How can we discuss and convince atheists, who are very adamant in their views?

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Flannel Jesus

Re: How can we discuss and convince atheists, who are very adamant in their views?

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Muslims too I suppose, it would be unfair to suggest it's only Christians.
attofishpi

Re: How can we discuss and convince atheists, who are very adamant in their views?

Post by attofishpi »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:10 am Muslims too I suppose, it would be unfair to suggest it's only Christians.
Well it's clear to me that you are listening to the wrong "Muslims" and "Christians" since (at least on the Christian account) they have misinterpretted scripture.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:11 am
Flannel Jesus wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:10 am Muslims too I suppose, it would be unfair to suggest it's only Christians.
Well it's clear to me that you are listening to the wrong "Muslims" and "Christians" since (at least on the Christian account) they have misinterpretted scripture.
No TRUE scottsman would believe those things!

Btw the Qur'an apparently says some much more explicit things about hell than the Christian scriptures. So if I'm listening to the wrong Muslims, I don't know that there are right ones...
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:42 am
popeye1945 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:37 am Would you like to swing on star, and carry moonbeams home in a jar, or would you rather be an atheist!
The only way I could be an atheist is to convince myself that "God" is an artificial intelligence and that we truly are in some sort of simulation. :wink:
Then you don't understand biology or the human condition and have little to nothing to do with critical thinking. wink!

t
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

popeye1945 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:25 am
popeye1945 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:37 am Would you like to swing on star, and carry moonbeams home in a jar, or would you rather be an atheist!
The only way I could be an atheist is to convince myself that "God" is an artificial intelligence and that we truly are in some sort of simulation. :wink:
Then you don't understand biology or the human condition and have little to nothing to do with critical thinking. wink!
Poppy, do explain your rationale to that statement.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:41 am

The only way I could be an atheist is to convince myself that "God" is an artificial intelligence and that we truly are in some sort of simulation. : wink:
attofishpi,

Well, I am assuming when you think of your personal God you think of an anthropomorphic God that is all good and loving, a good father figure, no? Why would a loving god create the situation we have here on earth, where life lives upon life, big fish eats little fish or in symbolic terms, the snake consuming its own tail and called the uroboros. That I think is a Greek symbol, I am sure other cultures have their own symbology for it. For the most part people are out of touch with the reality of nature and do not recognize the reality on their dinner plates. It is just a very harsh reality, in such a reality the ignorant are much happier in their ignorance, they believe because they are more or less at the head of the food chain that they are of a special works. I had the opportunity to enlighten some born-again Christian friends of mine of this, which they somehow allowed it to drift off into the outer ether--lol!!

Well, there are different kinds of believers I have found, some take every word of scripture literally even the most absurd outrageous parts of the fantasy and that is direct from the talking snake. When humanity's knowledge of themselves and their world was just about nil, it was more understandable that they might believe nonsense and indeed did. Before the publication of "The Origin of the Species' in 1859 most of the population everywhere were believers, for there was no explanation prior to that of how complexity could possibly arise in the wondrous ways it has. The stagnant waters of scripture found themselves challenged and is still fighting the battle today, especially in the United States where dumber and dumber prevail. As an aside, that is why the power elite in the States treats the population like cattle because they are.

Many people think religion is where humanity gets its morality from, instead of realizing the religion is a biological extension, an expression of human nature, and its knowledge at the time of its formation. What used to be an oral tradition changed with the times with the printed word they concretized the word, and made it the holy ignorance of another time brought into modernity to govern us. Besides religions of all kinds tends to close the door on wonder, for certainty is their selling point, a never changing selling point, the fact that it is unchanging should tell you it is not natural in a world where change is the only certainty. The floor is yours!
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

popeye1945 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:50 pm

attofishpi,

Well, I am assuming when you think of your personal God you think of an anthropomorphic God that is all good and loving, a good father figure, no? Why would a loving god create the situation we have here on earth, where life lives upon life, big fish eats little fish or in symbolic terms, the snake consuming its own tail and called the uroboros. That I think is a Greek symbol, I am sure other cultures have their own symbology for it. For the most part people are out of touch with the reality of nature and do not recognize the reality on their dinner plates. It is just a very harsh reality, in such a reality the ignorant are much happier in their ignorance, they believe because they are more or less at the head of the food chain that they are of a special works. I had the opportunity to enlighten some born-again Christian friends of mine of this, which they somehow allowed it to drift off into the outer ether--lol!!

Well, there are different kinds of believers I have found, some take every word of scripture literally even the most absurd outrageous parts of the fantasy and that is direct from the talking snake. When humanity's knowledge of themselves and their world was just about nil, it was more understandable that they might believe nonsense and indeed did. Before the publication of "The Origin of the Species' in 1859 most of the population everywhere were believers, for there was no explanation prior to that of how complexity could possibly arise in the wondrous ways it has. The stagnant waters of scripture found themselves challenged and is still fighting the battle today, especially in the United States where dumber and dumber prevail. As an aside, that is why the power elite in the States treats the population like cattle because they are.

Many people think religion is where humanity gets its morality from, instead of realizing the religion is a biological extension, an expression of human nature, and its knowledge at the time of its formation. What used to be an oral tradition changed with the times with the printed word they concretized the word, and made it the holy ignorance of another time brought into modernity to govern us. Besides religions of all kinds tends to close the door on wonder, for certainty is their selling point, a never changing selling point, the fact that it is unchanging should tell you it is not natural in a world where change is the only certainty. The floor is yours!
Poppy, the fact that you think that pile of waffle somehow provides rationale to you condescending to me that I don't understand biology and am unable to think crtically...well, once again you are proving what an idiot you are.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

popeye1945 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:53 am Provide evidence, for any/all the gods.
OK. I hetherto wave my hands about in the air gesturing in every general direction. Thus I've provided you with evidence for Spinoza's God.

Perhaps you don't like that God? OK, I hetherto point at the Sun - it was considered by many to be a solar deity which was usually associatied with power and strength; which isn't entirely incorrect seeming as the sun is Earth's only power/energy source.

Queue the usual apologetics from atheists necessary for maintaining their identity, despite them believing in both Spinoza's God; and the Sun.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:56 pm

attofishpi,

Poppy, the fact that you think that pile of waffle somehow provides rationale to you condescending to me that I don't understand biology and am unable to think crtically...well, once again you are proving what an idiot you are.
Do expand sherlock!
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Skepdick wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:05 pm
popeye1945 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:53 am Provide evidence, for any/all the gods.

OK. I hitherto wave my hands about in the air gesturing in every general direction. Thus I've provided you with evidence for Spinoza's God.

Perhaps you don't like that God? OK, I hetherto point at the Sun - it was considered by many to be a solar deity which was usually associatied with power and strength; which isn't entirely incorrect seeming as the sun is Earth's only power/energy source.

Queue the usual apologetics from atheists necessary for maintaining their identity, despite them believing in both Spinoza's God; and the Sun.
The inference was, I believe in the general belief in the anthropomorphic supernatural god that moderates human destiny. Perhaps a clearer definition of what we are talking about would be helpful.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

popeye1945 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:05 pm

attofishpi,

Do expand sherlock!
Sure. You are a much much bigger idiot than I thought you were at the outset when you joined the forum. *have I expanded enough?

For me to try and explain any contemplation of God to you, would be (from my POV) like trying to explain what I did last Thursday to a caged chimp.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

popeye1945 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:12 pm The inference was, I believe in the general belief in the anthropomorphic supernatural god that moderates human destiny. Perhaps a clearer definition of what we are talking about would be helpful.
So you are moving the goal posts now? You are no longer asking asking us to...
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:53 am
popeye1945 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:05 pm

Do expand sherlock!
Sure. You are a much much bigger idiot than I thought you were at the outset when you joined the forum. *have I expanded enough?

For me to try and explain any contemplation of God to you, would be (from my POV) like trying to explain what I did last Thursday to a caged chimp.
You have satisfied my curiosity about you, I have no more questions or expectations.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Swami why can't u make videos like this? You'd be in boss mode man. Use the same narrator as your other videos. U might even start a Hindu/Indian revolution of thought.

https://youtu.be/PGsHZxx_Xl0

Ever heard an Indian guy read some Tyler Durden lines?
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

^^^ this wuz tight tho @ 9:40

"the 'self' is just an end point to language. for example, if i call u 'john' it's not becuz you are a 'john'... it just means you, for which i have no other words."

I wuz like wait. Bro.