Recommend me a movie.

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Blaggard

Re: Recommend me a movie.

Post by Blaggard »

Brilliant film, I preferred the original, perhaps because I saw that first. The remake: Dragon Rising, was good don't get me wrong, but...
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Blaggard wrote:Brilliant film, I think ironically though I preferred the original, perhaps because I saw that first. The remake was good don't get me wrong, but...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091474/
We were talking about the original. The remake was called Red Dragon.
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

I edited, easy tiger, forgot they renamed it. ;P

Pun doesn't really work so not intentional. ;)
vegetariantaxidermy

Blaggard wrote:I edited, easy tiger, forgot they renamed it. ;P

Pun doesn't really work so not intentional. ;)
:?:
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

I changed my post when I realised that they were talking about the original, the remake was called something else, I thought wrongly they were called the same thing. My mistake. The easy tiger thing was just how fast you posted the correction before I could edit. Which is no one's fault not even the Romans. :)

If you mean the pun about the tiger see the previous post to the one above.

Was trying to do too many things at once, and being male failing at all of them.
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

I'd recommend Django Unchained and let me begin by saying of course if you hate Quentin Tarantino's movies and everything he has ever done you wont like this one. But it was pretty good. Probably a good deal less bloody than many of his movies, and in fact probably a good deal more thoughtful, but you are going to see some blood, although why they chose to make it look like cherry sauce is anyone's guess... But meh. :)

Stand out actors:

Jamie Foxx: as Django the freed slave and protagonist
Christoph Waltz as Dr. King Schultz, A German Bounty Hunter who frees Django to help him track down some nefarious types
Leonardo DiCaprio: as the nasty but brilliantly played slave owner who you love to hate

Meh Samuel L Jackson is ok, but he's playing a bit of an Uncle Tom's Cabin character, so there's not a lot of scope for his role.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

Lone Survivor

Mark Wahlberg, Ben Foster, Eric Bana
Based on the failed mission "Operation Red Wings" which tasked four members of SEAL Team 10 on June 28, 2005 to kill Taliban leader Ahmad Shah. They were quickly compromised and under attack, Marcus Luttrell being the only member to survive and evade capture.

Watched this today, what can I say, human nature at its finest.
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

Thanks reason not seen, dl now. :)

Haven't seen a decent operation x film since Blackhawk Down or maybe The Hurt Locker, although slightly different than the special force thing, although this is a little more than the last thing that went through Osamah's head thing no doubt (sick joke I know). It's nice to see how things go pear shaped, and yet human values don't go South. Sure war's a shit business, but sometimes people do exceed themselves. Of course most people don't and for the most part many turn into animals which is of course unfair on animals.

Wouldn't mind seeing how the SAS cocked up at some point but of course if they showed me that, they'd have to kill me. ;)

I once read an article in a paper that rated special forces and they put the SAS and MOSSAD top with 10/10, don't worry the Americans ranked well with 8 and 9's out of 10; I do wonder how they managed to do that since we probably know only 10% of what organisations ever got up to and only then when it got all cocked up or the nations cameras were on an Iranian Embassy. Suppose it's by reputation, whatever that means in a secret/special ops organisation... :)

Mind you I think it may be because MOSSAD and the SAS get far more practice than most special forces, especially MOSSAD. Practice makes perfect, and it's a crazy old world we live in... :S
vegetariantaxidermy

Matilda. Danny De Vito did a great job with the Roald Dahl story, and Pam Ferris' very butch Miss Trunchbull would have to be one of the greatest screen villains in the history of cinema. Who could forget her in that terrifying stylised Nazi uniform?
vegetariantaxidermy

Blaggard wrote:Thanks reason not seen, dl now. :)

Haven't seen a decent operation x film since Blackhawk Down or maybe The Hurt Locker, although slightly different than the special force thing, although this is a little more than the last thing that went through Osamah's head thing no doubt (sick joke I know). It's nice to see how things go pear shaped, and yet human values don't go South. Sure war's a shit business, but sometimes people do exceed themselves. Of course most people don't and for the most part many turn into animals which is of course unfair on animals.

Wouldn't mind seeing how the SAS cocked up at some point but of course if they showed me that, they'd have to kill me. ;)

I once read an article in a paper that rated special forces and they put the SAS and MOSSAD top with 10/10, don't worry the Americans ranked well with 8 and 9's out of 10; I do wonder how they managed to do that since we probably know only 10% of what organisations ever got up to and only then when it got all cocked up or the nations cameras were on an Iranian Embassy. Suppose it's by reputation, whatever that means in a secret/special ops organisation... :)

Mind you I think it may be because MOSSAD and the SAS get far more practice than most special forces, especially MOSSAD. Practice makes perfect, and it's a crazy old world we live in... :S
10/10 what? What are they rating?
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

Precisely my point?

What are they rating? Was hence suffice to say one of the oddest newspaper articles I ever read. Rating something we know nothing about, and probably wont until the archives are made public record 100 or so years from now. Slow news day I think...
Hjarloprillar

Post by Hjarloprillar »

Django

"Christoph Waltz as Dr. King Schultz"

To me best actor in film, i loved him.

Like 'Hoffman' as Gust Avrakotos in "Charlie Wilson's War". So perfectly in/out of place.
Hjarloprillar

Post by Hjarloprillar »

Logans run

Jenny Augutter, besides, Lauren Bacal so beautifull..she was great in eagle has landed
Conde Lucanor

Post by Conde Lucanor »

I thought this film was very good, for a change:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5ufgkJ-uVE
Conde Lucanor

Post by Conde Lucanor »

"Did you bring a horse for me?..."

They don't make them any better than this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_tt83itYA8