Page 1 of 1

Does Op Art exist?

Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:54 am
by Philosophy Explorer
Think about it. If it exists, it must be an illusion by definition. If it doesn't exist, then what are we experiencing?

If it does exist, how do we distinguish op art from an illusion? Do you think op art can be beautiful? (I do) Or is it still art to you without being beautiful?

So what do you think?

PhilX

Re: Does Op Art exist?

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:08 pm
by maty
By op art do you understand for example 3D graphics or sth like this?

Re: Does Op Art exist?

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:37 pm
by tbieter
Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:54 am
Think about it. If it exists, it must be an illusion by definition. If it doesn't exist, then what are we experiencing?

If it does exist, how do we distinguish op art from an illusion? Do you think op art can be beautiful? (I do) Or is it still art to you without being beautiful?

So what do you think?

PhilX
What is "op art"?

Re: Does Op Art exist?

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:42 pm
by Philosophy Explorer
tbieter wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:37 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:54 am
Think about it. If it exists, it must be an illusion by definition. If it doesn't exist, then what are we experiencing?

If it does exist, how do we distinguish op art from an illusion? Do you think op art can be beautiful? (I do) Or is it still art to you without being beautiful?

So what do you think?

PhilX
What is "op art"?
You can look this up on the internet.

PhilX

Re: Does Op Art exist?

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:57 pm
by tbieter
Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:42 pm
tbieter wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:37 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:54 am
Think about it. If it exists, it must be an illusion by definition. If it doesn't exist, then what are we experiencing?

If it does exist, how do we distinguish op art from an illusion? Do you think op art can be beautiful? (I do) Or is it still art to you without being beautiful?

So what do you think?

PhilX
What is "op art"?
You can look this up on the internet.

PhilX
Here is information. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Op_art

Re: Does Op Art exist?

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:15 pm
by Philosophy Explorer
tbieter wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:57 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:42 pm
tbieter wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:37 pm

What is "op art"?
You can look this up on the internet.

PhilX
Here is information. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Op_art
Good.

If I were to set up that link in the OP, the staff would have taken down the thread.

PhilX