Grown ups are stupid

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Kayla
Posts: 1217
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:31 am

Re: Grown ups are stupid

Post by Kayla »

chaz wyman wrote: No it would make you a damn fool the moment you grew up - like that is going to happen any time soon ---- not.
11 more months and i am officially a grown up

old enough to vote

old enough to join the military should i totally lose my mind

old enough to become a porn star or a stripper

3 more years and 11 months before i can legally drink alcohol once again wtf
User avatar
The Jesus Head
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 12:18 am
Location: Golgotha, Jerusalem

Re: Grown ups are stupid

Post by The Jesus Head »

but adults - not children or teenagers - claim superior wisdom on the basis of making a few extra trips around the sun
it is this claim that i am attacking
Granted. Well as I have said ; find the smartest adults you can and ask questions.
Then make up your own mind. In the end knowledge is power.
User avatar
The Jesus Head
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 12:18 am
Location: Golgotha, Jerusalem

Re: Grown ups are stupid

Post by The Jesus Head »

You seem to have misread and misunderstood Arising's statement, which I took to mean merely that his academic credentials would be enough to satisfy John Gray that he wasn't "a philistine clot of the lowest water line".
John Gray rubs shoulders with some of the world's leading intellectuals.
Arising is not even pimple on the backside of these people.
It does seem to me that you are in a very poor position to complain about the insults you receive from Arising and others. In this case it is clear that Arising was defending himself against a previous, highly insulting remark of your own.
My grievance was not about insults it was about his credibility.
Perhaps you could provide an example better calculated to win a philosopher's sympathy and support—that is, one where you have been insulted by Arising without provocation.
What we have is an Arising critique of John Gray considered to be a world class thinker.
Arising is a pretentious fool.
User avatar
The Jesus Head
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 12:18 am
Location: Golgotha, Jerusalem

Re: Grown ups are stupid

Post by The Jesus Head »

Kayla wrote:
chaz wyman wrote: No it would make you a damn fool the moment you grew up - like that is going to happen any time soon ---- not.
11 more months and i am officially a grown up

old enough to vote

old enough to join the military should i totally lose my mind

old enough to become a porn star or a stripper

3 more years and 11 months before i can legally drink alcohol once again wtf
You might do well with option 4 with the Cat Woman get up.
User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12313
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: Grown ups are stupid

Post by Arising_uk »

The Jesus Head wrote:John Gray rubs shoulders with some of the world's leading intellectuals.
Arising is not even pimple on the backside of these people. ...
:lol: So you're a "Its not what you know but who you know kinda guy". Figures.
My grievance was not about insults it was about his credibility.
And you'd base this upon what in this medium?
What we have is an Arising critique of John Gray considered to be a world class thinker.
Arising is a pretentious fool.
Maybe, but a pretentious fool with only one less higher education qualification than your 'hero'. One who also has achieved in two different disciplines, the Arts and the Sciences, a fairly rare occurrence I'm sure you'll not agree. Can you say as much? As such, and unlike you, I find myself not overawed by those who hold such things, respect but not awe(as I've met them). But from what I gather of what you've said so far what you are actually impressed by is the commercial success. Now envious I might be but from a philosophical perspective the mercantile aspect holds little weight, despite the 'masses' buying it.
p.s.
I've not actually attempted any critique of Prof Gray works, this is your selective reading at work. What I have done is expressed an opinion of the use of literature in a supposed work of philosophy as it leads those who have read philosophy to think its emotive politics rather than pure philosophy. Seems to have worked in your case.
Last edited by Arising_uk on Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Grown ups are stupid

Post by chaz wyman »

Kayla wrote:
chaz wyman wrote: No it would make you a damn fool the moment you grew up - like that is going to happen any time soon ---- not.
11 more months and i am officially a grown up

old enough to vote

old enough to join the military should i totally lose my mind

old enough to become a porn star or a stripper

3 more years and 11 months before i can legally drink alcohol once again wtf
You need more than years to grow up.
User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5549
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Star Dust Metamorphosis

Re: Grown ups are stupid

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

The Jesus Head wrote:
You seem to have misread and misunderstood Arising's statement, which I took to mean merely that his academic credentials would be enough to satisfy John Gray that he wasn't "a philistine clot of the lowest water line".
John Gray rubs shoulders with some of the world's leading intellectuals.
Arising is not even pimple on the backside of these people.
It does seem to me that you are in a very poor position to complain about the insults you receive from Arising and others. In this case it is clear that Arising was defending himself against a previous, highly insulting remark of your own.
My grievance was not about insults it was about his credibility.
Perhaps you could provide an example better calculated to win a philosopher's sympathy and support—that is, one where you have been insulted by Arising without provocation.
What we have is an Arising critique of John Gray considered to be a world class thinker.
This means you are a clone, a puppet that merely parrots what others think. So I consider you a fool, not a thinker, not a philosopher, merely a boy trying on his fathers boxers, that have fallen around his ankles, such that you continually trip on presumption!

Arising is a pretentious fool.
User avatar
The Jesus Head
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 12:18 am
Location: Golgotha, Jerusalem

Re: Grown ups are stupid

Post by The Jesus Head »

This means you are a clone, a puppet that merely parrots what others think.


It is a fact that my views coincide with some of the world's greatest thinkers and not Arising or yourself. But the fact is you are the pot calling the kettle black. You are an Arising
sycophant . A boy scout with his finger pledge right up the backside of Arising.
So I consider you a fool, not a thinker, not a philosopher, merely a boy trying on his fathers boxers, that have fallen around his ankles, such that you continually trip on presumption!
The fact that the likes of you calls me a fool is a great endorsement of my credibility.
For if a babbling fool like you agreed with my views I would be surprised.
User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5549
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Star Dust Metamorphosis

Re: Grown ups are stupid

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

The Jesus Head wrote:
This means you are a clone, a puppet that merely parrots what others think.


It is a fact that my views coincide with some of the world's greatest thinkers and not Arising or yourself.
Or so you say, how convenient, that you let it 'slip,' that you are comfortable, under the shelter of another's beliefs. No my boy, you're merely a fool of a parrot.


But the fact is you are the pot calling the kettle black. You are an Arising
sycophant . A boy scout with his finger pledge right up the backside of Arising.
You are clearly ignorant of our relationship, as with your generalizations, your inability to discern specific details.
So I consider you a fool, not a thinker, not a philosopher, merely a boy trying on his fathers boxers, that have fallen around his ankles, such that you continually trip on presumption!
The fact that the likes of you calls me a fool is a great endorsement of my credibility.
If you repeat this over and over you may come to eventually believe it.

For if a babbling fool like you agreed with my views I would be surprised.
Did you mean babbling as to my conveyance, or as to your understanding?
User avatar
The Jesus Head
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 12:18 am
Location: Golgotha, Jerusalem

Re: Grown ups are stupid

Post by The Jesus Head »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
The Jesus Head wrote:
This means you are a clone, a puppet that merely parrots what others think.


It is a fact that my views coincide with some of the world's greatest thinkers and not Arising or yourself.
Or so you say, how convenient, that you let it 'slip,' that you are comfortable, under the shelter of another's beliefs. No my boy, you're merely a fool of a parrot.


But the fact is you are the pot calling the kettle black. You are an Arising
sycophant . A boy scout with his finger pledge right up the backside of Arising.
You are clearly ignorant of our relationship, as with your generalizations, your inability to discern specific details.
So I consider you a fool, not a thinker, not a philosopher, merely a boy trying on his fathers boxers, that have fallen around his ankles, such that you continually trip on presumption!
The fact that the likes of you calls me a fool is a great endorsement of my credibility.
If you repeat this over and over you may come to eventually believe it.

For if a babbling fool like you agreed with my views I would be surprised.
Did you mean babbling as to my conveyance, or as to your understanding?
As my last remark to you before I cast you into the wilderness with Chaz Whyman and Arising
I would refer you back to your own signature on your profile :
"If we only knew what we thought we knew."
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Grown ups are stupid

Post by chaz wyman »

The Jesus Head wrote: As my last remark to you before I cast you into the wilderness with Chaz Whyman and Arising
I would refer you back to your own signature on your profile :
"If we only knew what we thought we knew."
Try and spell, moron.
Last edited by chaz wyman on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Kayla
Posts: 1217
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:31 am

Re: Grown ups are stupid

Post by Kayla »

chaz wyman wrote:
You need more than years to grow up.
wasnt that kind of my point
User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5549
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Star Dust Metamorphosis

Re: Grown ups are stupid

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
The Jesus Head wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:This means you are a clone, a puppet that merely parrots what others think.
It is a fact that my views coincide with some of the world's greatest thinkers and not Arising or yourself.
Or so you say, how convenient, that you let it 'slip,' that you are comfortable, under the shelter of another's beliefs. No my boy, you're merely a fool of a parrot.
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
The Jesus Head wrote:But the fact is you are the pot calling the kettle black. You are an Arising sycophant . A boy scout with his finger pledge right up the backside of Arising.
You are clearly ignorant of our relationship, as with your generalizations, your inability to discern specific details.
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
The Jesus Head wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:So I consider you a fool, not a thinker, not a philosopher, merely a boy trying on his fathers boxers, that have fallen around his ankles, such that you continually trip on presumption!
The fact that the likes of you calls me a fool is a great endorsement of my credibility.
If you repeat this over and over you may come to eventually believe it.
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
The Jesus Head wrote:For if a babbling fool like you agreed with my views I would be surprised.
Did you mean babbling as to my conveyance, or as to your understanding?
The Jesus Head wrote:As my last remark to you before I cast you into the wilderness with Chaz Whyman and Arising I would refer you back to your own signature on your profile :
"If we only knew what we thought we knew."
Yes it is true, obviously you don't understand it, with remarks like "before I cast you into the wilderness," as to understand it precludes such remarks.
User avatar
Kayla
Posts: 1217
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:31 am

Re: Grown ups are stupid

Post by Kayla »

i think much of the above only strengthens my original thesis
chaz wyman
Posts: 5305
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: Grown ups are stupid

Post by chaz wyman »

Kayla wrote:i think much of the above only strengthens my original thesis
All grown ups were once kids. When will you turn out to be stupid?
Post Reply