Boredom and Isolation

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Eodnhoj7

Boredom and Isolation

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Boredom and isolation forces one to face their own demons. In the stillness one must look deep inside and see what is really there. Silence purifies.
Veritas Aequitas

Re: Boredom and Isolation

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Yes, demons [a range of types] will creep up within people who are in boredom and isolation naturally.

The main reasons why demons surfaces is due to lack of impulse controls on what is inherent and natural.

It is not in the stillness that one must search which could make it worse if one do not have a solution to deal when more demons are triggered.

The right thing to do is to understand the brain/mind and that is very natural for demons and evil thoughts to emerge. In addition one need to understand the mechanisms within the brain how this happen.

Thus a matured person will artificially rely on impulse control to manage the natural potential for demons to emerge from the depths of one's brain.

This is how Buddhists and others relied on meditation and other mental development to strengthen's one impulse control to nip any demonic impulses at the bed to ensure they do no bother one's normal waking consciousness.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

It also helps to practice/strengthen: loving as much as you can from wherever you are.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Introverts are not so bored as extroverts are when isolated.

Introverts aren’t necessarily uncomfortable when they’re alone with their thoughts.

Extroverts may have to rely on conversations with others to stave off the demons.

It can be said that isolation is a friend to the introvert and a boogeyman to the extrovert.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

commonsense wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 12:22 am Introverts are not so bored as extroverts are when isolated.

Introverts aren’t necessarily uncomfortable when they’re alone with their thoughts.

Extroverts may have to rely on conversations with others to stave off the demons.

It can be said that isolation is a friend to the introvert and a boogeyman to the extrovert.
True. Extroverts love the sound of their own voice and need to be the centre of attention. Poor dears. No wonder all those 'celebrities' are going nuts :lol:
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Isolation doesn't have to be boring. There are plenty bored people who aren't isolated.
Luxin

deleted 477

Post by Luxin »

deleted 477
Last edited by Luxin on Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Dubious wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 1:58 am Isolation doesn't have to be boring. There are plenty bored people who aren't isolated.
More to the point, there are isolated people who aren’t bored.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

commonsense wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:56 pm
Dubious wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 1:58 am Isolation doesn't have to be boring. There are plenty bored people who aren't isolated.
That was the meaning of Isolation doesn't have to be boring.

The converse of that would be There are plenty bored people who aren't isolated.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Dubious wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:09 pm
commonsense wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:56 pm
That was the meaning of Isolation doesn't have to be boring.

The converse of that would be There are plenty bored people who aren't isolated.
Got it. Thanks.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:54 pm Boredom and isolation forces one to face their own demons. In the stillness one must look deep inside and see what is really there. Silence purifies.
Silence is the true answer to every question... for the one who questions does not exist.
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:54 pm Boredom and isolation forces one to face their own demons. In the stillness one must look deep inside and see what is really there. Silence purifies.
Silence of itself is an amazing attribute.

I wrote a poem about it after I first seriously encountered The Silence.

Part of the poem states.

"What have we started? The fire's burning! The broken hearted...forgotten...but still yearning..."

This, in relation to personal experience of finding myself in "A nightmare of a world" which "broke my heart"

...and what was I left with to work with?
  • "Take me to the river 'though I shiver in the winter cold - Who will hold my head for me? Who will reach into my soul? Who would dare to care enough to help me tear away this wall? Who but silence answers me?

Who but silence answers me!

And The Silence say's it all!"
Capitalizing "The Silence" personifies it. It becomes the "inner voice" which others cannot hear (so it is silent to the senses of others) but I can hear it and can say that there is indeed some type of 'purifying' which occurs with the proces of listening to it - paying attention to it etc...

Of course, one has to do so with in mind not to let the voice asking the questions shout over the voice trying to respond in answers...so a fine line balancing act is learned and performed which becomes a kind of dance between the conscious voice [asking the question because it does not know the answer] and the subconscious respondent voice supplying answers to said questions, all within in the silence [others cannot hear] of ones own 'head-space' [a vast place indeed even if seemingly mostly empty]

Explaining the process helps expand on the 'guru-speak' as it gives rise to the possibility of others trying things out for themselves rather than depending upon external mediums.

First port of call in said process is to figure out whether one can trust one's own internal dialogue or if Bob Dylans "Preacher" [The Man In The Long Black Coat] is being truthful when stating;
  • "Every man's conscience is vile and depraved
    You cannot depend on it to be your guide
    When it's you who must keep it satisfied"