Why do people watch porn?

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Above us only sky
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:50 pm

Why do people watch porn?

Post by Above us only sky » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:12 am

What's in porn exactly that make lots of people all around the world watch it? It seems porn is one of the few culturally universal thing, even in those Arabic countries pornsites are the most popular websites.

http://wtvr.com/2014/03/13/bible-belt-s ... tats-show/

Why is that? Is it simply because there is an element of “worship of evil” in every human culture?

Many porn watchers love hardcore porn, why is that?

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8173
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Why do people watch porn?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:31 am

Why are Americans obsessed with 'double vanities' in their bathrooms? One is enough for normal people.

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5621
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: Why do people watch porn?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:00 am

Why are some people obsessed with Americans? (it appears to be a form of OCD)

Porn takes many forms to suit tastes. What repulses one can be perfect for another. To properly answer the question, you have to specify what type(s) of porn you mean (and keep in mind what's regarded as porn to some may not be regarded as such to others).

PhilX

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8173
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Why do people watch porn?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:05 am

If you look at an old Playboy magazine you can see how what used to be considered 'porn' is now something you could show your grandmother. People push boundaries. What would once have been considered depraved is now commonplace. S and M was something dark and secret. Now everyone and his uncle is wrapping their partners in cling wrap. Women would have divorced their husbands for watching internet porn. Now they laugh, or watch it with them. Such is the nature of social evolution.
Ever looked closely at those Roman wall mosaics? Then along came kristianity and spoilt everyone's fun.

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5621
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: Why do people watch porn?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:23 am

Another classic case from history is Betty Boop. Before stricter censorship standards came about, the cartoons were quite suggestive and revealing (although not considered porn).

In more recent times after the standards were relaxed, we had Fritz The Cat e.g. So maybe the title question should be why do some people watch porn in different times and places? I believe the answer depends on a complicated set of factors.

PhilX

Above us only sky
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: Why do people watch porn?

Post by Above us only sky » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:59 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:31 am
Why are Americans obsessed with 'double vanities' in their bathrooms? One is enough for normal people.
what is double vanities? i do not know what you mean.

by the way, i am not american, i am chinese

Above us only sky
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: Why do people watch porn?

Post by Above us only sky » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:06 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:05 am
If you look at an old Playboy magazine you can see how what used to be considered 'porn' is now something you could show your grandmother.
of course porn is constantly evoloving.
but what about those hardcore porn? in those hardcore stuff, gangbang , rape , child -looking pornstars , choking, ...is every where.

why do men love those hardcore stuff?
what beauty does it contain?

if there is no beauty in them, then why do people like them?

of course it beg the question : do all men like those hardcore stuff?

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8173
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Why do people watch porn?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:22 pm

Above us only sky wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:06 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:05 am
If you look at an old Playboy magazine you can see how what used to be considered 'porn' is now something you could show your grandmother.
of course porn is constantly evoloving.
but what about those hardcore porn? in those hardcore stuff, gangbang , rape , child -looking pornstars , choking, ...is every where.

why do men love those hardcore stuff?
what beauty does it contain?

if there is no beauty in them, then why do people like them?

of course it beg the question : do all men like those hardcore stuff?
You would have to ask men who like it. I have no idea. You are right. There is no beauty in it. Most men seem to like it. Simple things amuse simple people. Just ask PE. :)

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5621
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: Why do people watch porn?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:47 pm

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:22 pm
Above us only sky wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:06 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:05 am
If you look at an old Playboy magazine you can see how what used to be considered 'porn' is now something you could show your grandmother.
of course porn is constantly evoloving.
but what about those hardcore porn? in those hardcore stuff, gangbang , rape , child -looking pornstars , choking, ...is every where.

why do men love those hardcore stuff?
what beauty does it contain?

if there is no beauty in them, then why do people like them?

of course it beg the question : do all men like those hardcore stuff?
You would have to ask men who like it. I have no idea. You are right. There is no beauty in it. Most men seem to like it. Simple things amuse simple people. Just ask PE. :)
:lol: First you say you have no idea. Then you say there is no beauty in it. As Rod Serling would say "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." That helps to define the individual. Implying I like simple things doesn't answer the question (btw not all women dislike porn like VT).

As I've said it varies according to the individual and the answer is in the genes (which is being studied). Saying it's hardcore is opinion. Saying it's rough is opinion. It's a matter of taste. No amount of reasoning will change that as it's part of life. Certainly asking women such as VT (assuming she's female - that's what she says) won't get you answers.

PhilX

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8173
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Why do people watch porn?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:23 pm

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:47 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:22 pm
Above us only sky wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:06 am


of course porn is constantly evoloving.
but what about those hardcore porn? in those hardcore stuff, gangbang , rape , child -looking pornstars , choking, ...is every where.

why do men love those hardcore stuff?
what beauty does it contain?

if there is no beauty in them, then why do people like them?

of course it beg the question : do all men like those hardcore stuff?
You would have to ask men who like it. I have no idea. You are right. There is no beauty in it. Most men seem to like it. Simple things amuse simple people. Just ask PE. :)
:lol: First you say you have no idea. Then you say there is no beauty in it. As Rod Serling would say "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." That helps to define the individual. Implying I like simple things doesn't answer the question (btw not all women dislike porn like VT).

As I've said it varies according to the individual and the answer is in the genes (which is being studied). Saying it's hardcore is opinion. Saying it's rough is opinion. It's a matter of taste. No amount of reasoning will change that as it's part of life. Certainly asking women such as VT (assuming she's female - that's what she says) won't get you answers.

PhilX
I have no idea why they like it. Which part of that don't you understand? And I knew you would bring up 'eye of the beholder'. Not quite, but if you find porn beautiful then there is something seriously wrong with your 'eye'. As for me 'disliking' it, I think 'indifferent' would be a better word. It just doesn't interest me.
And what are you giggling about?

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5621
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: Why do people watch porn?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:29 pm

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:23 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:47 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:22 pm

You would have to ask men who like it. I have no idea. You are right. There is no beauty in it. Most men seem to like it. Simple things amuse simple people. Just ask PE. :)
:lol: First you say you have no idea. Then you say there is no beauty in it. As Rod Serling would say "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." That helps to define the individual. Implying I like simple things doesn't answer the question (btw not all women dislike porn like VT).

As I've said it varies according to the individual and the answer is in the genes (which is being studied). Saying it's hardcore is opinion. Saying it's rough is opinion. It's a matter of taste. No amount of reasoning will change that as it's part of life. Certainly asking women such as VT (assuming she's female - that's what she says) won't get you answers.

PhilX
I have no idea why they like it. Which part of that don't you understand? And I knew you would bring up 'eye of the beholder'. Not quite, but if you find porn beautiful then there is something seriously wrong with your 'eye'.
And what are you giggling about?
More opinion from the one who doesn't know. She doesn't value freedom of expression which is a reason why she hates the US.

What am I laughing about? You couldn't figure that one out? I suppose I'm talking over your head.

PhilX

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8173
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Why do people watch porn?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:32 pm

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:29 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:23 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:47 pm


:lol: First you say you have no idea. Then you say there is no beauty in it. As Rod Serling would say "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." That helps to define the individual. Implying I like simple things doesn't answer the question (btw not all women dislike porn like VT).

As I've said it varies according to the individual and the answer is in the genes (which is being studied). Saying it's hardcore is opinion. Saying it's rough is opinion. It's a matter of taste. No amount of reasoning will change that as it's part of life. Certainly asking women such as VT (assuming she's female - that's what she says) won't get you answers.

PhilX
I have no idea why they like it. Which part of that don't you understand? And I knew you would bring up 'eye of the beholder'. Not quite, but if you find porn beautiful then there is something seriously wrong with your 'eye'.
And what are you giggling about?
More opinion from the one who doesn't know. She doesn't value freedom of expression which is a reason why she hates the US.

What am I laughing about? You couldn't figure that one out? I suppose I'm talking over your head.

PhilX
Yes. Must be that. :wink:

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5621
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: Why do people watch porn?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:39 pm

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:32 pm
Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:29 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:23 pm

I have no idea why they like it. Which part of that don't you understand? And I knew you would bring up 'eye of the beholder'. Not quite, but if you find porn beautiful then there is something seriously wrong with your 'eye'.
And what are you giggling about?
More opinion from the one who doesn't know. She doesn't value freedom of expression which is a reason why she hates the US.

What am I laughing about? You couldn't figure that one out? I suppose I'm talking over your head.

PhilX
Yes. Must be that. :wink:
Isn't it time for your "beauty" sleep? (that's in my secret file)

PhilX

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8173
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Why do people watch porn?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:45 pm

You can stop worrying about being forced into porn PE. We have already established that mentally defectives are protected by law.

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 5621
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: Why do people watch porn?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:50 pm

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:45 pm
You can stop worrying about being forced into porn PE. We have already established that mentally defectives are protected by law.
So that explains you then. :lol:

PhilX

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests