A.I. Generated Art

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

A.I. Generated Art

Post by attofishpi »

www.androcies.com

Some images I just generated using an AI to generate - the below was using King Charles with Skull and Union Jack background - the ears have gone at least!

I used Terminator face, with my web address...but I don't think it (AI) can access most images from websites - likely got hard coded to prevent breaching copyright.
attofishpi

Re: A.I. Generated Art

Post by attofishpi »

www.androcies.com

I typed this prompt for the A.I.:-- "beatles no people living, dystopia, no heaven, john lennon face partial skull, ambient, photographic, moonlit, mauve"

Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Texas, 35000 BC

"This is where the great Polson will give his speech and the world will change for ..." spoke Garta. Nobody was there to ask the appropriate follow-up question because there was nobody there. If I were there I would ask many questions to Garta (not his real name), many, many questions.

He could, if memory serves and I bet it doesn't, anyway, tell man from machine. There were others like him but they were all hunted for their diamond bones ... he was the last of the Mohicans if you know what I mean.

I looked at him - not too tall but not short either; the jawline, remember the jawline, and that nose, what a nose!! I told myself - "we have souls and machines don't, that's how you can tell, right? Right?" I inquired. Garta looked at me, "no, that's not it!" "Then how?" Garta stood up, could he do that?, I'm not sure, but before he left, you wouldn't understand how he left even if you were there with us, he looked up at the stars, hunter's moon it was, and uttered "HOW?"
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

It's the kind of 'art' that only basement dwelling nerd 'gamers' would call 'art'.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:14 am It's the kind of 'art' that only basement dwelling nerd 'gamers' would call 'art'.
And how we cherish our own art, to the point of treasuring it as our very own HE ART

But it's ok to like your own brain farts, that's why they invented stand-in cupboards with doors on.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:14 am It's the kind of 'art' that only basement dwelling nerd 'gamers' would call 'art'.
Peronally, I think there is something very profound and deep about a pile of 'geek' code that has the ability to project human input into an art form. Yes it is art, but is the programmer the artist?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:51 am
Peronally, I think there is something very profound and deep about a pile of 'geek' code that has the ability to project human input into an art form. Yes it is art, but is the programmer the artist?
Yes, the programmer is the artist.

The image is in the artist, but is the artist in the image?

And that is why every image can only be an image of the imageless.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

I feel confident there is art produced by some of these systems that, if you didn't know it was produced by ai, you would not be thinking "only a basement dwelling nerd would call this art"
alan1000

Post by alan1000 »

Yes, it's art. A hundred years ago you could only produce art with paints and a brush. The Italian masters experimented by mixing egg yolks (!) with their paints. Today, instead of linseed oil, lead oxide, and brushes, we use computers and we experiment with algorithms. What's the essential difference?