Why so few mixed singers?

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Philosophy Explorer

Why so few mixed singers?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:55 pm

In terms of duos, e.g., we do have The Carpenters, Donny & Marie, The Captain and Tenille, Ike and Tina Turner. But there are far more all-male and all-female singing groups. Why?

PhilX 🇺🇸

thedoc

Re: Why so few mixed singers?

Post by thedoc » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:29 pm

When I read the title of this thread, I thought it meant mixed genre rather than mixed members and I thought of this act,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv6jiqV ... v6jiqVmmSI

Spain's got Talent so if you don't understand Spanish it only effects the comments.

thedoc

Post by thedoc » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:53 pm

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:55 pm
In terms of duos, e.g., we do have The Carpenters, Donny & Marie, The Captain and Tenille, Ike and Tina Turner. But there are far more all-male and all-female singing groups. Why?

PhilX 🇺🇸
In the groups you mentioned the parties are related somehow, unrelated Friends or strangers form a group Just about as often. Pentatonix, Collabro, Forte, In The Stairwell, Home Free, and many others.

Conde Lucanor

Post by Conde Lucanor » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:32 am

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:55 pm

PhilX 🇺🇸
I'm not sure about that. What about ABBA and all the Disco era groups? There were plenty of mixed singers in Motown and from the Doo-Wop era.