~ Donald Trump - Worst Person of the Year - 2015 ~

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: ~ Donald Trump - Worst Person of the Year - 2015 ~

Post by Walker »

Wake up!

Trump doesn't have the Teleprompter Puppeteer feeding words into his mouth!
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Walker

Post by Walker »

:lol: :lol:

More awesomeness than Vlad!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Walker wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Walker wrote:Hey! I think I could get the hang of this slander and libel crap, though it make a take awhile to get really good at it!

8)

:lol:

You might like to at least try to understand the difference between the two words, before you leap into trying to get the hang of it/
Oh I know all right. I learned the distinction from reading My Life in Court by Louis Nizer when it was hot off the shelf, and of course the fine points were fleshed out in school, but I defer to your vastly superior experience for the mastery of actual practice, Hobbesy.
Thank you.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Walker wrote:Wake up!

Trump doesn't have the Teleprompter Puppeteer feeding words into his mouth!

No teleprompter would allow that shit to be printed. A teleprompter is smarter than Trump.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Make America Hate Again.

Walker

Post by Walker »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Thank you.
Awww. I was just teasing in the spirit of the thread, Hobbes!
Walker

Post by Walker »

Wow! He said the word calculus. This guy knows everything. Just listen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avQKLRGRhPU

Oopsie (how damning)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6ePJXR216c

(unpack the question) :lol:

Big big tell at the end, when he said he didn't just make it up. That's exactly what he did.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

FYI - Just so ya know - NO ONE here clicks to links. That's why no one has responded directly to the links you provided.

If you want to engage into a meaningful conversation, take the responsibility and make a statement.

You can refer to a link or provide the text within a post but links just don't work here.

You're welcome.

Walker

Post by Walker »

Thanks Bill!!!!

I’ll include some germaine quotes to tickle interest.

People are starting to get a notion of what Putin and Assad know in their bones, that if they cross a Trump Red Line, the mountains will tremble.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

I googled Trump red line - think I found the quotes you were looking for:

Donald Trump Crosses Red State Red Line

JAMES JOYNER · SATURDAY, AUGUST 8, 2015 ·

Erick Erickson has disinvited Donald Trump from the RedState Gathering.

What finally pushed him over the edge?

As much as I do personally like Donald Trump, his comment about Megyn Kelly on CNN is a bridge too far for me.

In a CNN interview, Mr. Trump said of Megyn Kelly, “You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes. Blood coming out of her wherever.”
It was not the “blood coming out of her eyes” part that was the problem.

I think there is no way to otherwise interpret Mr. Trump’s comment. In an attempted clarification, Mr. Trump’s team tells me he meant “whatever”, not “where ever.”

I think that is true. And I’ve been very sympathetic to Donald Trump because so many of the people who have led the party astray refuse to even treat him as a legitimate candidate.

But I also think that while Mr. Trump resonates with a lot of people with his bluntness, including me to a degree, there are just real lines of decency a person running for President should not cross.

His comment was inappropriate.
It is unfortunate to have to disinvite him. But I just don’t want someone on stage who gets a hostile question from a lady and his first inclination is to imply it was hormonal. It just was wrong.

I agree that this is an immature, insulting comment coming from a man who’s being taken seriously as a contender for the presidency of the United States.

But this is Donald Trump we’re talking about. He’s made way worse comments about women before—indeed, that was the focus of one of Kelly’s questions at the debate—and doubled down on them in the debate itself.

Vox’s Libby Nelson and WaPo’s Carlos Lozada round up some of the highlights, almost all of which are worse than implying a reporter’s hostile questions are a result of cyclical hormonal fluctuation.

Aside from the fact that Kelly is an attractive, conservative woman and the other targets aren’t, there’s no reason this particular act of douchbaggery trumps the others.

I agree with you, this author, and most other decent Americans. Trump is a huuuuge douchebag.

Thank you for your civil support and in bringing up these quotes to my attention.

Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

All of the modern western democracies seem to have a Trump strutting the political stage and drawing a lot of media attention to themselves. Politics is show business and this is only to be expected in an information age when most people have the attention span of a goldfish. However I find it astonishing that so many people seem to believe that Trump will still be around when the whips start cracking and the game gets serious. The US is in many ways the laughing stock of the world and it's easy for an outsider like me to say "This could only happen in America" but in all honesty I could only say this tongue in cheek. Even in America this cannot happen. It simple beggars belief that a majority of the American body politic could be taken in by this shit to the extent that they'd actually vote for him.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Bill wrote:Thank you for your civil support and in bringing up these quotes to my attention.

You are most welcome!
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

I think a lot of the politically incorrect things Trump said could actually get him elected. What's going to defeat him are not so much the Mexican and Muslim kind of comments but that he can't recognize the the big red line between being thoroughly uninhibited expressing his views and disgustingly obnoxious for any personal reasons he can think of.

No one except putrid brained rednecks - with whom he has much in common - will continue supporting him. When he starts losing support among those who are still compos mentis he will be forced to be less aggravating hoping for a rebound but it'll be too late. Trust rarely returns to its place of origin. It's amazing he can't figure out that he's creating all the conditions to get himself roasted. If Al Bundy were running for President he'd be smarter than that. Not money well spent!