Sunday Sermon 1st July 2012

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

artisticsolution

Re: Sunday Sermon 1st July 2012

Post by artisticsolution »

Lynn wrote:
reasonvemotion wrote:http://www.zastavki.com/eng/Music/Amy_W ... 101-16.htm

The makers of Mooncup, a new feminine hygiene product, are surveying women around the world, trying to break the taboo surrounding women’s reproductive organs…. To promote their product, Mooncup bosses are asking ladies to log onto loveyourvagina.com and reveal the nicknames they use for their vaginas

"I call it my little Va-Jew-Jew". Thanks for the info Amy.
Thanks Reasonvemotion, I hadn't realised Mooncup was such a recent product but great to hear it getting celebrity endorsement. I've found it very eco friendly and cost effective but it can be a bit cumbersome to use ;).

Oh God forbid things get cumbersome that time of the month! Once my husband and I and another couple who are close friends went to paris for a week. During the trip my husband and hers began to tease us with the nicknames, "Spot" and "Flo", I won't say who was which but, I have to say "Flo" had the hardest time finding supplies there. Now I don't know if all groceries stores are this way in Paris, but the one we went into did not sell feminine products! Can you believe that?! We were directed to a drug store!

Finally, we make it to the drug store but try as we may we went up and down the isles but could not find the darn things! I suppose we looked crazy walking up and down the aisles because the store clerk...who was a man... came up to us and asked us in French what we were looking for....unfortunately we could not tell him because none of us knew the french word for them.

Luckily, Spot's husband got a terrific idea, he pointed to his genitals/crotch area and then pointed to us! :shock: It finally dawned on the clerk what we were there to purchase! Laughing, he directed us to the correct aisle and the crisis was averted. :oops:

However, I could not help but think how inconvenient for women there to not be able to have one stop shopping...esp on those days when one may not feel well. What the hell is up with that? Really?!

Oh...and I did not name mine...but it has been referred to as "The Golden Panocha". :lol:
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

I just loved your response AS, I just cracked up laughing. To be fair to TJH and give him the "respect for this most serious topic, Amy Winehouse" I will post the article in its entirety. BTW, I have not the faintest idea about this product Amy was promoting :?
"Amy Winehouse has been something of a disappointment as a singer, but at least she… wait a minute, it’s coming to me…. No, she’s pretty much a failure at everything. She didn’t even have the common courtesy to die two years ago, when my death pool winnings would have paid a couple of months’ rent. The only area where Amy’s excelled is failure itself, something at which she’s a riproaring success. All of this is to say that Amy Winehouse is hardly your designated spokesperson for any product in the world.

The makers of Mooncup, a new feminine hygiene product, are surveying women around the world, trying to break the taboo surrounding women’s reproductive organs…. To promote their product, Mooncup bosses are asking ladies to log onto loveyourvagina.com and reveal the nicknames they use for their vaginas.

Amy surged right out of the gate and became the first celebrity to endorse this TMI trend. She logged onto the website and told the world, “I call it my little Va-Jew-Jew.” Thanks for the info, Amy".
The Jesus Head

Post by The Jesus Head »

Arising_uk wrote:
Two degrees please and a postgraduate certificate of education. What is your excuse for not having such things?
Hahaha :x so you really expect us to believe that someone with two degrees and a post grad cert. does not know the difference between to ,to, of ,off !
You are a complete fraud and Rick Lewis's chicken . Cluck,cluck. :mrgreen:
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Its immaterial to me whether you believe it or not as bits of paper are bits of paper and mine are in a drawer somewhere. :D

Got a diagnosis for the question answering aversion yet? As you appear to be terminally suffering from it.

Once again, what qualifications do you hold that allow you to be the judge of others qualifications?

Yours,
Arising_uk BA(Hons)Phil, MSc FAIT, DIC, PGCE FE Woof! Woof! :lol:
The Jesus Head

Post by The Jesus Head »

[quote="Arising_uk"
Yours,
Arising_uk BA(Hons)Phil, MSc FAIT, DIC, PGCE FE Woof! Woof! :
Arising_uk DIC K .
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

reasonvemotion wrote:I just loved your response AS, I just cracked up laughing. To be fair to TJH and give him the "respect for this most serious topic, Amy Winehouse" I will post the article in its entirety. BTW, I have not the faintest idea about this product Amy was promoting :?

Thanks Reasonvemotion!
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

:D Yeah! As I said before, that's my favourite as well! Diploma of Imperial College, you see they're such a bunch of old fuddy-duddys that they refused to give it up when they joined the University of London so they still give it with their Msc. :mrgreen:

You over-killed it with the K tho'. I prefer to just say I'm a certified DIC. Me and Brian May :lol:
The Jesus Head

Post by The Jesus Head »

Arising_uk wrote::D Yeah! As I said before, that's my favourite as well! Diploma of Imperial College, you see they're such a bunch of old fuddy-duddys that they refused to give it up when they joined the University of London so they still give it with their Msc. :mrgreen:

You over-killed it with the K tho'. I prefer to just say I'm a certified DIC. Me and Brian May :lol:
I am sorry but I don't buy it. Off of to too is not something that someone with many qualifications would falter on.
You are a grade A fantasist in my book .
Just admit you made it up .At least show some honesty.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

:lol: I'm not selling you anything lad.

Now if I said I had an English Degree I'd accept your objections but you'll not find "too" or "off" used much in philosophy nor advanced IT nor in the PGCE as I was teaching ICT.

But I do thank you, as just by your lonesome you have made the sweat, hard work and three panic attacks all worthwhile.

Ever going to say what qualifies you to be such an expert upon such matters?
The Jesus Head

Post by The Jesus Head »

Arising_uk wrote:
Now if I said I had an English Degree I'd accept your objections but you'll not find "too" or "off" used much in philosophy nor advanced IT nor in the PGCE as I was teaching ICT.
:shock: I cannot believe that I just read that !
You do not find prepositions or adverbs used much in philosophy, or IT !

In court room advocacy, when a barrister hears the coup de grass of self incrimination he always faces the bench and says " no further questions."
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Would she? You claiming to be a legal expert as well now? My what a list of qualifications you don't say you have.

I'd could as well use "as well" but I'm definitely sure that "off" would be rare in philosophy, although "of" would make many an appearance. In ICT "off" as in now turn your mobile off would also occur but there's not much writing going-on in that subject at the NEET level.

Have you had enough attention now? As it is getting boring. Much like your original post.

Although I would still like your diagnosis upon those who have a terminal aversion to answering questions?
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

TJH
The truth is that Amy Winehouse had no intention of killing herself .
In her most revealing lyric she writes : He hit me and it felt like a kiss.
And in her most revealing comment she states : I just came out of a relationship and was doing one destructive thing after another or (laughing) having a good time..
The irony that self harm is fun was an emphasis that she herself made.
For some drama ,passion and conflict ferment into the most potent of self destructive life styles wherein pleasure and pain dovetail .

In the end, Amy Winehouse died, from being herself.

Do you agree TJH, because she strayed from a meaningful existence and drank to excess, it was because she thought less of herself as a human being. In becoming self-deprecating, she weakened herself internally and made herself vulnerable to outside control. The excessive use of alcohol and illicit drugs. The reason for her demise, not consciously, was her lack of faith.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Arising_uk wrote::lol: I'm not selling you anything lad.

But I do thank you, as just by your lonesome you have made the sweat, hard work and three panic attacks all worthwhile.

You have a PGCE in IT? Me too. Where did you get yours?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

:) Portfolio 'stormtrooper' me!

Greenwich with placement at Lewisham FE.
The Jesus Head

Post by The Jesus Head »

chaz wyman wrote:
Arising_uk wrote::lol: I'm not selling you anything lad.

You have a PGCE in IT? Me too. Where did you get yours?
SOCK PUPPET