Corona Cozy Chat

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Corona Cozy Chat

Post by Walker »

I wanted to linger, she wanted to walk, so we walked and lingered on the sidewalk of an old town. I did not notice when the old man appeared and that’s strange because no one else was on the sidewalk (corona), but it’s understandable because we were engaged in conversation about the architecture. When we drew closer to him I slowed and then paused for just a moment to look in a shop window.

Closer now, I saw that the old man was very old, in his nineties, maybe older. He was bent and walked with a cane and he moved very slowly. He looked at me and at that moment, she called to me from up ahead, for she had not stopped to linger. Something else to show me. I had no hat to tip and bowing was culturally inappropriate so I bowed only slightly and smiled at the old man and said, “Hello sir,” and realized by his reaction that he could very well be deaf.

I then walked no more than twenty steps at a normal pace to see what she wanted, but what she wanted is not important to this story because when I turned, the old man was gone, and this surprised me because at his rate I figured that he could have taken no more than five steps to my twenty, and there was nowhere within five steps of the shop window that would conceal him. The shop itself was closed, and the steps were too many and steep for the looks of his capacity. I looked farther, to doors and parked autos, but they were too far away for him to have reached.

He probably could have told us a lot about that old town, but standing six or more feet away and shouting would not have been appropriate, although that is necessary when we walk in the shadow of the corona. They tell us that any closer for speaking and I would have been projecting micro droplets of spit to be inhaled.

Since I’m not accustomed to shouting at a stranger on the sidewalk who may be deaf, or to shouting in general, since it’s quite likely that shouting may indeed spray a virus mist, and since I or anyone else may be an unsuspecting virus host, I just naturally took the do no harm approach to the situation without a second thought, although I do wonder how the old fellow disappeared so quickly.

- Walker
Walker

Re: Corona Cozy Chat

Post by Walker »

If the tribe wants to live it must soon leave the cave and face the tigers. Promises and perks for the brave delegates who do. How do you tell them no?

'Where's Tony Fauci?'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... d-day.html

“Trump was asked Monday about Fauci, saying: 'He's a good man. I like Dr. Fauci a lot, just so you understand. He is not here because we are discussing what he is best at but he will be back very soon.'”
henry quirk

Where's Tony Fauci?

Post by henry quirk »

under 🔐
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

Walker wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:47 pm If the tribe wants to live it must soon leave the cave and face the tigers. Promises and perks for the brave delegates who do. How do you tell them no?

'Where's Tony Fauci?'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... d-day.html

“Trump was asked Monday about Fauci, saying: 'He's a good man. I like Dr. Fauci a lot, just so you understand. He is not here because we are discussing what he is best at but he will be back very soon.'”
The Cleveland v Detroit game was called on account of the sky is falling virus

-Imp
Walker

Post by Walker »

Exactly!

:lol:
Ansiktsburk

Post by Ansiktsburk »

Here in Sweden things aint so locked down. And people aint all that cautious. It will be interesting to see how many gets hospitalized and how many dead we will have here compared to the lock down countries when all is said and done
Walker

Post by Walker »

In the Coronavirus Fight in Scandinavia, Sweden Stands Apart
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/28/worl ... virus.html

"... the infection curve in Sweden has started to rise sharply, and on Friday the government tightened the limit on crowds to no more than 50 people."
Walker

Re: Rare pleasures

Post by Walker »

Something that women don’t really know …

When your beard grows awhile it feels like a coronavirus is crawling over your skin, itching, scratching at your face, then you can experience a good shave.

Afterwards is a total absence of that coronavirus feeling. A barber shave. A few passes of hot lather and the straight razor, proper pre and post shave, a sensory experience that lasts the whole day and never gets old, so best to make it rare, once every few days or so, easy under lockdown. Highly recommended if you have the means, but unfortunately for women, it's one of those self-protected pleasures, like truth. Philosophically it’s an exercise in mindfulness and hedonism.

What’s a rare pleasure in your world?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Ansiktsburk wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:43 pm Here in Sweden things aint so locked down. And people aint all that cautious. It will be interesting to see how many gets hospitalized and how many dead we will have here compared to the lock down countries when all is said and done
Not very well, as far as I can see. 477 deaths with a population of only about 10m.
johnlernert

Post by johnlernert »

Walker wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:38 pm In the Coronavirus Fight in Scandinavia, Sweden Stands Apart
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/28/worl ... virus.html
https://joseshome.com/

"... the infection curve in Sweden has started to rise sharply, and on Friday the government tightened the limit on crowds to no more than 50 people."
STOCKHOLM — When the coronavirus swept into Scandinavian countries, Norway and Denmark scrambled to place extensive restrictions on their borders to stem the outbreak. Sweden, their neighbor, took a decidedly different path.
Ansiktsburk

Post by Ansiktsburk »

Yep, people are dying like flies over here compared to other Scandinavian countries.

A lot of talk of “flock immunity” and what not, our medical authority is very much on a non-lockdown tone. We should shelter our old blah blah. Well, The Virus is all over the nursing home.

Problem here, since the days of noblesse social democrat Olof Palme, we have the worst bourgeoisie class probably in the world. The upper midde class. The sons and daughters of the “families” either goes right and become libertarians or left and pushes for stuff like a totally irresponsible mass immigration.

You can understand it like - our care of elder is private. The companies that provide this care tries to hold down costs as much as possible by hiring immigrants, poorly educated people that need to take the bus or subway to come to work. No restrictions there - and fat surprise the virus gets into the nursing homes.

And meanwhile, the bourgeoise sits in cafes all over the place without any social distancing.

If you guys ever heard anything about sweden being a model country, that was earlier generations of working people and a responsible class of leaders, familes where people really worked hard for the companies they were responsible for. People In Sweden born before the boomer generation were good people. Countries around the world seem to have recovered better from the flower power years and from the Reagan libertarianism. . In my mind, there is no doubt that the thousands of deaths in Sweden , when our neighbors have hundreds, can be fully blamed on the swedish bourgeoisie.