the IQ of colour

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Advocate

the IQ of colour

Post by Advocate »

What is the correlation between intelligence and number of colors someone can name?
Terrapin Station

Re: the IQ of colour

Post by Terrapin Station »

Zero I'd say.
Atla

Post by Atla »

:lol:
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=Atla post_id=514703 time=1624211373 user_id=15497]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/PguJTzr.jpg[/img]

:lol:
[/quote]

They misspelled "marijuana" as "spring". Spring isn't a plant.
trokanmariel

Post by trokanmariel »

When I read the topic title, I thought it was about preference of colours being intelligence. So if a person prefers blue, to green, for example, that would make them more intelligent
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

The number of hues, tones, and shades a person recognises correlates with his ability to compare and contrast. Ability to compare and contrast correlates with linguistic ability. This is why it's important that young children are exposed to plenty of contrasting and comparing language. E.g. "Look! That cat is stalking a bird" E.g. "What a pretty piebald pony!" E.g. " That poor lady's dog died today." E.g. "Those bright blue flowers are called speedwell".
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

there is a slightly more than tenuous correlation between judgement of intelligence and available vocabulary...

the number of namable colors shows as much intelligence as the number of namable car engine parts shows...

-Imp
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Impenitent wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:45 pm there is a slightly more than tenuous correlation between judgement of intelligence and available vocabulary...

the number of namable colors shows as much intelligence as the number of namable car engine parts shows...

-Imp
I agree use of language correlates with intelligence. In order to assert something or other; say for instance the sort of thing a computer is you need to be able to say more than "There is a computer in my house".
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Belinda wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:59 pm
Impenitent wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:45 pm there is a slightly more than tenuous correlation between judgement of intelligence and available vocabulary...

-Imp
I agree use of language correlates with intelligence. In order to assert something or other; say for instance the sort of thing a computer is you need to be able to say more than "There is a computer in my house". Or " My mother hates the computer."