Boredom and Isolation

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 5883
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Boredom and Isolation

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:54 pm

Boredom and isolation forces one to face their own demons. In the stillness one must look deep inside and see what is really there. Silence purifies.

Veritas Aequitas
Posts: 3768
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:41 am

Re: Boredom and Isolation

Post by Veritas Aequitas » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:20 am

Yes, demons [a range of types] will creep up within people who are in boredom and isolation naturally.

The main reasons why demons surfaces is due to lack of impulse controls on what is inherent and natural.

It is not in the stillness that one must search which could make it worse if one do not have a solution to deal when more demons are triggered.

The right thing to do is to understand the brain/mind and that is very natural for demons and evil thoughts to emerge. In addition one need to understand the mechanisms within the brain how this happen.

Thus a matured person will artificially rely on impulse control to manage the natural potential for demons to emerge from the depths of one's brain.

This is how Buddhists and others relied on meditation and other mental development to strengthen's one impulse control to nip any demonic impulses at the bed to ensure they do no bother one's normal waking consciousness.

User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 3862
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: Boredom and Isolation

Post by Lacewing » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:39 pm

It also helps to practice/strengthen: loving as much as you can from wherever you are.

commonsense
Posts: 1862
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Boredom and Isolation

Post by commonsense » Sun May 10, 2020 12:22 am

Introverts are not so bored as extroverts are when isolated.

Introverts aren’t necessarily uncomfortable when they’re alone with their thoughts.

Extroverts may have to rely on conversations with others to stave off the demons.

It can be said that isolation is a friend to the introvert and a boogeyman to the extrovert.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8942
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Boredom and Isolation

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sun May 10, 2020 1:58 am

commonsense wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 12:22 am
Introverts are not so bored as extroverts are when isolated.

Introverts aren’t necessarily uncomfortable when they’re alone with their thoughts.

Extroverts may have to rely on conversations with others to stave off the demons.

It can be said that isolation is a friend to the introvert and a boogeyman to the extrovert.
True. Extroverts love the sound of their own voice and need to be the centre of attention. Poor dears. No wonder all those 'celebrities' are going nuts :lol:

Dubious
Posts: 2369
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 7:40 am

Re: Boredom and Isolation

Post by Dubious » Sun May 10, 2020 1:58 am

Isolation doesn't have to be boring. There are plenty bored people who aren't isolated.

User avatar
Luxin
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:49 pm

Re: Boredom and Isolation

Post by Luxin » Tue May 26, 2020 4:34 am

Boredom and isolation are concepts of unhappiness in oneself. All unhappiness represents emotional turmoil or inner tension and is the difference between what one should be doing (better for one) and what one is doing (not good for one).

In boredom and isolation there is no stillness for one to enjoy. Stlllness in this context means emotional calm or equanimity (i.e. peace of mind). One cannot magically produce a peaceful state within when one is unhappy; these states are contradictory. One needs to do what one should be doing. Looking at one's demons or weaknesses is not a worthwhile activity; it's OK to know they are there, but the only sane response is to let them be or "show them who's boss". "Get thee behind me, Satan", Christ said. Once one gets constructive, the demons are put in their place and are not an issue until they (our weaknesses) return.

It seems you wish to be superhuman and magically produce peace out of turmoil, and have others believe that nonsense. If you're the one who is bored and isolated (I totally understand the latter), you will not succeed.

"Silence purifies" is a platitude, and a nonsense term designed to impress. You speak as if you really know what you're talking about, like a guru who wants loyal followers to believe your rubbish, and secretly laugh all the way to the bank. The false prophet (there are billions in all walks of life), like Christian clerics, must move their flock of sheep with impressive sounding illogical utterances that the sheep can never understand, and are too much in awe of to question. "If the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch".

There are people (death angels or real "demons") who, not having the power to rise above their evil nature, enjoy brainwashing or confusing others into thinking one's evil or "personal demons" have a power that they alone know how to subjugate, if others are gullible enough to swallow that.

commonsense
Posts: 1862
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Boredom and Isolation

Post by commonsense » Sun May 31, 2020 12:56 pm

Dubious wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 1:58 am
Isolation doesn't have to be boring. There are plenty bored people who aren't isolated.
More to the point, there are isolated people who aren’t bored.

Dubious
Posts: 2369
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 7:40 am

Re: Boredom and Isolation

Post by Dubious » Sun May 31, 2020 10:09 pm

commonsense wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 12:56 pm
Dubious wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 1:58 am
Isolation doesn't have to be boring. There are plenty bored people who aren't isolated.
More to the point, there are isolated people who aren’t bored.
That was the meaning of Isolation doesn't have to be boring.

The converse of that would be There are plenty bored people who aren't isolated.

commonsense
Posts: 1862
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Boredom and Isolation

Post by commonsense » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:00 am

Dubious wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 10:09 pm
commonsense wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 12:56 pm
Dubious wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 1:58 am
Isolation doesn't have to be boring. There are plenty bored people who aren't isolated.
More to the point, there are isolated people who aren’t bored.
That was the meaning of Isolation doesn't have to be boring.

The converse of that would be There are plenty bored people who aren't isolated.
Got it. Thanks.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests