When Will Humanity Become Human?

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

When Will Humanity Become Human?

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

War. Why do we kill?:

Love of country?

Love of Race?

Love of ethnicity?

Unresolved hate?

Instinctive natural make-up?

Need of food, clothing, shelter?

Need for freedom from oppression?

There are many reasons we kill...

America has had the reputation of not only being the leader of the free world but more recently America has had the rap of being violent. Perhaps unnecessarily so.

We are a country of over 300 million people. We are a country that recognizes there are over 300 million firearms in our circulation. Over one firearm per man, woman, and child.

39 Americans die each day from firearms within our country.

We are a country of continuous war. 22 veterans A DAY kill themselves. Over 8,000 per year. Perhaps more, for we really don't document well this statistic.

No matter who we are or where we live, we kill.

We may kill for love, for hate, for need, for religion, for greed, for many other reasons but we still kill.

Despite our technological miracles that make life so much easier, we still kill. No matter what economic or social ring we find ourselves in...we still kill.

Will humans ever evolve, mentally, physically, & emotionally where we don't kill each other? No exceptions. Killing; the death penalty will never come into the equation no matter what our differences. No matter what we need or take.

Will we ever become human to the extent where we do not kill one another?

Hobbes' Choice

Re: When Will Humanity Become Human?

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

War. Why do we kill?:
Because we are human,
Love of country?

Because we are human,
Love of Race?

Because we are human,
Love of ethnicity?

Because we are human,
Unresolved hate?

Because we are human,
Instinctive natural make-up?

Because we are human,
Need of food, clothing, shelter?

Because we are human,
Need for freedom from oppression?

Because we are human,
There are many reasons we kill...

Because we are human,

America has had the reputation of not only being the leader of the free world but more recently America has had the rap of being violent. Perhaps unnecessarily so.

Because we are human,
We are a country of over 300 million people. We are a country that recognizes there are over 300 million firearms in our circulation. Over one firearm per man, woman, and child.

39 Americans die each day from firearms within our country.

Because we are human,
We are a country of continuous war. 22 veterans A DAY kill themselves. Over 8,000 per year. Perhaps more, for we really don't document well this statistic.

Because we are human,

No matter who we are or where we live, we kill.

Because we are human,
We may kill for love, for hate, for need, for religion, for greed, for many other reasons but we still kill.

Because we are human,

Despite our technological miracles that make life so much easier, we still kill. No matter what economic or social ring we find ourselves in...we still kill.

Because we are human,
Will humans ever evolve, mentally, physically, & emotionally where we don't kill each other? No exceptions. Killing; the death penalty will never come into the equation no matter what our differences. No matter what we need or take.

Because we are human,
Will we ever become human to the extent where we do not kill one another?

We Already are human,

We need to learn to put reason before emotion, and Rationality before instinct. Science before religion.
That would be metahuman.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

I appreciate your attempt at understanding this deep philosophical query.

I thank you for stating and re-stating the obvious; we, in fact, are human. WE ALL UNDERSTAND THIS POINT already.

If I may redirect your attention to, what I think, is the questioning core of this thread, it would be:

Will humans ever evolve, mentally, physically, & emotionally where we don't kill each other?
No exceptions. Killing; the death penalty will never come into the equation no matter what our differences. No matter what we need or take.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

From the sound of it you're actually asking 'When will the Yank become human?', as in most of the other Democracies their citizens are not slaughtering themselves in this way. Time you lost the 'cowboy' myth.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

I thank you for stating and re-stating the obvious; we, in fact, are human. WE ALL UNDERSTAND THIS POINT already.

If I may redirect your attention to, what I think, is the questioning core of this thread, it would be:

Will humans ever evolve, mentally, physically, & emotionally where we don't kill each other?
No exceptions. Killing; the death penalty will never come into the equation no matter what our differences. No matter what we need or take.

This is a generic statement only. Nothing to do with the U.S. directly or any other nations.

A complete renunciation of killing would not only be impractical it would also be impossible in the way you describe it. One of the hallmarks of civilization which we haven't yet mastered, is in knowing when and what conditions would justify it. In some cases it's more than justified. Humans can breed so much scum eliminating it is equivalent to taking out the garbage.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Hello,

Can you (anyone reading this) identify a single cause for killing that applies to every human being?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

ROTFUMFHFO.

It seems to have escaped your attention.

What you mean is "When will humans cease to be human.".

You are assuming that it is "MORE" evolved to reach a point where we stop killing. That's a contradiction as evolution works by the differential success in reproduction and survival, and killing is a key part of that process. For this thing you desire to come to fruition by evolution would require that those who kill fail to survive and reproduce. You've already shot yourself in the foot by denying us the death penalty which is one way to affectively stop killers from reproducing. Am I going to fast for you?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Walker wrote:Hello,

Can you (anyone reading this) identify a single cause for killing that applies to every human being?

We all kill to live. Even vegans have to kill vegetables.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Well, I mentioned a few exterior reasons above. There is also the internal nature of man. Our emotions are much quicker than our intellectual function, so there's that. Family, nation, ethnicity, religious beliefs and need; to want something that someone else has.

Shear power. Pure hate. Pride. An inborn criminal nature deeply seeded within mankind. Sex. The list is literally endless.

On the positive side I have one supremely powerful aspect of mankind that stands-out like a direct aspect of god in the form of man: consciousness.

More specifically, self-consciousness.

40 years ago, for a short period of time, I became something different. Dramatically different. Through the dynamic development of consciousness.

If there was a savior for mankind,
over whatever demons that feed off of us, it is self-consciousness.

Self-consciousness for man is godlike.

This is why I openly shit down the throats of past philosophers.

That is why I have had an open disdain for the individuals that have read past philosophers & think that they are educated in the art of philosophy.

Consciousness is the core of living philosophy.

Self-consciousness is RARELY if ever mentioned by any past, long dead philosophers.

Self-consciousness will transform your life.

The practice of developing self-consciousness can bring you to life.

Walker

Post by Walker »

Animals don’t read.

Animals kill animals to live.

Is shitting down throats and openly distaining,
the reason for killing?

The question still stands.

Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Not sure I understand your question or what you are looking for.

Do you have the answer that you want one of us to express or are you asking as a pure query?

Walker

Post by Walker »

Not sure I understand your question or what you are looking for.

Do you have the answer that you want one of us to express or are you asking as a pure query?

You first wrote: "War. Why do we kill?"

Philosophically, if you can distill the query into a single truth, then it becomes possible to rationally address your question.

Thus, the query:

To address this query, is inquiry into the answer of your question.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Walker wrote:Animals don’t read.

the reason for killing?

Yes, as I told you all humans kill to live.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Hobbes wrote:
Walker wrote:Animals don’t read.

the reason for killing?

Yes, as I told you all humans kill to live.
From this simple understanding follows the path of philosophy, which rationally recognizes a clear understanding regarding the cause of war. Once the cause is identified on this path, one can own the identified cause, rather than be enslaved by that cause one has recognized.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

When women are equally respected and revered. That would help restore balance. Men (in general) like war and domination. Men are primarily the ones who kill other humans. As I've said before, men should take a "time out" from imposing their aggressive, barbaric, and primitive thinking... and wear cute little loin cloths while they serve the women for awhile. :-)