!!! STOP PRODUCING HUMANS !!!

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Melchior

Re: !!! STOP PRODUCING HUMANS !!!

Post by Melchior »

My country is so poor...our chief export is....bums
David Handeye

Post by David Handeye »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

What country do you live in & what are your eating habits?...um, philosophically speaking.

Attachments
images5.jpg
images5.jpg (23.53 KiB) Viewed 1370 times
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

I haven't reproduced...which is actually the focus of this thread.
Thank God?
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Arising_uk wrote:
Bill Wiltrack wrote:STOP PRODUCING HUMANS !

There's like, 8,000,000,000 - 8 Billion of them on earth right now.

Many of them are starving.
About one in eight, so seven out of eight aren't. Not bad given the numbers, god bless technology. The problem of hunger is not over-population but political economics concerning distribution and resources.
I disagree of course. And GMO is not the answer.

They are depleting and destroying the earth.
'They, they, they' eh! Given you think this then I presume you have little problem with 'them' starving to death as it'd help with this depletion and destruction.
I think that he means that he cares none the less. But you're right it's not they, rather "us."

They have no reason to be here...other than reproducing.
Well, dur!

Given you are a N.American your sheer existence means you consume the resources of approx thirty-five people. Do you think you should do the ethical thing and top-yourself?
Isn't everyone a product of their environment?
US birth rates have been declining for some time now, probably the fluoride.

Technology will continue to make humans less & less needed and less & less desired.
To whom?
To anyone that can see the bigger picture.
WHY in the world would humans be allowed to continue to re-produce!
Because someone needs to pay the pensions, taxes, farm, keep the infrastructure going and wipe our arses when we are enfeebled.
I can see the selflessness in that, surely!
...I, for one, welcome our new digital overlords.[/size]
Do you? I'll take a guess that you mean some kind of digital A.I.

If so, you, as usual, haven't thought it through and are just emoting to satisfy your existential angst.
And maybe he also sees the bigger picture and is truly concerned. One does not necessarily see things from only one perspective.

As such an entity would reproduce exponentially and would have enormous resource and energy requirements, now given it would have no need or little care for the bio-sphere it would probably dig-up most of it to get to the resources it needs to build itself or selves and

why would it care about pollution or re-greening as it would not be affected,
Not necessarily, as some chemistry is highly corrosive.

it/they would likely see the biosphere as a waste of the sun's energy for no good purpose and covet the energy for itself and its needs, so one project could be to completely cover the planet in solar energy collectors, this would also have a bonus effect in that everything underneath would die off as it would be in complete shade which would mean it would get very cold which would be useful for this digital entity as they would produce a lot of heat and would work better in a refrigerated environment. We could get even more far-fetched if we think of this entity capable of true nanotechnology as then it could reconfigure matter into 'smart-matter' upon which it could run itself and why would it not convert the whole planet into such stuff? As what use dirt and rocks to it when they could have a 'smart-matter' 'planet' cooled in the vacuum and open to the full force of the sun's rays. You can pretty much kiss the Earth goodbye if your 'lords' appear.
Definitely a dark image from the human perspective, thank god it's only Bill's fiction. Of course I think he had a different perspective in mind. And that's the beauty of fiction, any particular author can steer it in any way it suits them.