Attraction.

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Veganman

Re: Attraction.

Post by Veganman »

Veganman wrote: ↑Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:49 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: ↑Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:06 am Intelligence along with genuine kindness and empathy is probably irresistable to most women.
I've got to say that as a man attracted to the physical beauty of women I could never imagine having a relationship with one who wasn't kind, intelligent and highly empathic ... so I guess I'm not that shallow! πŸ€”

popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Interesting, it certainly isn't an intellectual decision, the strongest impulse of nature the will of the species. Sometimes watching couples for their mutual traits I think there is a balancing going on here. One couple I knew, the girl had rather protruding eyes and her boyfriend had eyes like two piss hole in the snow--balance? I remember reading Schopenhauer and him saying that the intellect is provided by the mother and the character by the father. I compared friends and their parents and really thought in many cases it was true. This is before genetics, I still think there is a little something to it. Physical attraction is of course the utmost thing that brings couples together, an unreal infatuation in which it is hoped that passion will give way in time to compassion but with the divorce rate over the fifty percent mark now it doesn't occur nearly enough. When young people discover the ideal that they married was a delusion, it's off for a fresh start only to be tricked again, it is just another warty farty human being. When I think back upon my failed marriage we were just two very young people with nothing particularly in common but perhaps our mutual emotional retardation, our emotional intellects were on the same level. So, it's definitely NEARLY always physical until one is older and other things weigh into the equation.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Veganman wrote: ↑Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:12 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: ↑Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:06 am Intelligence along with genuine kindness and empathy is probably irresistable to most women.
I've got to say that as a man attracted to the physical beauty of women I could never imagine having a relationship with one who wasn't kind, intelligent and highly empathic ... so I guess I'm not that shallow! πŸ€”

I should have included 'being funny'. Funny men who can make you laugh uncontrollably tend to be irresistable to women, and it's the one thing that seems to make other men feel threatened and jealous for some reason.
Veganman

Post by Veganman »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: ↑Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:53 pm
Veganman wrote: ↑Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:12 pm

I should have included 'being funny'. Funny men who can make you laugh uncontrollably tend to be irresistable to women, and it's the one thing that seems to make other men feel threatened and jealous for some reason.
Hey, and I should have included that I can make a woman laugh, "uncontrollably" ... I just don't think that this is the sort of forum for dick pics! πŸ€”
vegetariantaxidermy

Can a vegan man ever be funny? Or even attractive? They always look so pale and insipid, similar to blank-eyed cult members--and those sandals...
Veganman

Post by Veganman »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: ↑Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:04 pm Can a vegan man ever be funny? Or even attractive? They always look so pale and insipid, similar to blank-eyed cult members--and those sandals...

Nah, you're getting vegan men mixed up with these Charlie Manson hippy types, we're not murderers, carnists are murderers. As for sandals, most vegan men don't wear em, coz it's so hard to find cruelty free ones. Now, as for pale and insipid, you're thinking of vampires, which is a very different creature to a vegan, we're not pale and insipid like them, mainly coz we eat what's grown in the sun, rather than what's been housed in a CAFO ... or extracted from the neck of a virgin! I guess it just goes to show that too much iron just ain't good for the complexion! πŸ€”
vegetariantaxidermy

Veganman wrote: ↑Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:00 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: ↑Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:04 pm Can a vegan man ever be funny? Or even attractive? They always look so pale and insipid, similar to blank-eyed cult members--and those sandals...

Nah, you're getting vegan men mixed up with these Charlie Manson hippy types, we're not murderers, carnists are murderers. As for sandals, most vegan men don't wear em, coz it's so hard to find cruelty free ones. Now, as for pale and insipid, you're thinking of vampires, which is a very different creature to a vegan, we're not pale and insipid like them, mainly coz we eat what's grown in the sun, rather than what's been housed in a CAFO ... or extracted from the neck of a virgin! I guess it just goes to show that too much iron just ain't good for the complexion! πŸ€”

Veganman

Post by Veganman »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: ↑Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:50 am

Great selfie, love the sandals, but personally I'm more of a foot fetish guy than I am into shoes alone ... or sandals for that matter! πŸ€”
Veganman

Post by Veganman »

Veganman wrote: ↑Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:35 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: ↑Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:50 am

Great selfie, although personally I prefer women to be clean shaven ... at least facially. As for the sandals, they're great too, but I'm really more of a foot fetish guy than I am into shoes alone. Thanks for thinking of me though ... appreciate it! 😘
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Veganman wrote: ↑Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:50 pm What aesthetic quality attracted you to your current partner?
The essence of attraction is need, with the sexes the need is built in, as the will of the species you might say. Attraction however is not an intellectual decision, it is preprogrammed. The first bases of sexual attraction is the opposite sex and one's range is as one's possibilities, you learn what you can and can't have mostly on a social scale. Here is a problem for many men, seventy to seventy-five percent of university graduate students are now female, and statistics tell us women do not marry down, they either marry on an equal economic level or above, in other words if they are well off they marry men better off then themselves. So much for romance! So, when one is talking about aesthetics it needs a broader scope, materialism weighs in rather heavily here. I listen to a comedian, Chris Rock doing a routine where he said, only women, children and dogs are loved unconditionally men must provide. Fellows he says, when you get a new girlfriend what do your friends ask you? WHAT DOES SHE LOOK LIKE? Ladies, when you get a new boyfriend, what do your friends ask you? WHAT DOES HE DO, WHAT DOES THIS N---GER DO, that can facilitate a dream? Of course women will almost certainly be attracted to a fine specimen of a male making a low income but, what's love got to do with it? We all know when we see a fine example of the opposite sex and this is due to biology, again not to romantic. For the male, looks are all important, this is pretty superficial on the male side and they have nothing over the female. BUT ROMANCE? Don't you think we should educate the kids growing up as to the realities of the world? A rose by any other name!!
Maia

Post by Maia »

I don't have a current partner, but in terms of what I find attractive in a guy, I think the most important things are honesty and loyalty. A sense of quiet strength, combined with a loving and nurturing character. Intelligence is also important too.

But if the question is about physical attraction, then the most important thing is aroma. Followed by voice. This is before I get to touch them, of course.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Maia wrote: ↑Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:23 am I don't have a current partner, but in terms of what I find attractive in a guy, I think the most important things are honesty and loyalty. A sense of quiet strength, combined with a loving and nurturing character. Intelligence is also important too.

But if the question is about physical attraction, then the most important thing is aroma. Followed by voice. This is before I get to touch them, of course.
Maia,

These generalities are not absolutes but are statistically true, that women do not marry down, but either on the same economic level or higher and of course men are superficial in the sense that the visual is all important. By the way, I smell pretty good, I am honest and loyal, WHAT DO YOU LOOK LIKE--LOL!!
Walker

Post by Walker »

I heard that Clint Walker was a vegetarian.

Post by Age »

Veganman wrote: ↑Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:38 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: ↑Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:25 am
bahman wrote: ↑Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:21 pm
Beautiful face, Big Boobs, etc! :mrgreen:
So if a woman just said 'huge penis' then that wouldn't be shallow at all :roll:
Not at all, I would think it self evident that if a woman said, " huge penis" she wouldn't be shallow. πŸ€”
I shouldn't have laughed, but this was quick and funny.
Walker

Post by Walker »

I heard that Roman gladiators were vegetarian, and they wore sandals. They wouldn't get far in today's army, at least not without some training.