Philosophy Now Radio Show - every Tuesday!

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

RickLewis

Philosophy Now Radio Show - every Tuesday!

Post by RickLewis »

The Philosophy Now Radio Show hosted by my colleague Grant Bartley is now being broadcast live every Tuesday on Resonance FM from 7:00-8:00pm BST. You can listen to it either on 104.4fm if you are in the London area, or via the Resonance FM website at http://resonancefm.com/ if you are anywhere else.

We're putting all the shows onto a special podcast page on the Philosophy Now website soon after each one is broadcast:

http://philosophynow.org/podcasts

There are a dozen shows there already, covering a wide variety of topics.
spike

Re: Philosophy Now Radio Show - every Tuesday!

Post by spike »

Rick,

What a wonderful addition!
lancek4

Post by lancek4 »

That is soo cool! I know you guys are out oh th UK.
I am not so familiar with 'new tech' stuff. I imagine it is only braodcast locally to you. Maybe one day : syndication !

But for now, USA people can onlu get it thru the internet?? Is this correct?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Not positive but I thought a podcast can be listened to by anyone as its an internet thing. Is it licensed?
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

i listened to 2 of them last night, 'Wittgenstein’s Art Class' and 'Introduction To Quantum'. (i live in the U.S. and it went through). i also read the beginning of Grant Bartleys book. i really appreciated all of it. thank you.:)
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

lancek4 wrote:That is soo cool! I know you guys are out oh th UK.
I am not so familiar with 'new tech' stuff. I imagine it is only braodcast locally to you. Maybe one day : syndication !

But for now, USA people can onlu get it thru the internet?? Is this correct?
That's right. You can only get it on your radio if you are in London, but you can listen to it anywhere in the world via the internet from Resonance FM's site, and you can also download the podcast from the Philosophy Now website anywhere in the world, as Arising_UK says. Syndication would be nice but meanwhile I think an increasing number of radio listeners these days are listening via the internet anyway!

I'm glad people like them. All the credit is due to Grant for creating the radio show and to Bora Dogan for creating the podcast page.
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

i liked the part from 'Wittgensteins Art Class' that was an excerpt from the play, where Wittgenstein was i believe underneath a tree, and i believe it was a passerby who (or was it him) who said, 'he is not insane, he's a philosopher'. or perhaps, he might've said this. i liked that part.
JasonPalmer

Post by JasonPalmer »

cool that they mention the revolutionary tent dwellers :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq3BYw4xjxE
JasonPalmer

Post by JasonPalmer »

great podcast on free will is up on the site at the mo, groovy
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

After a lengthy absence the Philosophy Now Radio Show will return to the airwaves tomorrow (Sunday) at 5pm.

Grant Bartley will be hosting a live discussion about David Hume. The show will be broadcast on Resonance FM and will be put onto the Philosophy Now site as a podcast shortly afterward. Our podcast page is here: http://philosophynow.org/podcasts
mallihamalliha

Post by mallihamalliha »

that is great news..... thank you very much
sjeff70

Post by sjeff70 »

I'd like to see them added to the podcast section.
RogerFarinha

Post by RogerFarinha »

I submitted a yet unpublished article titled: "Populism and the 'Masters of Mankind'" to the Philosophy Now magazine. If they published it, I think it would make great fodder for discussion on such a program.

This article is about how Chomsky's book "Who Rules the World?" informed an earlier article of mine, written before I read him. I offer in my article a quite profound, if I do say so myself, picture of the "constellation of present global society" in terms of the various "types" of human beings vying for power...
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

RogerFarinha wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:13 pm I submitted a yet unpublished article titled: "Populism and the 'Masters of Mankind'" to the Philosophy Now magazine. If they published it, I think it would make great fodder for discussion on such a program.

This article is about how Chomsky's book "Who Rules the World?" informed an earlier article of mine, written before I read him. I offer in my article a quite profound, if I do say so myself, picture of the "constellation of present global society" in terms of the various "types" of human beings vying for power...
Sounds a lot like Fantasy Island." Boss, de plane, deplane." Never know what idiot is going to land and pollute the island.

At least Astrologers, make pretty pictures with them.
phyllo

Post by phyllo »

RogerFarinha wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:13 pm I submitted a yet unpublished article titled: "Populism and the 'Masters of Mankind'" to the Philosophy Now magazine. If they published it, I think it would make great fodder for discussion on such a program.

Links?