Sunday Sermon 1st July 2012

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
The Jesus Head
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 12:18 am
Location: Golgotha, Jerusalem

Re: Sunday Sermon 1st July 2012

Post by The Jesus Head »

Arising_uk wrote:Would she? You claiming to be a legal expert as well now? My what a list of qualifications you don't say you have.

I'd could as well use "as well" but I'm definitely sure that "off" would be rare in philosophy, although "of" would make many an appearance. In ICT "off" as in now turn your mobile off would also occur but there's not much writing going-on in that subject at the NEET level.

Have you had enough attention now? As it is getting boring. Much like your original post.

Although I would still like your diagnosis upon those who have a terminal aversion to answering questions?
WHAT A FRAUDULENT MUPPET YOU ARE
User avatar
The Jesus Head
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 12:18 am
Location: Golgotha, Jerusalem

Re: Sunday Sermon 1st July 2012

Post by The Jesus Head »

reasonvemotion wrote:TJH
The truth is that Amy Winehouse had no intention of killing herself .
In her most revealing lyric she writes : He hit me and it felt like a kiss.
And in her most revealing comment she states : I just came out of a relationship and was doing one destructive thing after another or (laughing) having a good time..
The irony that self harm is fun was an emphasis that she herself made.
For some drama ,passion and conflict ferment into the most potent of self destructive life styles wherein pleasure and pain dovetail .

In the end, Amy Winehouse died, from being herself.
Do you agree TJH, because she strayed from a meaningful existence and drank to excess, it was because she thought less of herself as a human being. In becoming self-deprecating, she weakened herself internally and made herself vulnerable to outside control. The excessive use of alcohol and illicit drugs. The reason for her demise, not consciously, was her lack of faith.
No I don't agree.
No one ever told her what to be. She was herself and
she loved every minute of the debauchery.
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Sunday Sermon 1st July 2012

Post by chaz wyman »

Arising_uk wrote::) Portfolio 'stormtrooper' me!

Greenwich with placement at Lewisham FE.
Fuck that \
'evidence based" teaching bullshit eh?
My entire Portfolio was computer generated from a four page Teaching plan and a 3 page evaluation plan.
Dates, times and Classes were changed and random thoughts in the text.

The entire process got in the way of good teaching.

There was no active teaching from teachers on actual teaching method. The whole exercise was designed to facilitate the generation of evidence.

What a fuck up the whole system is. By the end I was convinced that the whole shebang was designed to put-off anyone with a real teaching talent.
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Sunday Sermon 1st July 2012

Post by chaz wyman »

The Jesus Head wrote:
reasonvemotion wrote:TJH
The truth is that Amy Winehouse had no intention of killing herself .
In her most revealing lyric she writes : He hit me and it felt like a kiss.
And in her most revealing comment she states : I just came out of a relationship and was doing one destructive thing after another or (laughing) having a good time..
The irony that self harm is fun was an emphasis that she herself made.
For some drama ,passion and conflict ferment into the most potent of self destructive life styles wherein pleasure and pain dovetail .

In the end, Amy Winehouse died, from being herself.
Do you agree TJH, because she strayed from a meaningful existence and drank to excess, it was because she thought less of herself as a human being. In becoming self-deprecating, she weakened herself internally and made herself vulnerable to outside control. The excessive use of alcohol and illicit drugs. The reason for her demise, not consciously, was her lack of faith.
No I don't agree.
No one ever told her what to be. She was herself and
she loved every minute of the debauchery.
At the end she was a desolate washed-up individual , aware of her own tragedy and struggling in the attempt to rid herself of her destructive addictions.
She cut a tragic and pathetic figure being addicted to her "BLAKEY" and a range of legal and illegal drugs.
reasonvemotion
Posts: 1643
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 1:22 am

Re: Sunday Sermon 1st July 2012

Post by reasonvemotion »

TJH
The truth is that Amy Winehouse had no intention of killing herself .
In her most revealing lyric she writes : He hit me and it felt like a kiss.
And in her most revealing comment she states : I just came out of a relationship and was doing one destructive thing after another or (laughing) having a good time..
The irony that self harm is fun was an emphasis that she herself made.
For some drama ,passion and conflict ferment into the most potent of self destructive life styles wherein pleasure and pain dovetail .

In the end, Amy Winehouse died, from being herself.

Amy had a real slew of problems, bulimia, bipolar, addiction of drugs and alcohol, emphysema. I would say it all adds up to passive suicide.
Addiction was her escapism and the self harm a relief from the withdrawal of drugs. Her self destructive marriage was based on drug use. I think her bipolar, may have had something to do with her behavior. In the end she had to take responsibility, but the disease can even make that difficult to accept. Your romanticised summation of her life cancels out her real problems she struggled with during her lifetime.
User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12313
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: Sunday Sermon 1st July 2012

Post by Arising_uk »

The Jesus Head wrote:WHAT A FRAUDULENT MUPPET YOU ARE
:lol: :lol: :lol: Whadever liddle blanky helps you sleep safe and sound matey.

You really shouldn't judge others by your own light.
User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12313
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: Sunday Sermon 1st July 2012

Post by Arising_uk »

chaz wyman wrote:Fuck that \
'evidence based" teaching bullshit eh?
My entire Portfolio was computer generated from a four page Teaching plan and a 3 page evaluation plan.
Dates, times and Classes were changed and random thoughts in the text.

The entire process got in the way of good teaching.

There was no active teaching from teachers on actual teaching method. The whole exercise was designed to facilitate the generation of evidence.

What a fuck up the whole system is. By the end I was convinced that the whole shebang was designed to put-off anyone with a real teaching talent.
I agree and I think its to ensure evidence for funding purposes, as the FE and private NEET sectors are heavily reliant upon this.

I'm guessing you had an advantage over those who had never taught as I assume you had lots of previous practical experience.

A few good things tho' I think, ice-breakers, the lesson plan, learning to schedule the course syllabus over a semester and rapid assessment questionnaires. Making the major part of the course a placement with a mentor is also a positive.

I was pretty pissed-off when I realised that I should have done the school-teaching course if I wished full-time employment as FE looks to be effectively short-term part-time contracts and thats no use to me(although who wants to teach pre-16's!). Even better, when I finished my course they told me there was no chance I could even keep the course I had been teaching as they were having to cut a third of the dept. So no job and a bloody student loan to pay back. :roll: Still, its an addition to the skill-set and when 'they' start to slash and privatize the FE sector, which they will as its the biggest part of the education budget, I'll think about returning to teaching.

My take is that the FE sector has been used by New Labour to keep the youth dole figures down, rather than address the mess that the Tories left with respect to the their unemployed and their off-spring.

Remember the 'no more jobs for life' and 'life-long education'! Well the former is true for the bulk but the latter has been slashed with respect to adult-education just when its going to be needed more than ever.
User avatar
The Jesus Head
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 12:18 am
Location: Golgotha, Jerusalem

Re: Sunday Sermon 1st July 2012

Post by The Jesus Head »

Arising_uk wrote:
Its immaterial to me whether you believe it or not as bits of paper are bits of paper and mine are in a drawer somewhere.
Yes, a bought for uni degree, via the internet, is soon forgotten.
A bit of a waste, of $40, too.
[I suppose I could have said : A bit off a waste, off $40, to . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
User avatar
The Jesus Head
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 12:18 am
Location: Golgotha, Jerusalem

Re: Sunday Sermon 1st July 2012

Post by The Jesus Head »

Arising_uk wrote:
I cannot tell you how pleased I am that you portray me as a modern-day Socrates as one can only truly see themselves through others views.
Curb your delusions of grandeur. I said you think you are Socrates.
and if one can only truly see themselves through others views,as you say, then by
now , taking my views about you into consideration, you would have
seen yourself as an ill educated buffoon ; a fraud; a fantasist and a psychopath
who lies about his life because his life is a walking disaster area.
User avatar
The Jesus Head
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 12:18 am
Location: Golgotha, Jerusalem

Re: Sunday Sermon 1st July 2012

Post by The Jesus Head »

I hope no one misquotes me, in future ,by saying that I thought Arising was " a good sport".
what I said was, " Arising is good sport" :mrgreen:
User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12313
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: Sunday Sermon 1st July 2012

Post by Arising_uk »

The Jesus Head wrote:Curb your delusions of grandeur. I said you think you are Socrates.
and if one can only truly see themselves through others views,as you say, then by
now , taking my views about you into consideration, you would have
seen yourself as an ill educated buffoon ; a fraud; a fantasist and a psychopath
who lies about his life because his life is a walking disaster area.
:lol: Sleep tight now.

You really need to stop judging others by your own light.

You never did say what qualifications you've achieved that allows you to state these views?
User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12313
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: Sunday Sermon 1st July 2012

Post by Arising_uk »

The Jesus Head wrote:Yes, a bought for uni degree, via the internet, is soon forgotten.
A bit of a waste, of $40, too. ...
:lol: Experience speaking?
User avatar
The Jesus Head
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 12:18 am
Location: Golgotha, Jerusalem

Re: Sunday Sermon 1st July 2012

Post by The Jesus Head »

Arising_uk wrote:
The Jesus Head wrote:Curb your delusions of grandeur. I said you think you are Socrates.
and if one can only truly see themselves through others views,as you say, then by
now , taking my views about you into consideration, you would have
seen yourself as an ill educated buffoon ; a fraud; a fantasist and a psychopath
who lies about his life because his life is a walking disaster area.
:lol: Sleep tight now.

You really need to stop judging others by your own light.

You never did say what qualifications you've achieved that allows you to state these views?
Nothing new here.
If you are a teacher why are you not teaching?
Why are you a janitor?
Fact is, you don't know of from off and to from too and that means there
is NO WAY you could ever be a teacher.
You would have to write essays to qualify as a teacher and the
examining board would never allow such a dumb fuck
to pass, writing of instead of off and to instead of too.

I't is the height of ignorance not to know these basic English rules.
Even a child knows the difference .
These are first grade English lesson rules.
I am sorry but I have to say you are a fraud and fantasy merchant basically
getting off on this site by bandying fantasy degrees.

Why don't you pull yourself together and face reality?
Why are you trying to get attention by perpetrating this
total charade ?

If I ad this observation about you, to the total drivel you write here,
based on Occam's Razor, you are clearly a grade A fantasy merchant.

Now why do you not get off my posts and stop stalking me like
a creep?
What a complete loser you are. :o
User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12313
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: Sunday Sermon 1st July 2012

Post by Arising_uk »

The Jesus Head wrote:Nothing new here. ...
True, as yet again you fail to answer a question.
If you are a teacher why are you not teaching?
Because over here FE is pretty much a short-term contract, part-time job and I can't currently accept such conditions.
Why are you a janitor?
Did I say I was? I said I was currently of the working-class ilk. Still, nice to see you proving yourself a prize son of the bourgeois prat.
Fact is, you don't know of from off and to from too and that means there
is NO WAY you could ever be a teacher.
You would have to write essays to qualify as a teacher and the
examining board would never allow such a dumb fuck
to pass, writing of instead of off and to instead of too.
It is a fact that you have to write essays to obtain a post-graduate teaching certificate, so good job the exam board found mine acceptable enough to award me one.
I't is the height of ignorance not to know these basic English rules.
Even a child knows the difference .
These are first grade English lesson rules.
I am sorry but I have to say you are a fraud and fantasy merchant basically
getting off on this site by bandying fantasy degrees.
Is i't? :lol: Snuggle-up safe and sound now.

I did not 'bandy' them, I responded to a challenge of what qualified me to say what I did. That it appears to upset some people just shows how insecure some are with respect to academia. Probably because they failed themselves or maybe because they didn't? Who knows or cares.
Why don't you pull yourself together and face reality?
Why are you trying to get attention by perpetrating this
total charade ?
I'm not. What are you getting from your delusions, a good nights sleep?
If I ad this observation about you, to the total drivel you write here,
based on Occam's Razor, you are clearly a grade A fantasy merchant.
Stop judging others by your own light.

Given your views I'd get someone to proof read your posts before you submit otherwise someone could ad something observational.

But I'm still hearing a big *silence* about what qualifies you to judge such things?

I am surprised tho' as you seem very bitter and envious for someone who has a beach-house, is a professional gambler, works in the music biz and is a big man upon campus. Whats making you so unsatisfied? Tell you what! Why don't you lay your head on your size 8 model's silicon breasts and get her to soothe your tortured brow - *There, there, has the nasty over-qualified loser made you all upset? You just have a nice sleepy-weepy and pretend it's all not true, you's a big, big, real man, me wuv u long-time* Or instead why not get some yourself? Its not that difficult, just discipline, five or six years, economic hardship, sweat and tears and a few panic attacks. Easy-Peasy. After all, if I can do it anyone can.
Now why do you not get off my posts and stop stalking me like
a creep?
What a complete loser you are. :o
Hold on bunky! I told you I had no intention of commenting upon this post as whilst it made its point I personally found it derivative, uncontroversial and quite frankly dull. It was your trolling for my attention that led me to post as I'm not the type to let down my despising public.

Yours,
Arising_uk BA(Hons)Phil, MSc FAIT, DIC, PGCE
User avatar
The Jesus Head
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 12:18 am
Location: Golgotha, Jerusalem

Re: Sunday Sermon 1st July 2012

Post by The Jesus Head »

[quote="Arising_uk"
There, there, has the nasty over-qualified loser made you all upset? You just have a nice sleepy-weepy and pretend it's all not true, you's a big, big, real man, me wuv u long-time* Or instead why not get some yourself?
What a wus you are. A mommy's boy who probably sleeps with a teddy.
As for me being a big man I would make allowances for you in real life.
I wouldn't knock you out, I would just BITCH SLAP YOU .Because i couldn't hit a woman or LAME GAY FAGGOT.
Post Reply