Why do people hate?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
ForgedinHell
Posts: 762
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:26 am
Location: Pueblo West, CO

Re: Why do people hate?

Post by ForgedinHell »

Atthet wrote:
ForgedinHell wrote:You can hate the individuals who stole from you, but it would be irrational to hate an entire ethnic group for the conduct.
What if a social group is the source and cause of individual behaviors? What if being black, genetically, causes crime as a group identity?
It doesn't, so your first problem is that you are acting like an idiot.
thedoc
Posts: 6473
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: Why do people hate?

Post by thedoc »

Social groups do teach their members what is acceptable and what is not within the group, but there is no genetic factor. A black comunity could easily teach that it is acceptable to steal from whites, just as in the south it was taught in white comunities that it was OK to lynch blacks as a means of social control.
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Why do people hate?

Post by chaz wyman »

Atthet wrote:
ForgedinHell wrote:You can hate the individuals who stole from you, but it would be irrational to hate an entire ethnic group for the conduct.
What if a social group is the source and cause of individual behaviors? What if being black, genetically, causes crime as a group identity?

But this is so obviously not the case.
What if....

What if you tried to use your brain?
User avatar
Kayla
Posts: 1217
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:31 am

Re: Why do people hate?

Post by Kayla »

ForgedinHell wrote:He is a marxist, so he believes there is no such thing as human nature. It's a ridiculous claim. As if almost 4 billion years of evolution would make us simply putty for "culture."
its not that there is no such thing as human nature but rather we just dont know what it is

so many things have been justified in terms of human nature

-slavery
-feudalism
-racism
-sexism
-monarchy

etc etc ad nauseum

so whenever someone tries to justify something in terms of human nature it is fairly reasonable to treat them as if they were just saying blah blah blah blah


for instance there are physiological differences between male brains and female brains

it is extremely unlikely that those differences do not at some point translate into behavioural differences

but we do not know what those differences, in and of themselves, might be - because there are also huge cultural differences the effect of which is difficult if not impossible to figure out

so anyone who makes specific claims about psychological gender differences has no clue what they are talking about
reasonvemotion
Posts: 1643
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 1:22 am

Re: Why do people hate?

Post by reasonvemotion »

Why do people hate? They are brainwashed to hate.

Every day we have bullshit slipped into our sub concsious. The internet is a classic and sly technique of bullshit insertion.
Atthet
Posts: 348
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:53 am

Re: Why do people hate?

Post by Atthet »

No, allemotion noreason, you're wrong like always. We are brainwashed to love. And once this brainwashing is rejected, we realize that I have nothing in common with disgusting people like you. This is why we hate, because morons want to bring the strong and weak together. This creates contempt in the superior races, and resentment in the inferior races.
To an inferior, like you, you keep brainwashing and brainwashing, and your attempt to spread your "universal love", keeps turning out hate.

Love is the lie. Hatred is truth. Unequality is the truth. Hate everybody who tries to tell you that you are "equal" or the same as them. I'm not the same as you. I'm not equal with you. I'm better, and this creates pride, dignity, virtue, value, ethics, morality. It creates everything you morons call "good" in your lives, but never can achieve. It requires strength that you don't have. It's not in you, spiritually. You don't have that kind of spiritual strength needed, to become something superior, and awe inspiring.
User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 9302
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Why do people hate?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Atthet wrote:No, allemotion noreason, you're wrong like always. We are brainwashed to love. And once this brainwashing is rejected, we realize that I have nothing in common with disgusting people like you. This is why we hate, because morons want to bring the strong and weak together. This creates contempt in the superior races, and resentment in the inferior races.
To an inferior, like you, you keep brainwashing and brainwashing, and your attempt to spread your "universal love", keeps turning out hate.

Love is the lie. Hatred is truth. Unequality is the truth. Hate everybody who tries to tell you that you are "equal" or the same as them. I'm not the same as you. I'm not equal with you. I'm better, and this creates pride, dignity, virtue, value, ethics, morality. It creates everything you morons call "good" in your lives, but never can achieve. It requires strength that you don't have. It's not in you, spiritually. You don't have that kind of spiritual strength needed, to become something superior, and awe inspiring.
What's your problem?? :shock:
Atthet
Posts: 348
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:53 am

Re: Why do people hate?

Post by Atthet »

Lies
User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 9302
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Why do people hate?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Atthet wrote:Lies
You are the one who said you have only told the truth twice in your entire life.
Atthet
Posts: 348
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:53 am

Re: Why do people hate?

Post by Atthet »

Other people's lies
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Why do people hate?

Post by chaz wyman »

Atthet wrote:No, allemotion noreason, you're wrong like always. We are brainwashed to love. And once this brainwashing is rejected, we realize that I have nothing in common with disgusting people like you. This is why we hate, because morons want to bring the strong and weak together. This creates contempt in the superior races, and resentment in the inferior races.
To an inferior, like you, you keep brainwashing and brainwashing, and your attempt to spread your "universal love", keeps turning out hate.

Love is the lie. Hatred is truth. Unequality is the truth. Hate everybody who tries to tell you that you are "equal" or the same as them. I'm not the same as you. I'm not equal with you. I'm better, and this creates pride, dignity, virtue, value, ethics, morality. It creates everything you morons call "good" in your lives, but never can achieve. It requires strength that you don't have. It's not in you, spiritually. You don't have that kind of spiritual strength needed, to become something superior, and awe inspiring.
Now we see a departure of the thin veneer of reason. To reveal the fetid swamp of inferiority and sickness that lies beneath.
Pluto
Posts: 1856
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 9:26 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Why do people hate?

Post by Pluto »

Why do people hate? They are brainwashed to hate.

Every day we have bullshit slipped into our sub concsious. The internet is a classic and sly technique of bullshit insertion.

The truth! It is so. A hate-filled biosphere of murder and death soaking into your pores. The airwaves are virus.
User avatar
ForgedinHell
Posts: 762
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:26 am
Location: Pueblo West, CO

Re: Why do people hate?

Post by ForgedinHell »

Kayla wrote:
ForgedinHell wrote:He is a marxist, so he believes there is no such thing as human nature. It's a ridiculous claim. As if almost 4 billion years of evolution would make us simply putty for "culture."
its not that there is no such thing as human nature but rather we just dont know what it is

so many things have been justified in terms of human nature

-slavery
-feudalism
-racism
-sexism
-monarchy

etc etc ad nauseum

so whenever someone tries to justify something in terms of human nature it is fairly reasonable to treat them as if they were just saying blah blah blah blah


for instance there are physiological differences between male brains and female brains

it is extremely unlikely that those differences do not at some point translate into behavioural differences

but we do not know what those differences, in and of themselves, might be - because there are also huge cultural differences the effect of which is difficult if not impossible to figure out

so anyone who makes specific claims about psychological gender differences has no clue what they are talking about
We do know about behavioral differences between the sexes. We also know about differences in how they think. There is not sufficient evidence, however, to justify any discrimination as the range of abilities of women is quite broad, as is that for men, so there is a great deal of overlap, despite the differences. Men are more likely to excel at system analysis, which is great for math and engineering. Women are more socialable than men, which is great for trial law. However, a Lisa Randall is more likely to have a "male brain" than most men, and Gerry Spence is more likely to have a "female brain" than most women. We just don't know how any specific person will do.

Human nature involves parents taking care of their children. Most parents favor their children over strangers, and no society has lasted long where such behavior is not recognized. Families typically form strong ties, and try to assist each other, which would be consistent with human nature, as they would have a vested interest in ensuring the survival of their genes throughout future generations. People also survive by belonging to groups, and people the world over, readily identify themselves with groups. To deny human nature is tantamount to denying almost 4 billion years of evolution.
User avatar
Kayla
Posts: 1217
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:31 am

Re: Why do people hate?

Post by Kayla »

ForgedinHell wrote:We do know about behavioral differences between the sexes. We also know about differences in how they think.
of course we do

i spend a lot of time looking after children and am rather good at it and i can see the differences between boys and girls from the very early age

one would have to be a nutter to deny that those differences exist

what we do not know is the extent to which these differences are due to biology as opposed to culture

there are major cultural differences in this regard as well and people often assume that their own culture represents what nature demands - clearly a view htat cannot be supported

hence my rejection of sweeping claims about 'human nature'
Men are more likely to excel at system analysis, which is great for math and engineering.
i have it on good authority - someone who grew up in china - that in china the gender ratios in mathematics and engineering are much more even than in the west - and i have no particular reason to suppose that chinese women are worse at math or engineering than their male collegues

so what you are saying seems true in north america but i have no reason to believe it is universally true
Human nature involves parents taking care of their children. Most parents favor their children over strangers, and no society has lasted long where such behavior is not recognized.
this is true but the extent to which this is true is so widely variable across cultures that i am not sure one can really make anything beyond a most vague generalization
To deny human nature is tantamount to denying almost 4 billion years of evolution.
its not that i am denying that there is such a thing as human nature but rather that i am sceptical about any particular claim about human nature
User avatar
Satyr
Posts: 647
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:55 pm
Location: The Edge
Contact:

Re: Why do people hate?

Post by Satyr »

:twisted:
Post Reply