers wage war on their corpses

-Imp
Life is not a concept.

Death and non-existence are concepts.
Walker

Post by Walker »

The Art of Peace functions everywhere on earth, in realms ranging from the vastness of space down to the tiniest plants and animals. The life force is all pervasive and its strength boundless.

The Art of Peace allows us to percieve and tap into that tremendous reserve of universal energy.

- The Art of Peace
Morihei Ueshiba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z99cDfirgE
Walker

Post by Walker »

The essence of the Art of Peace is to cleanse yourself of maliciousness, to get in tune with your environment, and to clear your path of all obstacles and barriers.

- The Art of Peace
Morihei Ueshiba
duszek

Post by duszek »

How about someone malicious putting a piece of manure in your way for you to step in ?

How to remove that kind of obstacle from your live ?

Do you just walk around the manure and try not to think about it or do you take some action against the evil-doer ?
Walker

Post by Walker »

duszek wrote:How about someone malicious putting a piece of manure in your way for you to step in ?

How to remove that kind of obstacle from your live ?

Do you just walk around the manure and try not to think about it or do you take some action against the evil-doer ?
Depends on the circumstances. If one is not speaking the language of the situation, one may as well not speak, because though there are frequencies in the air, they are not heard. Like a forest without an ear.

Good idea for a sculpture. A grove of trees with big ears.

If the manure has dried and stuck to the ground, it may take a running dropkick to dislodge.

Stuck manure can be tenacious, though. May break a toe.

Such is love. Fearless, and it knows no shame.
Walker

Post by Walker »

When life is victorious, there is birth; when it is thwarted, there is death. A warrior is always engaged in a life and death struggle for Peace.

- The Art of Peace
Morihei Ueshiba
Walker

Post by Walker »

Opponents confront us continually, but actually there is no opponent there. Enter deeply into an attack and neutralize it as you draw that misdirected force into your own sphere.

Do not stare into the eyes of your opponent: he may mesmerize you. Do not fix your gaze on his sword: he may intimidate you. Do not focus on your opponent at all: he may absorb your energy. The essence of training is to bring your opponent completely into your sphere. Then you can stand where you like.

-The Art of Peace
Morihei Ueshiba
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Without the Truthful reality of the Candy stOre there is no Candy. But still there is the store.

Man, this thread is sooooo deeeeeep!
Walker

Post by Walker »

FlashDangerpants wrote:Without the Truthful reality of the Candy stOre there is no Candy. But still there is the store.

Man, this thread is sooooo deeeeeep!
It's exactly as deep as you, FlashDangerpants.

No more, no less.
HaHaHa

Post by HaHaHa »

Viewing all of human history I can't see any semblance of when peace has been applied or existed. Can somebody here help me locate a time where peace has existed?
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

HaHaHa wrote:Viewing all of human history I can't see any semblance of when peace has been applied or existed. Can somebody here help me locate a time where peace has existed?
Sure. Are you personally at war, at this moment? Well then...
HaHaHa

Post by HaHaHa »

Dalek Prime wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:Viewing all of human history I can't see any semblance of when peace has been applied or existed. Can somebody here help me locate a time where peace has existed?
What do you know about the articulations of class warfare or the war of survival?

There are silent less visible wars around us everyday and they have no shortage of casualties.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

HaHaHa wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:
What do you know about the articulations of class warfare or the war of survival?

There are silent less visible wars around us everyday and they have no shortage of casualties.
Yeah, I know. Your mind was the first casualty.... 'Medic!'
HaHaHa

Post by HaHaHa »

Dalek Prime:

This is not an argument.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

HaHaHa wrote:
Dalek Prime:

This is not an argument.
Oh, you wanted the argument department? Down the hall, second door to your left. (Paraphrase of Monty Python.)