Aesthetic Bullying

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Above us only sky

Re: Aesthetic Bullying

Post by Above us only sky »

creativesoul wrote: I can understand how one could feel compelled to write in that way. I'd like to say a few things about the above. First, it presupposes another's intent to make you feel bad about yourself. There is no good reason to presuppose that.
There is good reason to presuppose that: If you open a business selling some expensive cosmetics, it is in your own personal interest to place lots of mirrors and lots of pictures of super models so a customer walking into the store and looking at those mirrors and pictures can feel ugly first, and then your sales assistant could persuade her to buy some expensive cosmetics to make her feel beautiful again, it works every time. Am I right?
creativesoul wrote:Secondly, it also shows that you have built your own self-confidence about how you look upon what another considers beautiful. You judged yourself by another's standard.
No, in this case, you have your own sense of beauty , but the mall and the ads in the mall around you force you to accept another aesthetic system. you want to judge by your own standards, you have your own standards of beauty, you consider your wool trousers handmade by your mom the most beautify thing in the world, but all the ads around you and all the model shows around you tells you that wool trousers is ugly and old-fashioned, You should wear levi's jeans. You fight hard to keep your own sense of beauty. This feeling of "fighting those ads and model shows you see everyday in a mall" equals fighting against bulling.
TSBU

Re: Aesthetic Bullying

Post by TSBU »

Above us only sky wrote:
creativesoul wrote: I can understand how one could feel compelled to write in that way. I'd like to say a few things about the above. First, it presupposes another's intent to make you feel bad about yourself. There is no good reason to presuppose that.
There is good reason to presuppose that: If you open a business selling some expensive cosmetics, it is in your own personal interest to place lots of mirrors and lots of pictures of super models so a customer walking into the store and looking at those mirrors and pictures can feel ugly first, and then your sales assistant could persuade her to buy some expensive cosmetics to make her feel beautiful again, it works every time. Am I right?
creativesoul wrote:Secondly, it also shows that you have built your own self-confidence about how you look upon what another considers beautiful. You judged yourself by another's standard.
No, in this case, you have your own sense of beauty , but the mall and the ads in the mall around you force you to accept another aesthetic system. you want to judge by your own standards, you have your own standards of beauty, you consider your wool trousers handmade by your mom the most beautify thing in the world, but all the ads around you and all the model shows around you tells you that wool trousers is ugly and old-fashioned, You should wear levi's jeans. You fight hard to keep your own sense of beauty. This feeling of "fighting those ads and model shows you see everyday in a mall" equals fighting against bulling.
You are being completely absurd. If someone say something, he is not forcing you to accept his own words as your truth, no one can do such thing. Of course, you can be insecure enough to feel like "uh, I may be wrong, I must accept it", but it's not their fault, they are probably just teling what they like. Do you consider bulling to say that I prefer piano to guitar? Do you consider bulling if a girl says that she prefer stong men, or a man says that he prefer big tits? As I said, you posted a "nice" child. Why don't you post a "circus monster"? Cause this is ridiculous, it is (like always!) fucking irony, what you seem to say is "they are being wrong cause that girl is pretty". Well, post an ugly person for nearly everybody standards.
Yep, aesthetic business moves a lot of money. Starting by jewels, and that has been lie that before tv... probably even before painting in caves. And yes, people follow other people, that's a rule (that's basically what makes gold expensive), for aesthetic, and for everything. But... aeshetic is the less important thing for anything. What the children need to learn is that, enjoy aesthetic, but it's just for that, it has no meaning, if many people find you ugly, well, it is just like that, you are not going to be liked by everyone, no one is, and people must repsect you and there will be people who will like you. No "Don't worry, you are pretty" (Like, don't worry, you are not ugly).
Trousers?

No, this is not about children. What childrne in the world like adults to give them clothes as present? "all" of them think (Oh, shit, another cloth, I want toys"), this is about you. And you have a problem if this is what you find important, or you blame cloth shops by giving people what they want''' ironically, there are many products that are expensive because if they were cheap, nobody would want them XD. I mean, yep, they are selling a lie, but people is crazy seeking for it, they want that lie a lot. Nobody is forcing them to accept anything, they nearly force other people to lie, they know it is a lie, but beauty is a common way of escapism. Aesthetic products are never as sold as in economic depression.

Am I "forcing" you to accept my point of view? XD.

(I jst searched "boy with deformity" in google. The title of the page was something like "Abandoned by his parents", now blame the shops)