When Will Humanity Become Human?

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

SpheresOfBalance

Re: When Will Humanity Become Human?

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

The topic of the thread is actually a deep philosophical query..

No it is not
That you're oblivious, so your response!

Will we ever become human to the extent where we do not kill one another?

Human is what human does.
You don't know your general from your specific.

Ask a better question.
Think more!
SpheresOfBalance

The topic of the thread is actually a deep philosophical query.

It is fine that you don't see this. I post knowing some individual members are unable to understand the essence of a thread.

All is well. No worries.

War. Why do we kill?:

Love of country?

Love of Race?

Love of ethnicity?

Unresolved hate?

Instinctive natural make-up?

Need of food, clothing, shelter?

Need for freedom from oppression?

There are many reasons we kill...

America has had the reputation of not only being the leader of the free world but more recently America has had the rap of being violent. Perhaps unnecessarily so.

We are a country of over 300 million people. We are a country that recognizes there are over 300 million firearms in our circulation. Over one firearm per man, woman, and child.

39 Americans die each day from firearms within our country.

We are a country of continuous war. 22 veterans A DAY kill themselves. Over 8,000 per year. Perhaps more, for we really don't document well this statistic.

No matter who we are or where we live, we kill.

We may kill for love, for hate, for need, for religion, for greed, for many other reasons but we still kill.

Despite our technological miracles that make life so much easier, we still kill. No matter what economic or social ring we find ourselves in...we still kill.

Will humans ever evolve, mentally, physically, & emotionally where we don't kill each other? No exceptions. Killing; the death penalty will never come into the equation no matter what our differences. No matter what we need or take.

Will we ever become human to the extent where we do not kill one another?

FEAR, Bill, FEAR is the answer to your question.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Yes, you are right.

And my country seems to be drowning in fear and hate...

SpheresOfBalance

Yes, you are right.

Yes, it's true, the one percenters running-a-muck with fear, while the masses, bridled by their control, are oblivious. Or so it surely seems to be the case from my perspective.

Happy Holidays Bill! One can still smile, laugh, dance, and sing while on the hot rails to hell! Why? Because they can know the actual truth of things, and revel in it, despite the ignorant that they can't seem to reach. As always, the truth shall set one free!
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Amen! Happy Holidays to you!

Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Yes, you are right.

Human, all too human.
SpheresOfBalance

Hobbes' Choice wrote:

Yes, you are right.

Human, all too human.
ALL TOO FLAWED, 'SOME' HUMANS ARE INSANE WITH FEAR! UNFORTUNATELY, THEY ARE OFTEN THE SOUR CREAM THAT RISES TO THE TOP! THE EXTENT OF THEIR FEAR, THEIR PROPELLANT!
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:

Yes, you are right.

Human, all too human.
ALL TOO FLAWED, 'SOME' HUMANS ARE INSANE WITH FEAR! UNFORTUNATELY, THEY ARE OFTEN THE SOUR CREAM THAT RISES TO THE TOP! THE EXTENT OF THEIR FEAR, THEIR PROPELLANT!
We get it all here, in terms of wooly thinking; pseudo-profound platitudes and overbearing homilies and sweeping claims.
In one day I've read "We're all drowning in fear', alongside "everyone wants to be happy".
Wild generalizations, are basically meaningless.
SpheresOfBalance

Yes, you are right.

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Human, all too human.
We get it all here, in terms of wooly thinking; pseudo-profound platitudes and overbearing homilies and sweeping claims.
In one day I've read "We're all drowning in fear', alongside "everyone wants to be happy".
Yet you say this as if, "Human, all too human," is not more so, which in fact it is! So relative to those words of yours, I'm being more specific. Now be a gent, and instead of fighting with me, expound one way or another so as to be even more specific. Together we may be able to get somewhere. But then maybe not, as it does indeed take at least two to tango, not stepping on one another's feet!
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote: ALL TOO FLAWED, 'SOME' HUMANS ARE INSANE WITH FEAR! UNFORTUNATELY, THEY ARE OFTEN THE SOUR CREAM THAT RISES TO THE TOP! THE EXTENT OF THEIR FEAR, THEIR PROPELLANT!
Yet you say this as if, "Human, all too human," is not more so, which in fact it is! So relative to those words of yours, I'm being more specific. Now be a gent, and instead of fighting with me, expound one way or another so as to be even more specific. Together we may be able to get somewhere. But then maybe not, as it does indeed take at least two to tango, not stepping on one another's feet!
For fuck's sake.
The entire thread is a joke. "When are humans going to be humans"? This can only be responded to with either derision or irony.
Humans are what humans do. When a more mature question is going to be asked, I'll respond without the irony.
On a day when Trump has been stripped of his honorary degree for being a stupid ****, do we respond by denying him humanity, or do we accept what it is to be human and move on from there?
What is this thread about, exactly?
SpheresOfBalance

SpheresOfBalance wrote: ALL TOO FLAWED, 'SOME' HUMANS ARE INSANE WITH FEAR! UNFORTUNATELY, THEY ARE OFTEN THE SOUR CREAM THAT RISES TO THE TOP! THE EXTENT OF THEIR FEAR, THEIR PROPELLANT!
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
For fuck's sake.
The entire thread is a joke.
TO YOU!!! And so you believe that gives you the right to step on it, like those you would wish to eliminate from this forum so they don't step on your words. It's all relative to ones perspective! You really need to understand that.

"When are humans going to be humans"? This can only be responded to with either derision or irony.
Not at all, I fully understand his meaning. Are you familiar with this word?

humane [hyoo-meyn or, often, yoo-]
adjective
1. characterized by tenderness, compassion, and sympathy for people and animals, especially for the suffering or distressed: humane treatment of prisoners.
2. acting in a manner that causes the least harm to people or animals: humane trapping of stray pets.
3. of or relating to humanistic studies. --Dictionary.com--

Well it's root word is HUMAN

Origin of humane
orig. stress variant of human, restricted to above senses from 18th century; cf. germane, german --Dictionary.com--

So humans consider themselves the model of tenderness, compassion, and sympathy! And you didn't know this? So obviously to those that understand this fact, Bill is commenting on the current level of human tenderness, compassion, and sympathy, as if it's sadly lacking, mis-representative of what, in his mind, humans should aspire to become. And I for one concur! Obviously he only speaks of those to which it applies. And in this case they are those that represent the US as leaders, but yet it extends to other countries as well. Don't knock someone until you understand the CORE of their point. For me, at my age, and experience, it was extremely easy to discern.

Humans are what humans do.
Not the point at all! And could you be more vague, ambiguous? A fellow human can walk up to you, shake your hand and give you 100 US dollars, not that they're worth that much in Australia, or they could walk up and slice your throat. The questions are what's the difference between the two, which is the higher road, and how can we maximize it! Because surely the high road is the better road in terms of being humane, which is rooted in humans and can therefore only be represented by humans.

When a more mature question is going to be asked, I'll respond without the irony.
This is simply your way to stroke your ego, as if you're somehow superior, nothing more!

On a day when Trump has been stripped of his honorary degree for being a stupid ****, do we respond by denying him humanity, or do we accept what it is to be human and move on from there?
Fuck no, we fight like hell to discredit the buffoon so as to ensure he doesn't become the next whack job of a US President. ;)

What is this thread about, exactly?
I mentioned it above, so now what say you? What shall it take for us humans to increase our tenderness, compassion, and sympathy, which are some of the things that supposedly set us apart form the rest of the animal kingdom, thus making us even more human? So that we actually live up to our high ideals of what sets us apart?