What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Agent Smith

Re: Only atheists deny miracles

Post by Agent Smith »

popeye1945 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:09 am
Agent Smith wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:01 am
popeye1945 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:41 am

Like something enabling the existence of miracles?
No, we would need to do a statistical analysis of miracles When I make what I believe is a new proposal, it's usually the case that someone's already beat me to it. Is this true of this recommendation too?
How can you have a statistical analysis of something unverifiable? I personally know of no claimed miracle that can stand up to scrutiny
Bingo! That's why I said what I said.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Agent Smith wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:50 am
Agent Smith wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:01 am

No, we would need to do a statistical analysis of miracles When I make what I believe is a new proposal, it's usually the case that someone's already beat me to it. Is this true of this recommendation too?
How can you have a statistical analysis of something unverifiable? I personally know of no claimed miracle that can stand up to scrutiny
Mmm..

Is this verifiable? The snickers/or marathon (depending on where u live) chocolate bar that I bought from the shops after again eating from The Tree of Know_Ledge?

Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:12 am
Agent Smith wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:50 am

Mmm..

Is this verifiable? The snickers/or marathon (depending on where u live) chocolate bar that I bought from the shops after again eating from The Tree of Know_Ledge?

Your question doesn't make sense! Anyway, thank god for Google, oui?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Agent Smith wrote:Your question doesn't make sense! Anyway, thank god for Google, oui?
What doesn't make sense? Are you able to verify the packet of a snickers bar that has the word FOOLISH on it (purchased from a shop after I foolishly ate from the Tree of Know_Ledge again) - is that a miracle?

What's google got to do with it?
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:37 pm
Agent Smith wrote:Your question doesn't make sense! Anyway, thank god for Google, oui?
What doesn't make sense? Are you able to verify the packet of a snickers bar that has the word FOOLISH on it (purchased from a shop after I foolishly ate from the Tree of Know_Ledge again) - is that a miracle?

Yeah, we can verify your snickers bar claim and the same goes for miracles as well. And?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Agent Smith wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:42 am

Yeah, we can verify your snickers bar claim and the same goes for miracles as well. And?
And what? I'm pretty much done with bothering with atheists Y the fuck should I care!? 8)
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:48 am

And what? I'm pretty much done with bothering with atheists Y the fuck should I care!? 8)
You don't care? Atheists vs. Theists? Odd!

Only atheists deny miracles. That's the title of the thread.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Agent Smith wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:02 am

So what? I didn't create the thread and I no longer am a mere theist, I have gnosis of God.

What do you mean by this:- "Yeah, we can verify your snickers bar claim and the same goes for miracles as well."
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:14 am

So what? I didn't create the thread and I no longer am a mere theist, I have gnosis of God.

What do you mean by this:- "Yeah, we can verify your snickers bar claim and the same goes for miracles as well."
It doesn't matter. It looks like a case of mistaken identity.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:14 am

I'm sure he would 'choose' you as his 'one' :lol:
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Christopher Hitchens wrote:I'll give you all the miracles but you'll still be left exactly where you are now - holding an empty sack.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

The church of DUH!
SAbadshah

Post by SAbadshah »

Miracle is a relative term. Before they had much knowledge, people would frequently use the word. Oh, my (insert random illness) has disappeared. It is a MIRACLE, It's just a way of expressing something you don't understand and don't want to try to.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

SAbadshah wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:32 pm Miracle is a relative term. Before they had much knowledge, people would frequently use the word. Oh, my (insert random illness) has disappeared. It is a MIRACLE, It's just a way of expressing something you don't understand and don't want to try to.
EXCELLENT!
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

SAbadshah wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:32 pm Miracle is a relative term. Before they had much knowledge, people would frequently use the word. Oh, my (insert random illness) has disappeared. It is a MIRACLE, It's just a way of expressing something you don't understand and don't want to try to.
Yes, very nice!

And along those lines, it also seems to be a way of making a bigger deal out of something that's completely natural... often to assign credit to a god or a person.

He performed miracles! No... more likely that the natural connectivity and harmony of the Universe is functioning perfectly in attunement with the energy of those involved, and amplifies whatever vibrations they're generating. :) It's not magic. What's 'magic' is that human beings are able to believe in all kinds of imaginary things despite so much to the contrary -- and magicians and religions and politics make use of this. :lol: