Consequence of corruption

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

dattaswami

Consequence of corruption

Post by dattaswami »

HORRIFIC CONSEQUENCES OF CORRUPTION AND ITS FUNDAMENTAL SOLUTION

Shri Ajay:Today corruption has affected every walk of life. Corrupt people include politicians, officials, businessmen, doctors, teachers and even judges! What will be the fate of such souls?

Shri Swami: The money of the public is the wealth of the public, and it should be spent for the public alone, giving priority to the poor. Public money is very sacred and should not be enjoyed personally by any (well-to-do) person, unless he or she is extremely poor and is dying for want of food. In order to save one’s life, one might be forced to commit a sin.

In that case, the sin is not a sin at all. Apart from this extreme condition, any attempt to steal public money for the enjoyment of oneself or one’s family, is the greatest sin. If one has already been blessed by God with a livelihood, he or she should look upon public money as excrement. Nobody likes to even look at excrement. There is no chance that anyone would want to eat excrement and always live in it! Therefore, everybody whose minimum needs are satisfied should see the public money like excrement. Nobody should even look at public money, what to speak of the thought of enjoying it! Anybody who is involved in corruption involving public money, will be born as a pig eating excrement. More serious cases of corruption involving public money leads to the birth of worms that live in the excreta itself.

You might argue that the eating of excreta by pigs and worms need not be considered as punishment because the pigs and worms enjoy the excreta like a human being enjoying a good feast. Their ignorance of their previous human births, enable those souls to enjoy the excrement like a human being enjoying delicious food. Excreta for the pig would be just like a delicious meal for an ordinary hungry person, as long as ignorance of the previous (human) birth masks the soul of the pig. This argument is correct if the pig is actually unaware of its previous birth. But the actual fact is totally different. The pig or the worm eating the excrement is always given the memory of the previous birth by the will of God. So the soul realizes the difference between delicious food and the wretched excrement and is deeply pained.

It is full of repentance, being forced by the power of God to eat the excrement continuously along with the constant memory of its previous birth. This mental torture brings some realization in the soul at least after some births. It brings a powerful change in the soul. Thus the punishment is only to bring that significant change in the soul and not to take revenge against the soul for its sin. The punishment involves a lot of hidden internal techniques that are meant only for the transformation of the soul. The pusnishment is not at all for the sake of revenge. This horrible punishment is considered to be at the climax of the list of punishments. The soul subjected to this terrible punishment is almost sure not to return to the human birth again.

Horrifying Vision Given By Lord Datta

Swami: The question asked by you was exactly expressed by Me to Lord Dattatreya about ten years back. The Lord gave the above reply, which is presented here word by word. The Lord also showed Me a vision of such births, in which He showed the corrupt people on the left side and their souls becoming pigs and worms eating and dwelling in excrement on the right side. I was so repulsed and sickened by that ghastly vision that I suffered with an illness for a long time. It was just like an allergic reaction towards that scene. The illness became so serious, increasing day by day that I thought that My death was very near. That wretched vision came to My mind again and again. Finally, through several prayers, I prayed to the Lord for His protection. The Lord appeared and touched Me with both hands from top to bottom smiling and saying “As the question, so the answer”. The Lord said that His knowledge is always characterized by the foremost quality called as truth as told in the Veda (Satyam, Jnanam...). The truth cannot be altered since it is harsh. I had not revealed this topic sofar since I did not want to harm the health of anyone. But, the Lord is forcing Me from inside to reveal the truth as revealed by Him to Me in the past.

Since I cannot resist the force of the Lord, I am revealing it to you now. The Lord also explains the reason for His force. The Lord says that the reason is that today the corruption for the sake of earning money has spread to almost every atom within creation. In fact, even you asked this question to Me by His will alone. We both are like the two sides of a drum that are alternately beaten by the two hands of the Lord. Today, you made Me expose the highest secret that I had kept hidden sofar. The Lord also asks Me that this message be translated into every language of the world and a printout of this message should be displayed on the notice board of the office of every public servant from topmost to the bottommost level. If anybody feels allergic (disgusted towards this repulsive concept), I advise them to take anti-allergic medicines immediately! I am extremely sorry for revealing this truth and I seek an apology from everybody.

Shri Ajay asked: If the sin of corruption has already been committed, how can it be rectified? Will sincere repentance and avoiding the repetition of the sin, cancel the sin totally? You had mentioned previously that God is giving this divine offer to mankind during kali yuga.

Shri Swami Replied: Repentance followed by non-repetition of the sin certainly cancels the sin as per the divine offer given by God in this kali yuga. Remember that this offer did not exist in the previous three yugas. But there is an extra step involved in case of the sin of corruption. There are two types of sins:

Sins in which the rectification of the damage done is impossible: In this type of sin, there is no possibility of rectification of the damage done due to the sin committed in the past. Such sin alone can be cancelled by repentance and subsequent non-repetition. Eg. Ravana killed the bird Jataayu. He obviously cannot bring back the bird to life even after repentance. The damage done in this sin is non-rectifiable. Only in the case of such sins, the sin can be canceled after repentance and non-repetition of the sin in the future. Thus cancellation and reformation of a soul from this type of sin requires only two steps.
Sins in which the damage can be rectified: The sins of the second type are those in which the damage due to the sin committed in the past, can be rectified in the present. In this case, repentance must be followed by the rectification of the damage due to the past sin and the sin should not be repeated in the future. Then alone can the sin be canceled. Thus, it takes three steps to burn this type of sin. E.g. Ravana kidnapped Sita. The cancellation of this type of sin requires three steps. The first step is sincere repentance. The second step is returning Sita to her husband Rama and the third step is not repeating such a sin in the future.

Now corruption invovlving public money belongs to this second type of sins. You must return the money that you earned through corruption, to the same person from whom you took it. This is what the Gita says (Tairdattanapradaayaibhyo... Gita). The Veda adds that while returning the money, you must analyse carefully; you should not simply and blindly return the money (Samvidaa deyam). This means that if the person from whom you took the money is rich and bad, you need not blindly return the money to him, just to maintain the general norms of accounting. Instead you should spend that money for the sake of good and poor people. A bad but poor person can be helped in terms of materials like food, clothes, medicines and shelter; but not in terms of cash, since he can easily misuse it.

Another situation of analysis is that, suppose you are not taking the money from a bad rich fellow by corruption, some other officer may take the same amount and use it personally. In such case, it is better that you should take the money through corruption and spend it in the above said right way. All this can be known only by the special knowledge called 'Samvit'. Don't donate the sinful money to the persons, who are already corrupt. You should donate this sinful money to good people only, who can spend that money in the proper way. Otherwise, if the returned money is misused by the undeserving persons, the sin will not leave you. You must take the responsibility in returning the sinful money for good cause and cannot leave the responsibility to others, who may misuse. You have to take all the pains in relinquishing your responsibility in proper way since the sin is done personally by you only.

The first hymn of the first Eeshavaasya Upanishat of the first Rugveda says that you should not steal other's money, which speaks about the corruption only. By this, you can understand the importance given by the Veda to this most serious sin. It also says that you should enjoy the money associated with sacrifice to deserving receivers (Tenatyaktena...). The Veda also says that sacrifice of money alone is the practical philosophy that leads you to God (Dhanena Tyagena). In the Gita, the Lord says everywhere that you should sacrifice the fruit of your work to Him.

The essence of all these statement of scriptures is that i) you should avoid the corruption of money everywhere and prevent yourself in doing the sin. ii) If you have already committed the sin, rectification of the sin by returning it as said above should be done.

iii) You should return the money to angels given by them to you (the Gita). This means that the angels are none but good people in this world. It means that you should never steal the money of a good person especially if he is poor. iv) When you donate to God, it should be the fruit of your hard work, which is the most pious money to be given to the most pious God. At least, it can be the money given by your parents (Madhyamam Pituraarjitam). v) Donating money to the angels means donating the money to the devotees doing divine work of propagating the right spiritual knowledge so that the entire society gets rectified. This can be the already earned sinful money also since it is going to be spent for the rectification of the society only and the sinful money was collected from the society only.

All these points constitute the steps of sharp analysis, which are necessary before you decide your action as said in the Gita (Jnaatvaa kurvita). Rectification of the past sin is very complicated and sharp analysis is a must before taking decisions resulting in actions. Errors in such rectification will lead you to further sin. The basic concept in the donation of your hard earned money or paternal money or earned sinful money is that the donation should be done to the deserving receiver only and not to undeserving receiver. Not donating to deserving receivers and donating to undeserving receivers – both are serious sins as said in the Mahabharata. Your analysis should be based on this fundamental point. Shriyantra means correct plan of the sacrifice of money, which alone leads you to heaven in Pravrutti or to God in Nivrutti. This is the real interpretation of the worship of Shriyantra. Ignorant people worship Shriyantra to earn more money even through unlawful ways!

Real Side of Secularism

Shri Ajay asked: What is the reason for such rapid expansion of corruption and what is the fundamental treatment for this?

Shri Swami Replied: In Kaliyuga, especially in the modern times, the corruption is spread everywhere and even the controlling agencies like Police, courts, etc., are also becoming corrupt. The basic reason for this chaos is that there is no inbuilt resistance to the sin in every citizen to be founded from the childhood through the education system. In the ancient days of Kaliyuga itself, the education system introduced by the Government (king or monarchy) contained lot of spiritual knowledge based on the concept of God, Heaven, hell, etc. Due to this inbuilt resistance, every citizen feared for God and hell to do the sin since the punishment from God can never be escaped. The present democratic government, especially in India, is spoiled due to the concept of secularism.

The secularism is misunderstood as atheism so that no religion is favoured. It is actually strong theism favouring all the religions. Secularism means the universal spiritual knowledge present in all the religions. Secularism means taking the same medicine existing in different coloured bottles in small quantities from each bottle. But, today, the misunderstood secularism is not to take the medicine from any bottle! The government following a specific religion as conservative is far better than such misunderstood secularism. Such conservative government maintains a single coloured bottle only containing the medicine. At least, it takes the medicine from that single bottle. Corruption in such countries having conservative governments is found at very minimum level.

Today, moral classes are introduced in the education system to very little extent. Morals are taught without the basic concept of God, Heaven and hell. Nobody likes to follow the morals if there is a chance to fool the courts. Morals are followed only for the fear of court punishments. If such punishments can be escaped by over intelligence, there is no loss at all in doing the sin and in such case also if the sin is not done it is mere foolishness! Instead, the concept of God as omniscient and the inevitable hell will control anybody to do the sin because over intelligence fails in the case of God. The ancient kings were very clever in developing the spiritual knowledge to large extent in the education system for creating the inbuilt resistance to the sin in every citizen from the childhood.

Due to this, the sin became very rare and the controlling agencies were very few resulting in very smooth administration. In a large kingdom, there used to be a single court (Dharmasanam) in presence of the king since only very few cases of sin used to come from the entire kingdom. The police departments were almost non-existent. The reason was everybody feared to do the sin fearing for the omniscient and omnipotent God because even if you escape the court, you can never escape God. Therefore, the lack of place for spiritual knowledge in the education system is the main reason for such expansion of corruption. A specific course called philosophy exists, which can be taken by anybody if interested and we find very very few students only in such course! This is not correct.

The philosophy or spiritual knowledge should be common to every student from L.K.G. to P.G. level since every citizen needs the inbuilt resistance to the sin. Introduction of the spiritual knowledge in the education system alone can bring a permanent solution, which is the fundamental rectification. People misunderstand that spiritual knowledge is limited to nivrutti (God & devotion etc.), which is the second part only. The first part of the spiritual knowledge is actually the pravrutti (social justice). You must remember that the Lord said in the Gita that He comes down to earth to establish pravrutti only (dharmasamsthaapanaarthaaya …).