!!! STOP PRODUCING HUMANS !!!

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

!!! STOP PRODUCING HUMANS !!!

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

STOP PRODUCING HUMANS !

There's like, 8,000,000,000 - 8 Billion of them on earth right now.

Many of them are starving.

They are depleting and destroying the earth.

They have no reason to be here...other than reproducing.

Technology will continue to make humans less & less needed and less & less desired.

WHY in the world would humans be allowed to continue to re-produce!

...I, for one, welcome our new digital overlords.

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: !!! STOP PRODUCING HUMANS !!!

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Apparently there are 210 billion mice. So where are they all? I never see any. :lol:
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:STOP PRODUCING HUMANS !

There's like, 8,000,000,000 - 8 Billion of them on earth right now.

Many of them are starving.
About one in eight, so seven out of eight aren't. Not bad given the numbers, god bless technology. The problem of hunger is not over-population but political economics concerning distribution and resources.
They are depleting and destroying the earth.
'They, they, they' eh! Given you think this then I presume you have little problem with 'them' starving to death as it'd help with this depletion and destruction.
They have no reason to be here...other than reproducing.
Well, dur!

Given you are a N.American your sheer existence means you consume the resources of approx thirty-five people. Do you think you should do the ethical thing and top-yourself?
Technology will continue to make humans less & less needed and less & less desired.
To whom?
WHY in the world would humans be allowed to continue to re-produce!
Because someone needs to pay the pensions, taxes, farm, keep the infrastructure going and wipe our arses when we are enfeebled.
...I, for one, welcome our new digital overlords.[/size]
Do you? I'll take a guess that you mean some kind of digital A.I.

If so, you, as usual, haven't thought it through and are just emoting to satisfy your existential angst. As such an entity would reproduce exponentially and would have enormous resource and energy requirements, now given it would have no need or little care for the bio-sphere it would probably dig-up most of it to get to the resources it needs to build itself or selves and why would it care about pollution or re-greening as it would not be affected, it/they would likely see the biosphere as a waste of the sun's energy for no good purpose and covet the energy for itself and its needs, so one project could be to completely cover the planet in solar energy collectors, this would also have a bonus effect in that everything underneath would die off as it would be in complete shade which would mean it would get very cold which would be useful for this digital entity as they would produce a lot of heat and would work better in a refrigerated environment. We could get even more far-fetched if we think of this entity capable of true nanotechnology as then it could reconfigure matter into 'smart-matter' upon which it could run itself and why would it not convert the whole planet into such stuff? As what use dirt and rocks to it when they could have a 'smart-matter' 'planet' cooled in the vacuum and open to the full force of the sun's rays. You can pretty much kiss the Earth goodbye if your 'lords' appear.
vegetariantaxidermy

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

That's a rat.

Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

tbieter

Post by tbieter »

In Dicken's A Christmas Carol, Mr. Scrooge declines to make a charitable contribution to benefit the poor and refers favorably to a consequent decrease "in the surplus population."

I'll bet that Bill said "no" to the Salvation Army each time during the past month lest he perpetuate the overpopulation.

Bill is a liberal.
http://www.amazon.com/Who-Really-Cares- ... ble+giving

'We all know we should give to charity, but who really does? In his controversial study of America’s giving habits, Arthur C. Brooks shatters stereotypes about charity in America-including the myth that the political Left is more compassionate than the Right. Brooks, a preeminent public policy expert, spent years researching giving trends in America, and even he was surprised by what he found. In Who Really Cares, he identifies the forces behind American charity: strong families, church attendance, earning one’s own income (as opposed to receiving welfare), and the belief that individuals-not government-offer the best solution to social ills. But beyond just showing us who the givers and non-givers in America really are today, Brooks shows that giving is crucial to our economic prosperity, as well as to our happiness, health, and our ability to govern ourselves as a free people."
vegetariantaxidermy

tbieter wrote:In Dicken's A Christmas Carol, Mr. Scrooge declines to make a charitable contribution to benefit the poor and refers favorably to a consequent decrease "in the surplus population."

I'll bet that Bill said "no" to the Salvation Army each time during the past month lest he perpetuate the overpopulation.

Bill is a liberal.
http://www.amazon.com/Who-Really-Cares- ... ble+giving

'We all know we should give to charity, but who really does? In his controversial study of America’s giving habits, Arthur C. Brooks shatters stereotypes about charity in America-including the myth that the political Left is more compassionate than the Right. Brooks, a preeminent public policy expert, spent years researching giving trends in America, and even he was surprised by what he found. In Who Really Cares, he identifies the forces behind American charity: strong families, church attendance, earning one’s own income (as opposed to receiving welfare), and the belief that individuals-not government-offer the best solution to social ills. But beyond just showing us who the givers and non-givers in America really are today, Brooks shows that giving is crucial to our economic prosperity, as well as to our happiness, health, and our ability to govern ourselves as a free people."
'The Salvation Army'?? Only a moron gives to that. It has billions. It doesn't have to pay taxes. It's an evangelical christian organisation that uses chunks of its money for political lobbying for things like anti-same-sex marriage and the numerous other things that christians like to be 'anti'. I wouldn't give to any christian 'charity'. Self-serving and greedy the lot of them.
uwot

Post by uwot »

tbieter wrote:'We all know we should give to charity, but who really does? In his controversial study of America’s giving habits, Arthur C. Brooks shatters stereotypes about charity in America-including the myth that the political Left is more compassionate than the Right. Brooks, a preeminent public policy expert, spent years researching giving trends in America, and even he was surprised by what he found. In Who Really Cares, he identifies the forces behind American charity: strong families, church attendance,
In Europe we are more inclined to believe that good health care, education, social services, investment in infrastructure as well as a minimum standard of living are things that we can provide all our citizens, by each contributing a proportion of our wealth to the common good. We call it tax. Curiously, it is precisely the people you claim are most generous with charitable donations who are the least keen on taxes. Do you, or the author of the book you are promoting, have any evidence to show that the amount given to charities by church attendees from strong families is commensurate with the tax that right wing government saves them?
tbieter wrote:earning one’s own income (as opposed to receiving welfare),
Should we be surprised that people who live on welfare give less to charity than those that don't?
tbieter wrote:and the belief that individuals-not government-offer the best solution to social ills. But beyond just showing us who the givers and non-givers in America really are today, Brooks shows that giving is crucial to our economic prosperity, as well as to our happiness, health, and our ability to govern ourselves as a free people."
I'm sure he makes his case. Does he advocate any action other than just handing money over to charities?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Agreed...

I give, but usually when I give, I give directly to an individual.

If you knew me, knew what I have done, you would have never brought-up any possibility of my lack of giving.

Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Japan suffers lowest number of births on record as population shrinks

Japan’s estimated number of newborn babies last year fell to 1.001 million, the lowest figure on record, further contributing to the ageing and shrinking of the country’s population, official data showed Thursday.

The number marked an all-time low for the fourth straight year, the health, labour and welfare ministry said, while the estimated number of people who died in 2014 totalled 1.269 million, rising for the fifth straight year.

The number of newborn babies could fall below 1 million in revised data that will be released later because of an anticipated margin of error of 1000, local reports said.

A further drop in the number of children is inevitable as “the number of reproductive-age women is on the decline,” an official at the ministry said, Kyodo News reported.

Japan’s ageing population is a headache for policymakers who are faced with trying to ensure an ever-dwindling pool of workers can pay for the growing number of pensioners.

Government data released in April showed Japan’s population shrank for the third year running, with the elderly making up a quarter of the total for the first time.

The proportion of people aged 65 or over is forecast to reach nearly 40% of the population in 2060, the government has warned.

...I believe Japan is moving in the right direction...

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:...I believe Japan is moving in the right direction...[/size].
What? As a dying culture and extra living space for the Chinese?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

YES...Less people, more space. More balance. Koyaanisqatsi

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:.

YES...Less people, more space. More balance. .
Says the N.American whose existence consumes 35 peoples lives.

You have a tawdry view of Humanity. There's a whole Solar System to fill and then a humungous Galaxy and an apparently infinite Universe. If we can't make it then there are Dyson Spheres or Clouds. It's political economics that restricts us not technology.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

...fill with what?...the emptiness inside of us?