Convincing the atheists...

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Convincing the atheists...

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Where does this 50-50 come from? :lol:

'There's a 50-50 chance that the Sun won't rise tomorrow. Either it will, or it won't.'

'There's a 50-50 chance that there's a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow with a leprechaun dancing around it. Either there is, or there isn't. 50-50'.

Eejit!
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

I can't wrap my head around this: something = nothing!
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Agent Smith wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:53 pm I can't wrap my head around this: something = nothing!
Then don't worry your little brain about it. Just poke a god in there and you are good to go...
dattaswami

Post by dattaswami »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:24 am Where does this 50-50 come from? :lol:

'There's a 50-50 chance that the Sun won't rise tomorrow. Either it will, or it won't.'

'There's a 50-50 chance that there's a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow with a leprechaun dancing around it. Either there is, or there isn't. 50-50'.

Eejit!
Miracles are just fundamental level of elementary schools, which are widely spread everywhere, by the wish of God. Even evil people can do these miracles by black magic. The idea behind such wide covering range of miracles is that these miracles are useful in converting atheists into theists. For such elementary work, human incarnations or professors are not necessary.

The next level is Jnana Yoga, which is the level of high schools. The high schools are lesser in number than elementary schools because only some converted theists start the enquiry about the subject (Jnana Yoga) of the unimaginable God, since His existence was indirectly proved through the unimaginable miracles and He is the source of the unimaginable power behind the miracles.

The next higher level is formation of theoretical love (Bhakti Yoga) or devotion on the Lord since a few of the scholars of God get this and this level is the level of colleges.

The ultimate highest level is practical devotion (Karma Yoga) or service to God, which is the level of University and is very rare since a few of devotees only can become servants of God through practical sacrifice of work and fruit of work. The scientific analysis of divine knowledge (Jnana Yoga) is pervading all the four levels as the basic torchlight. In the first level, the existence of God is accepted. In the second level, the existence of unimaginable God is accepted.

In the third level, the representatives of God like statues in human form are worshipped by words and mind to get rid of ego and jealousy towards human form. In the fourth level, the decision of the final conclusion of the intellectual analysis results in detecting the contemporary human incarnation and involve in a practical service in His mission.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:56 pm
Agent Smith wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:53 pm I can't wrap my head around this: something = nothing!
Then don't worry your little brain about it. Just poke a god in there and you are good to go...
Sound advice, but it's not like I have a choice in the matter. If I worry, I worry.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

The word "conviction" is a soloist.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

I AM GOING TO SMITE YOU! Just my divine temperament----lol!!
nemos

Post by nemos »

Suppose there is a god.
And what, how does that apply to me? At least I can talk to you, even though there is a chance that you are just a bot, but you can't even talk to god, you can only believe in god ...

When you talk to god in your thoughts, it is basically a conversation with yourself. But if, during this inner conversation, god answers you then you should consider whether you are schizophrenic (there is no telling what god might make you do). Besides, if you are only bound to god by faith and not by cooperation, how do you know who is behind this image - as we know the devil has many faces - well god also supposedly has at least 3.

Suppose there are two people waiting for a bus at a bus stop. They both have to get to a very important meeting.
One of them believes in the reliability of public transport, or that god will not allow him to miss this important meeting, and in holy faith waits for the bus.
The other thinks that if I walk out right now, unless there is some kind of foramajor I will definitely be on time, so he is not waiting for a bus but trusting in his own legs.
If the bus arrives on time, the first of them can of course triumph and look pityingly at the second, who incidentally has also got what he wanted because he has come to the meeting.