Massive Mass Reparations for African-Americans

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

DPMartin

Re: Massive Mass Reparations for African-Americans

Post by DPMartin »

you bone heads are being played, just look you're yapping about something that pretty much has been history for over 150 years in the free world.

don't you know if i make you think i'm a victim, then i'm in the right.

do you know of anyone being a slave legally for the past 50 years? then where's the victim?
ReverendGrandmother

Post by ReverendGrandmother »

DPMartin wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:08 pm you bone heads are being played, just look you're yapping about something that pretty much has been history for over 150 years in the free world.
You must be rather young.

As for me, I was alive when some people who were slaves before the Civil War were alive.

I know grandchildren of people who were slaves - and they could tell you some rather unsettling stories.

This is not some kind of ancient history.

Cheers,
Grandma
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

The idea of reparations is wrong. My ancestors were exploited by the same aristocrats that most people were.
It would make more sense to make strenuous efforts to ensure absolute equality of opportunity for all, rather then make payoffs to further the arbitrary divisions between different interest groups within society.
Wherever you are from the real issue is about CLASS, and there is no point pretending that this is not the case.
What is needed is more integration and less multiculturalism. More opporunities for all and less obsessing about diversity.
The establishment are good at divide and rule, and the discssion about reparations is held out like a carrott to further divide working people.
Walker

Post by Walker »

There's a new plantation for the Democrats now.
Chinese slaves.
Corporations are getting fat off their blood.
Reparations for Chinese slaves in China?

Why not. Print up another couple more trillion $.
Give it to the Chinese government to distribute.

Biden has said Mr. Chinese President "gets it."
He probably does get it, according to Biden's standards.

Tough to compete with slave pricing.