Harbal wrote: Fish Pie.
:lol:
Terrapin Station

Re: Aesthetic Bullying

Post by Terrapin Station »

tbieter

Post by tbieter »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:''England: An Elegy shows that there is such a country as England, that it has a distinct personality and endows its residents with a distinct moral ideal.''
I agree
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

I write in a strange colour too.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

tbieter wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:''England: An Elegy shows that there is such a country as England, that it has a distinct personality and endows its residents with a distinct moral ideal.''
I agree
So do I. It's quite obvious that countries acquire a distinct personality over time, although for some reason this fact sends the PC into an outraged frenzy.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Harbal wrote: Fish Pie.
:lol:
Wot?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

TSBU wrote:I write in a strange colour too.
That's not the only strange thing about you. You're begining to grow on me.
Above us only sky

Post by Above us only sky »

Just imagine a Tibetan kid dressed in Tibetan cloth handmade by her mom walking into a supermall in the city of Shanghai, and she saw those commercials all over the mall:
What will that Tibetan kid in the first picture think in her head? will her be happy?
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Above us only sky wrote: What will that Tibetan kid in the first picture think in her head? will her be happy?
The biggest probability:
"Fuck, why did my parents get me here? I hate shoping, I want to play". And the kid will be bored.

What I think is (god, they sexualize kids, this is insane).

People start wondering about how they look when they get a different treat, or they see other people receiving a different treat, that's true, but for a kid, that comes basically from other kids and adults. Parents usually treat their childrens equally no matter how they look. Other people usually dont give a fuck, and when they do, they say things like "when you grow, you are going to break lot of hearts" or other things that the kid don't understand and will probably be scared of. Other kids will do what they've been taught and what they've seen too. And, of course, many kids will attack each other, but they still think a bit by themselves when they are kids, so they just imitate their fathers (bad) and they will attack those who are tall cause they are tall, those who are short cause they are short, and those who don't cause they aren't, and after 3 seconds they will go to do another thing.

Problems with looks start mostly for teenagers (12?), because they see that many people, no matter if they are stupid, bad people, etc, get attention and love because of their looks, they start with sexual hormons, they get many feelings that they can't handle, and they are in the final phase of zombification because they've lived in a bubble. So most of them have stoped thinking by themselves and they are better imitating, they've learn to lie better, to hurt each other better, etc.

Evidently, all of this is not becausee of tv o a fucking picture, it has been always like that, it's not a picture, and for god's shake, we are not equally attractive in any sense, phisical or not, sexual or not.
Above us only sky

"Fuck, why did my parents get me here? I hate shoping, I want to play". And the kid will be bored.
No, she will not feel bored, the Tibetan Child, if she is old enough(does not necessarily mean reaching 12 years old), may fell inferior inside, she may consider herself ugly when she entered the mall and is surrounded by all those commercials promoting a consumerist Aesthetics.

She also will feel inferior because she is Tibetan, because her nomadic parents raising cattle could not make enough cash to buy her fashionable modern cloth in a high street mall, because those commercials make her realize that her handmade dress by her mom is not beautiful at all.

By the word "Aesthetic Bullying", I want to express the notion that our own authentic and individual sense of what is beautiful is being forcefully bullied by the consumerist Aesthetics of the capitalist system.

When is the last time when you enter a high street fashion mall and saw a single commercial depicting a child dressing like this?
vegetariantaxidermy

Above us only sky wrote: Just imagine a Tibetan kid dressed in Tibetan cloth handmade by her mom walking into a supermall in the city of Shanghai, and she saw those commercials all over the mall:
What will that Tibetan kid in the first picture think in her head? will her be happy?
Those photos are just weird and creepy. I've never seen children's fashion adverts like that.
Above us only sky

There are lots of more ads for children's clothing
vegetariantaxidermy

Above us only sky wrote:Image

There are lots of more ads for children's clothing
Some might question your motives here.
Above us only sky

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Some might question your motives here.
The thing I want to say is this: our own authentic and individual sense of what is beautiful is being forcefully bullied by the consumerist aesthetics of the capitalist system.

If an Asian child or African kid went to a mall, and all she can saw are ads in those high street stores are pictures of some Norwegian kids wearing small-sized adult clothing, some of ads showing kids wearing so little, then she will be overwhelmed by the ads because what is beautiful in those ads goes against her own sense of beauty, this aesthetic bullying equals physical bulling.
TSBU

Post by TSBU »

Above us only sky wrote:
No, she will not feel bored, the Tibetan Child, if she is old enough(does not necessarily mean reaching 12 years old), may fell inferior inside, she may consider herself ugly when she entered the mall and is surrounded by all those commercials promoting a consumerist Aesthetics.

She also will feel inferior because she is Tibetan, because her nomadic parents raising cattle could not make enough cash to buy her fashionable modern cloth in a high street mall, because those commercials make her realize that her handmade dress by her mom is not beautiful at all.

By the word "Aesthetic Bullying", I want to express the notion that our own authentic and individual sense of what is beautiful is being forcefully bullied by the consumerist Aesthetics of the capitalist system.

When is the last time when you enter a high street fashion mall and saw a single commercial depicting a child dressing like this?
So, you know her? :shock:
I'm talking about my feelings, and many other children. I guess girls are more worried about their looks. Anyway. If she suffer, well, it's her fault, or her parents fault if you want. And life have suffering. People like some things more than others, you took a "common" children, why didn't you took a child with a deformity?
But again, I'm telling you, I'm a teacher, I work with young children, there is not many black or asian people in the place where I live, so there are not many children. And children, none of them, gives a fuck about that (unless their parents teach them to do so), and there are children with deformities, there was one in my school.Well, he had many friends, cause everybody want him to show that thing (because of curiosity).

Now, what do you want? Maybe she will grow up and she will be beautifull for many eyes, or maybe she will be ugly for many eyes, do you want to keep her in a bubble where that doesn't matter to anybody for anything? What a punch when she grows up (for her... and for others)