Dia de los Muertos

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

artisticsolution

Dia de los Muertos

Post by artisticsolution »

This is what I am painting now. I am fascinated by this beautiful beautiful holiday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCQnUuq-TEE
Attachments
llama 2.jpeg
llama 2.jpeg (94.09 KiB) Viewed 6798 times
marjoramblues

Re: Dia de los Muertos

Post by marjoramblues »

Beautiful 8)
artisticsolution

Thanks M! I love that short film. Kinda makes you want to die....lol. :wink:
artisticsolution

Miss you M! Miss all of you here....

Some of my recent work...not philosophical...just for fun.
Attachments
skate.jpeg
skate.jpeg (31.94 KiB) Viewed 6619 times
twiddles to good use.jpeg
twiddles to good use.jpeg (25.3 KiB) Viewed 6619 times
hair.jpeg
hair.jpeg (28.34 KiB) Viewed 6619 times
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

I like the one about Alice, I'm not going to say why.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Awesome!

artisticsolution

Awww thanks guys!

LMAO Doc :lol:
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Love your use of colour AS.

What's your paint? Acrylics?

Ever done 'landscapes'? As you obviously have the talent, technique and skills and it might make a refresh change to your thoughts to leave the internal for a while and explore the external. Not saying the saccharine but I'm sure your neighbourhood has some interesting insights to paint and if you bring your slant it well may be insightful.
artisticsolution

Arising_uk wrote:Love your use of colour AS.

What's your paint? Acrylics?

Ever done 'landscapes'? As you obviously have the talent, technique and skills and it might make a refresh change to your thoughts to leave the internal for a while and explore the external. Not saying the saccharine but I'm sure your neighbourhood has some interesting insights to paint and if you bring your slant it well may be insightful.
Thanks Arising,

Yes, the day of the dead are acrylics on wood panel. I have done landscapes...here are a couple (below) I have done in the past (the photos didn't come out as well...these were taken with my old phone). I like to paint en plein air esp on vacation. I usually paint landscapes in oil on canvas and they sell quickly but they are not as much fun as the day of the dead. Like my husband says, "You should paint Paris scenes...those sell!" LOL He's right they do...but I just don't have the discipline right now. I have to pay attention when I do landscapes, it is a discipline ...unlike when I do my day of the dead I can go into a trance and kinda let the paint brush tell me what the painting will be. There is no pre planning. If i accidentally drop paint or put my hand in wet paint and smear it...I just think to myself it was meant to be for a reason and then it is fun to see what it wanted to be...like I don't have a hand in it at all. I like what my accidents turn out to be better than what I do on purpose.

Also, you are right ...I have to admit you pick up on things very well. I am going through an extra shy moment for some reason right now...very internal. A wise person said I should go out and help people...like teach at prison or something. And the funny thing is I have given the same advice to people in my past who have been depressed. It helps for sure to do that very thing. But what I wasn't aware of is how you feel when in this dilemma...like it is everything you can do to take action. Weird to be on the other side. Painting is an escape., for sure And I can be someone other than me , if that makes sense.

Then once a month I go to sell my wares...and I have a very good time (always with someone by my side cause I am a chicken shit these days lol). But I meet these young adults...soooo fun. The people who love my paintings are between 20 to 35....gorgeous women like the girls in my paintings and cool guys with tattoos everywhere...much younger than I am. But they are remarkably nice...much different than my generation! So polite and helpful! I really enjoy the excitement they exhibit when they see my work. Much different than my age group who has seen it all and are just looking for a painting to go above their sofa. Not complaining mind you...

lol...where was I going with all this...oh yes...good advice...external.
Attachments
gc12.jpeg
gc12.jpeg (63.2 KiB) Viewed 6585 times
gc11.jpeg
gc11.jpeg (18.24 KiB) Viewed 6585 times
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nice.

I was thinking more of urbanscapes done in acrylic with your slant slightly applied to the people.

Also, why not take prints of your death paintings and see if you can sell them as posters to the yoof.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

.................................Beautiful. Extremely well done.

artisticsolution

Thanks Bill!
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

THANK YOU!

It's refreshing to see someone besides me acknowledge the importance of non-verbal communication.

Again, well done.

And I hope you are still able to obtain some contracts in this brutal economy.

........................................................Image

I am unable to escape Dia de los Muertos. Everyday is Dia de los Muertos for me. I am never far away.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:...
I am unable to escape Dia de los Muertos. Everyday is Dia de los Muertos for me. I am never far away.
Me, me, me, eh! Bill.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Yeah. Yeah it is.

Don't know how you would expect any of us to answer that.

This medium, this forum, is rather limited to what we choose to present to others.

These words; these metaphors, are individual egos...contained within each active member.

Are these egos me? - No. No, not at all.

Are they you? - No. Not at all.

...I just came back from my church. It's what other people might call a gym.

When I'm down there, working-out.

I don't really need my thoughts;
my individual egos.

They persist. And I fight them.

At times I perhaps, will feel an expansion of self. Just an experience of reality.

In my relationship to this exercise in self-consciousness my momentary egos fade. I become less of these momentary estrangements of reality.

Things become clearer.

If I am lucky I will experience an unexpected deep and extended silence within me.

On another vein, within the same active philosophical experience, my actual physical life is in a heightened degree of immediate non-existence.

So, I'm very serious about my philosophical life.

This experience, this living philosophy is at the core of my existence. At times it's everything to me in my entirety.

There are gentle people here. People who read philosophy or read about philosophers and think they are doing philosophy.

So yeah. It's all about me. Philosophy is all around me.

...so...I will stand by my original post. Dia de los Muertos is always with me. Always near.