True Beauty

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: True Beauty

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Phil8659 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:59 am Now I am not even half as smart as Plato was, but I do believe he covered the topic with undeniable proofs.

So, what satisfies me is that a Woman is the most beautiful thing in all of creation
And
That beauty is in the hands of the butt holder.

I live by that.
Ridiculous comments. Humans are pretty hideous when you look at us objectively. Probably on a par with baby birds, blobfish, or old chimps (who have at least the decency to have body hair covering them). Tigers are beautiful. Gorillas are beautiful. Horses are beautiful. There are lots of glorious, beautiful creatures-- but humans ain't one of them.
Besides, when you love something it becomes beautiful. I could have spent all day gazing at my children because in my eyes they were the most beautiful thing in the world. It was almost like being drugged.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

There's not even any thing looking at beauty or ugly.

Beauty and Ugly are concepts known, they are abstract descriptions that have no reality in the real world, they are known but never actually seen.

In other words, no one is beautiful or ugly except an empty projection of one, aka a hologram.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

True beauty is an example of a healthy, let's say ideal example of a given species of object animate or inanimate.
Last edited by popeye1945 on Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

The OP's hit the bullseye and I would like to request everybody to join me in applause to celebrate such a momentous occasion in the history of this forum!
vegetariantaxidermy

How would Americans understand anything about this? They are obsessed with 'tits' (the bigger the better) and (what they call) 'asses'/'butts' (the bigger the better). How very subtle and sophisticated :roll: Just look at the freaks Hollywood churns out to satisfy some warped, freakish, cartoon idea of 'beauty'. How can anyone act effectively when they can't even move their face?
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:16 pm How would Americans understand anything about this? They are obsessed with 'tits' (the bigger the better) and (what they call) 'asses'/'butts' (the bigger the better). How very subtle and sophisticated :roll: Just look at the freaks Hollywood churns out to satisfy some warped, freakish, cartoon idea of 'beauty'. How can anyone act effectively when they can't even move their face?
At your age you should know better than to confuse Hollywoodland with 'Merica. Wienstein did, and look what happened to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D9mDHPY0RA
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:42 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:16 pm How would Americans understand anything about this? They are obsessed with 'tits' (the bigger the better) and (what they call) 'asses'/'butts' (the bigger the better). How very subtle and sophisticated :roll: Just look at the freaks Hollywood churns out to satisfy some warped, freakish, cartoon idea of 'beauty'. How can anyone act effectively when they can't even move their face?
At your age you should know better than to confuse Hollywoodland with 'Merica. Wienstein did, and look what happened to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D9mDHPY0RA
You mean Harvey WeenSteen? :lol:

I hated that film btw.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Oy.

i before e, except after c, except when sounded as a, as in neighbor and weigh. Weinstein is yet another exception to ... The Rule! But if the name followed the rule, what a stain, what a stain.

'Mericans celebrate Halloween, and stores offer many way to celebrate by purchasing. All cultures are told that purchasing is necessary for celebration. Celebration requires a bit o' sacrifice, which is why Las Vegas is a sort of Mecca. Anyway, Halloween is the link, Weinstein is the reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyU99BCNRuU
Walker

Post by Walker »

"Where wolf?" "There wolf."
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

As far as I can tell, beauty is truth (vide infra).
John Keats in Ode to a Grecian Urn wrote:Beauty is truth, truth beauty,—that is all Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.
Amazingly simple it is, oui mes amies?
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Beauty is perfection in the qualities of a given object of its class or category, with organisms this would indicate higher degrees of health in structure and form.