Verbal Abuse

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

reasonvemotion

Verbal Abuse

Post by reasonvemotion »

Do people really understand the power of words. Words can be powerful weapons. Used with venom words can break hearts, extinguish dreams, kill hope, shrivel souls and completely destroy love. There are those who use humor to belittle someone and when this happens they reflect it back by way of saying, it was only a joke, get over it, don't be so thin skinned.

How many times could anyone of us have said after a five or ten minutes on this Forum..............................

“I’ve had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn’t it.” (Groucho Marx) LOL

changed word to "extinguish"
Last edited by reasonvemotion on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
duszek

Re: Verbal Abuse

Post by duszek »

I agree.

And I would add:

whenever I say something ugly on a forum a potential love of my life might pass, see it and never read a post of mine again. :|
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

Your safe here on that score........ no alphas here....... on second thoughts..... there may be one. :lol:
duszek

Post by duszek »

But new people can enter the forum any minute ... :D

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Verbal abuse in one´s thoughts is not nothing. If you call someone you care for a name (for example: a spider) your relationship changes a little bit forever. You cannot undo it any more.

That is why I do not abuse my dear friends in my mind even if they disappoint me.
Satyr

Post by Satyr »

Ah words...the power to inspire, to entice, to misdirect, to destroy and to create.

Words...codified, symbols referring to mental abstractions; mental states of mind reflected in a simplified, generalized form.

Words...little metaphors which some take literally, having no artistry of mind and no flexibility of thought.
Consider, if you will, the example of a painter.
His talent to put on canvas a lovely natural setting determines his artistry.
He uses colors, forms, subtle tricks to turn a two-dimensional platform into a three-dimensional representation; methods to insinuate movement where none is possible.
His motive is not necessarily malicious, for he might only be seeking his own clarity and intentionally exposing a reality few can endure.

Now we can all appreciate a fine artists but most - the majority of mediocre morons that is - take the methodology, the color hue, the brush stroke, the line, the insinuated shade, as if it were what was depicted.
They see the image he leaves behind, of a forest, a river, a garden, and consider it not a representation of reality, referring to a fluidity using static forms, but as being the actual thing - the process - depicted.
Think how fucked-up and stupid such creatures are, to see an artistic expression of the mind's conception of reality - he having the talent to turn the dynamic into a static which all can recognize and within which the dynamic almost springs out of the inert imagery - imagine, if you will, if you dare, such vile naves worshiping the canvas full of paints as if it were that which it represented. Imagine them admiring the artist as if he were a demi-god, deferring to him...referring to him...dropping his name when their own artistry fails them.

Imagine these stunted minds finding comfort in the certainty, the safety, the nonthreatening distances of the artist's representations...while all around them the real rages.

How fucked up would that be...if you were an observer of these pathetic observers.
I can almost paint a picture of them.
Last edited by Satyr on Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lynn

Post by Lynn »

duszek wrote:But new people can enter the forum any minute ... :D

Verbal abuse in one´s thoughts is not nothing. If you call someone you care for a name (for example: a spider) your relationship changes a little bit forever. You cannot undo it any more.

That is why I do not abuse my dear friends in my mind even if they disappoint me.
I agree with you duszek on this one and try, but sometimes fail, to live up to this ethos. In the heat of debate, it is a skill not to cross the line between jousting/bravado and remarks that cut to the bone.
duszek

Post by duszek »

Lynn wrote:
duszek wrote:But new people can enter the forum any minute ... :D

I agree with you duszek on this one and try, but sometimes fail, to live up to this ethos. In the heat of debate, it is a skill not to cross the line between jousting/bravado and remarks that cut to the bone.
I fail too, of course. Again and again.
And so I have to make a new start with new people. The earth is full of people so the problem is not that we run out of chances.
The problem I see is that a personal relationship grows better with time. So if we start a new one again all the energy invested in the old and spoilt one is sort of wasted.

Dr. Laura says: pick a good one and keep him.

She meant a husband, I would apply it to any acquaintance.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

The difference between you (duszek) and myself is this.

You see harm done, there is no harm done. Perhaps I could explain it to you in this way. My interest in people never wanes. It is like an overpowering interest. I want to know how people become who they are and why. Why does a person pull apart a computer, to see how it works. Why does a philosopher read Kant? to gain insight. Why do you fear him. His violence? I don't shirk from a person because they express themselves in a way I would not choose. This is who he is. I don't like it and he does have the capacity sometimes to sting, but I am not afraid of him. His intelligence cannot be denied, if you sift through the obscenities. I will admit though, I am pleased at times he is located in another country. LOL.
Last edited by reasonvemotion on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
duszek

Post by duszek »

reasonvemotion wrote:The difference between you (duszek) and myself is this.

You see harm done, there is no harm done. Perhaps I could explain it to you in this way. My interest in people never wanes. It is like an overpowering interest. I want to know how people become who they are and why. Why does a person pull apart a computer, to see how it works. Why does a philosopher read Kant? to gain insight. Why do you fear him. His violence? I don't shirk from a person because they express themselves in a way I would not choose. This is who he is. I don't like it and he does have the capacity sometimes to sting, but I am not afraid of him. His intelligence cannot be denied, if you sift through the obscenities. I will admit though, I am pleased at times he is located in another country. LOL.
I see.
Well then, I must have misinterpreted your first post.

Thanks for your honesty, I will not bother you any more.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

Thanks for your honesty, I will not bother you any more.
So I guess that means I am to be ostracized for it. :wink:
duszek

Post by duszek »

NO ! :D

I had a moment of hesitation when I wrote this sentence, seeing its slight ambiguity.

Let me correct then:

I will not bother you ON THIS TOPIC any more.
Last edited by duszek on Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

I remember that Pippi L. was friends with thieves, pirates and other evil-doers and she survived.
Good luck to you !
Friends? how did this equasion come into it.

I note your self righteousness and it is not admired.
duszek

Post by duszek »

Yes, you are right.
Perhaps I should better cancel this unfortunate sentence.
Satyr

Post by Satyr »

Perhaps you good people, you outstanding civil citizens of modernity might consider the violence done upon mankind, upon those few who can be considered more human than the average, by philosophies that preach a contrived equalization under the criteria of a selflessness which hides a selfishness but denies it, and proposes utility as the highest virtue, but does not admit that it is so, but plays the righteous card, pretending to be "good", and "civil" when "civility" has come to mean hypocrisy.

Where I reside is inconsequential, my sweets, especially in this day and age....for I live next to you and you might not even recognize me behind my fake smile and pretended humility.
I am Legion.

There has been no greater violence done upon mankind than this leveling and this denial of nature, proposing nurturing as the panacea that heals man of his "sins", and degrades him to the status of a machine, producing, easting shitting, repeating text he does not understand but still holds onto as if it were the 'word of God'.
If degrading man, by erasing his blood, his sex, his race, his heritage to create your ideal robotic, automaton, who's only sense of self is derived from the social conventions he is programmed with and the bullshit behavior he submits to, clenching his heart in the night and wondering why, if he has so much he still feels so empty, and why, if he is so free and unique, does he do and say and think the same shit as everyone else and that when he is pushed to defend his positions and to follow their logic, which he has never explored, he settles for personal innuendos and redirection and flooding the medium with quotes and deference and evasive semantics.

I am here, as a Satyr, to keep you hypocrites honest....with yourselves. No need for an acknowledgement because I know that some of you fear, in the night before you sleep, that what I say is true...but would never admit to it, because you wish to maintain the status quo and the self-identification with civility and goodness and altruistic pretenses.
You, as individuals, are not important to me...it is what you represent that I challenge.
That is the biggest bully of all and you are but its blind minions, its armies of zombies with your plastered smiles and your fake aloofness and that innocence of childishness which, when found in adults, can only be called 'retardation'.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

might consider the violence done upon mankind, upon those few who can be considered more human than the average
If, a person is not of the herd, they are feared or eradicated. If a person is helpless, they are toyed with, abused and despised. If a person is alone and is any of the above, then there is no hope. The sad fact is, you can fight the system but you can't defeat it. To survive you use guile as you do.