What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Music

Post by Walker »

Walker wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:01 am
bahman wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:11 pm
Walker wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:31 am
Listen to this great voice! B.B. King. The brilliant lyrics help. Doc Pomus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdbXJ9iQ804

(He was always singing to Lucille.)
The song was nice but I could not find the lyrics.
Interesting. That’s something that has escaped the web of google. Fortunately, I’ve heard them a million times and I’ve been a fast typist since the manual typewrite days. The lyrics explain men and women, and of course BB's nice rendition makes it happen.

Blinded by Love, Doc Pomus lyrics:

We said goodnight
She meant goodbye
I should have known
By the tears in her eyes
You only see
What you want it to be
When you’re blinded by love
And love sure has blinded me.

I held her hand
She held my heart
Fools never know
When their love falls apart
‘Cause you only see
What you want it to be
And love sure has blinded me

You hope against hope
You try to drink the bars dry
But the worst thing about it
She never even told you why

She’ll live right on
And I’ll die, I’ll die a little every day
Swearin’ she’ll change
But deep down in my heart I know
I know there’s no way

(Joe Sample piano)

You only see what you want it to be
Oh yeah.

When you’re blinded by love.
Yeah. Blinded me.
* typo edit
bahman

Post by bahman »

Walker wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:01 am
bahman wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:11 pm
Walker wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:31 am
Listen to this great voice! B.B. King. The brilliant lyrics help. Doc Pomus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdbXJ9iQ804

(He was always singing to Lucille.)
The song was nice but I could not find the lyrics.
Interesting. That’s something that has escaped the web of google. Fortunately, I’ve heard them a million times and I’ve been a fast typist since the manual typewrite days. The lyrics explain men and women, and of course BB's nice rendition makes it happen.

Blinded by Love, Doc Pomus lyrics:

We said goodnight
She meant goodbye
I should have known
By the tears in her eyes
You only see
What you want it to be

I held her hand
She held my heart
Fools never know
When their love falls apart
‘Cause you only see
What you want it to be
And love sure has blinded me

You hope against hope
You try to drink the bars dry
But the worst thing about it
She never even told you why

She’ll live right on
And I’ll die, I’ll die a little every day
Swearin’ she’ll change
But deep down in my heart I know
I know there’s no way

(Joe Sample piano)

You only see what you what it to be
Oh yeah.

When you’re blinded by love.
Yeah. Blinded me.
Oh, thanks a lot for the lyric.
Walker

Post by Walker »

bahman wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:59 pm Oh, thanks a lot for the lyric.
Blind folks can’t see where they’re going so they run into each other. When self-concept causes one to be blind, and love for another causes the other to be blind, then their collision can switch on the seeing-light for one or both. Surely after pondering you'll rationally agree that which ever one BB was, the collision gave him the blues.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Walker wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:57 pm
bahman wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:59 pm Oh, thanks a lot for the lyric.
Blind folks can’t see where they’re going so they run into each other. When self-concept causes one to be blind, and love for another causes the other to be blind, then their collision can switch on the seeing-light for one or both. Surely after pondering you'll rationally agree that which ever one BB was, the collision gave him the blues.
Yes, it reminds me of my youth.
Walker

Post by Walker »

:thumbsup:
Walker

Post by Walker »

A lovely lullaby for the sleepy little folks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5Jq4Hnchb0
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

He drove through the night in the shiney new 42 ford deluxe. the chicago streets were damp from the rain. steam seemed to rise from the asphalt, or maybe it was the fog... Mickey didn't know. the wipers labored back and forth lazily as he hummed a tune. "that Marcino is gonna have to make a decision," he mused to himself, lighting a filterless lucky strike. the street lights cast broken shadows through the car windows as he passed down the empty street. the night was lonely and unsure, like Mickey.

he took a left at the abandoned warehouse, like the directions said, and pulled into the lot beside the bistro. after putting the car in park, he turned it off and looked up at the window on the third floor. the light was on. Mickey took a deep breath, put on his his seude fedora, and got out of the car. the rain had become a light mist, and he watched a couple coming out of the bistro as he stamped his cigarette out in the gravel. side entrance... Andrew will let you in. he folded the paper and put it into his trench coat pocket.

he could hear them talking through the door as he approached. the lobby decor was rich with hardwood paneling and dark, red velvet. he knocked on the door like he was told, and a brief moment later, it opened.

"hello Mickey. you found the place okay?"

"no problem, Mr. Marcino."

"Mickey, this is my associate, Mr. Harrison. Mr. Harrison, this is our new friend, Mickey."

Mickey reached out his hand and met the firm grasp of the man. a serious, interrogating handshake that made Mickey a little nervous, but he held his grip.

"have a seat then, Mickey. Angela, bring Mickey a scotch. How do you like em, Mickey?"

"neat, Mr. Marcino. thank you."

Angela brought the scotch to Mickey. she was a buxom girl, mid twenties, with auburn hair and soft hazel eyes. Mickey nodded his thanks, took a drink, and set the glass on the table beside the chair.

"now then. i understand that the family wants to negotiate. is that true, Mickey?"

"yes sir, Mr. Marcino. there's been some trouble on the north side of town with some of the bookies. the family isn't happy with the profits, and wants a bigger cut."

Marcino looked at Mickey, and folded his hands behind his head. "you do realize that we've taken great pains to arrange the fights, don't you Mickey? We're taking a big risk by doing this, and many of the fighters don't wanna play. We're having to raise their cuts to get their cooperation. the family's got some nerve to make demands like that."

Mr. Harrison moved slowly from the door and sat down in the chair beside Mickey. He picked up a newspaper and began casually flipping through the pages.

"i understand, Mr. Marcino, but the family feels the present terms aren't going to work."

Mickey sat motionless in his chair, his piercing eyes fixed on Marcino. He moved his hand to his lap, and rested it beside his inside coat pocket. Marcino glanced over at Mr. Harrison, who was watching Mickey from the corner of his eye, then back to Mickey. a quiet tension filled the room.

Mickey took another draw from his scotch, not breaking his eye contact with Marcino. His sharp features showed a man with intelligence and cunning. Mickey wasn't the kind of guy who was easily persuaded.

"i think we might be able to come to an agreement, Mickey. we don't want any trouble, and i'm sure the family doesn't either."

"i think that's a wise decision, Mr. Marcino."

Mickey stood up and approached the desk. Marcino moved nervously in his chair, then relaxed.

"mind if i have one, Mr. Marcino," he asked with a shrewd smile as he took out his gold zippo, hands moving with expert precision and grace. he stood over Marcino, his lean, muscular frame announcing itself.

"of course Mickey, help yourself."

Mickey's hand moved to the corner of the desk, and opened the box of twenty small cigars
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

The dark wizard peered into his crystal ball one last time, then knocked the lamp off his table, cursing aloud. he began pacing back and forth, mumbling to himself under his breath.

"Malrion! send three more regiments immediately, and you better bring me good news when you return."

"my lord, the men are trying as best they can, but the field cannot be breached. I swear it, my lord!"

Malrion lowered his eyes as the dark wizard shot him a disapproving glance. he waited in silence for the angry wizard's reply.

the dark wizard stroked his long beard as he studied a page in the leather bound book of spells... his pale finger tracing the words as he read.

"i don't understand why it isn't working. the power graft is fully charged, it should not be able to shield itself from my spell. Malrion! you are certain the surrounding countryside has been effected?"

Malrion raised his eyes and answered with an unsteady voice, "of course my lord, the fields no longer bear grain, and the trees have lost their leaves."

the dark wizard stood in front of his spell table and picked up a strange, mishapen blue crystal, turning it in his hands and examining it with his cold, grey eyes.

"the men shall stand at the ready beside the river. when i have succeeded in breaking the barrier, i shall send word. prepare the men at once!"

"as you wish, my lord," and Malrion walked quickly from the room.

in the coming days the dark wizard worked day and night to perfect the spell. finally certain that his task was complete, he sent the raven to inform the regiments. when the raven arrived, he sat down eagarly before his crystal ball and brought the men into view.

the men formed in ranks, then at the sound of the battle horn, they charged. the dark wizard drew closer to his crystal ball and watched.

"this is it! the soldiers have to break through!"

then, as if by some force field, the first wave smashed into an invisible barrier, preventing them from moving forward. they stood there in confusion and disarray.

"blast!," shouted the dark wizard, kicking over the table and wringing his hands in frustration. he had failed again.

the land of Lindindale was an enchanted place, and though the dark wizard's evil magic had taken control of most of the region, there was one place in which his powers had no effect.

a golden valley between two great mountains, filled with lush, green vegetation and home to many animals. this wondrous land was protected by strange magical creatures... the toads of the short forest
Walker

Post by Walker »

That music of imaginative description kinda sounds like a Moody Blues Intro.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS2tGZrLGSs

First Man:
I think, I think I am, therefore I am, I think

Establishment:
Of course you are my bright little star
I've miles
And miles
Of files
Pretty files of your forefather's fruit
And now to suit our
Great computer
You're magnetic ink

First Man:
I'm more than that, I know I am, at least, I think I must be

Inner Man:
There you go man, keep as cool as you can
Face piles
Of trials
With smiles
It riles them to believe
That you perceive
The web they weave
And keep on thinking free
Walker

Post by Walker »

The Story In Your Eyes
Moody Blues
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se9U6xG_fEM

Walker

Post by Walker »

The Fifth Dimension
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjC8-37HKCo

“There’ll be muuuusic.”

You either love it, or it burns your grits, or if you’re too far gone you don’t give a hoot in hell.

McCoo or LaRue?
bahman

Post by bahman »

bahman

Post by bahman »

bahman

Post by bahman »

bahman