Is it possible evolution is dead, and we killed it?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Satyr

Re: Is it possible evolution is dead, and we killed it?

Post by Satyr »

Dear imbecile...you are simply taking my terms and throwing them back at me.

Turd, if you truly accept evolution then you must accept tis uncaring, unjust decrees and the fact that no matter how much you try to exempt yourself from them that they apply to you and they are ongoing.

Evolution is not about equality, turd...though you will have us believe that pretending it is so makes it so or is preferable to the alternative.
Pretending only means we are hypocritical for self-serving - yes egotistical - reasons. I know how rough it is to accept the term ego as your own...being that you've been trained to consider it evil or derogatory.

Natural selection is a selection...of what turd?
Goodness...Virtue...Kindness...
mtmynd1

Post by mtmynd1 »

Satyr wrote:Dear imbecile...you are simply taking my terms and throwing them back at me.

Turd, if you truly accept evolution then you must accept tis uncaring, unjust decrees and the fact that no matter how much you try to exempt yourself from them that they apply to you and they are ongoing.

Evolution is not about equality, turd...though you will have us believe that pretending it is so makes it so or is preferable to the alternative.
Pretending only means we are hypocritical for self-serving - yes egotistical - reasons. I know how rough it is to accept the term ego as your own...being that you've been trained to consider it evil or derogatory.

Natural selection is a selection...of what turd?
Goodness...Virtue...Kindness...

I had forgotten during my hiatus from here how poorly equipped you are at responding. One would think, given the course of evolution (change), that you yourself would accept change. But what is it I read from the mighty satyr? same tired old cheap shots showing what a burned out sewer-induced moron you truly are. I'm sure if you still have a father that he has to be really disappointed by your hiding yourself behind this continuing shlock of "satyr". Have you told your son of this persona and how foolish so many see you? How many years ago was it when we first met up... 2-3 years and after all this time I return to find not one new wit about you and your boyfriend, 'aposha the piece'... still hammering out at individuals with a jealousy that is seemingly all there is to you and yours. that is truly sad.

Nowhere in my responses will you find me stating evolution is about equality, goat head. anyone with half a brain or even half hu'man should know that. the closest to 'equality' you will ever find is EVERYTHING and EVERYONE is subjected to change.

Your pride in your own EGO is typical of those who refuse to know thyself... a frightful prospect that must not ever be demystified. As the child in you will certainly understand when I tell you: "scare-dy cat." For you to actual believe that you are "satyr" or a grand invention of one, shows you to be in denial to what you really are behind that mask that gives you your balls to attack those who you feel are better than you. Again, you are a sad waste, satyr... and even sadder given how long you've continued this charade. Perhaps Marvel Comics can offer you a better road to travel than trolling sites such as these.

You write of "natural selection" but forget you also are part of that grand 'selection' and anyone with any brains (perhaps a half-hu'man is ill-equipped to have a full brain..?) But in truth, this 'natural selection' is meaningless without including the entirety of existence and even then existence is all there is and naturally so. The selection is our own hu'man intervention in an attempt to further our understanding of the Grand Mystery that all existence faces daily. But that line of thinking is far beyond your ability, turd.
Last edited by mtmynd1 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

Hey Cecil....nice to see you. How've ya been?
mtmynd1

Post by mtmynd1 »

artisticsolution wrote:Hey Cecil....nice to see you. How've ya been?
Very well, thank you, A/S. It's nice seeing you still here and about. :D
Satyr

Post by Satyr »

multimoron1 wrote:I had forgotten during my hiatus from here how poorly equipped you are at responding.
Memory is the second thing to go.
multimoron1 wrote: One would think, given the course of evolution (change), that you yourself would accept change. But what is it I read from the mighty satyr? same tired old cheap shots showing what a burned out sewer-induced moron you truly are.
It's a nice place.
multimoron1 wrote: I'm sure if you still have a father that he has to be really disappointed by your hiding yourself behind this continuing shlock of "satyr".
He's proud o me...wherever he is.
multimoron1 wrote: Have you told your son of this persona and how foolish so many see you?
I wear masks everyday...unlike you turds I have seen my real face in the mirror.
multimoron1 wrote:How many years ago was it when we first met up... 2-3 years and after all this time I return to find not one new wit about you and your boyfriend, 'aposha the piece'... still hammering out at individuals with a jealousy that is seemingly all there is to you and yours. that is truly sad.
Good times...good times.
It's called a bromance. Some of us are loyal to your own kind.
multimoron1 wrote:Nowhere in my responses will you find me stating evolution is about equality, goat head. anyone with half a brain or even half hu'man should know that. the closest to 'equality' you will ever find is EVERYTHING and EVERYONE is subjected to change.
You were boring..so I used you to respond to another.
multimoron1 wrote:Your pride in your own EGO is typical of those who refuse to know thyself... a frightful prospect that must not ever be demystified.
I am proud and egotistical...this is true. You are a hypocrite who wears faces you are convinced are real....or more real than the real.
multimoron1 wrote:As the child in you will certainly understand when I tell you: "scare-dy cat."
You are so hurtful...turd.
multimoron1 wrote:For you to actual believe that you are "satyr" or a grand invention of one, shows you to be in denial to what you really are behind that mask that gives you your balls to attack those who you feel are better than you.
this about sums up the quality of your judgments.
I do live in the forest.
multimoron1 wrote:Again, you are a sad waste, satyr... and even sadder given how long you've continued this charade. Perhaps Marvel Comics can offer you a better road to travel than trolling sites such as these.
I am indeed. I also hate females, niggers, I have a small penis, I am insane, I was never loved, can't get laid, I live in my mother's basement, I am intimidated by strong females, I am a loser, I do not have friends, I am lonely and indeed sad and I am a sociopath....because I think feminism and affirmative action is a form of leveling.
multimoron1 wrote:You write of "natural selection" but forget you also are part of that grand 'selection' and anyone with any brains (perhaps a half-hu'man is ill-equipped to have a full brain..?)
I...I...I am?
I am part of nature, you mean?
Am I also mortal?

Wow...you are stupid.
multimoron1 wrote:But in truth, this 'natural selection' is meaningless without including the entirety of existence and even then existence is all there is and naturally so. The selection is our own hu'man intervention in an attempt to further our understanding of the Grand Mystery that all existence faces daily. But that line of thinking is far beyond your ability, turd.
I know....when Big Brother makes sure idiots like you are safe form their own stupidity this expands human understanding and connects us with a higher purpose.
mtmynd1

Post by mtmynd1 »

Satyr wrote:I know....when Big Brother makes sure idiots like you are safe form their own stupidity this expands human understanding and connects us with a higher purpose.
You have honored me by spending so much time replying to my post, dolt.
Satyr

Post by Satyr »

Nah...it was leftover from the other moron I toyed with.,

He ran off.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

mickthinks wrote:LOL - it's probably worth pointing out that many of us (most of us, I think) find Satyr's style of communication unsatisfactory and don't bother with him. By all means try and make it work for you but don't feel bad if you come to the same conclusion as we did.

Mick
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
You misunderstand. Engineering a nitrogen fixing wheat plant is happening now, and when I said the 'frankenstein scenario' has to be rejected, I mean its rubbish. The plant will not turn around and kill us. A failed solution is a dead plant, with no hope of success, it will not take up legs and walk.
All the technology does is to combine pre-existing naturally occurring genes in a novel combination. It either works of does not, end of story.
But the potential benefit would be a massive reduction in pollution.
Until we address the big problems such as population and the continued destruction of the environment for ever more human buildings, then we have to find these solutions if we are to avoid further mass starvation.
OK, I stand corrected, I obviously misunderstood your meaning. So I say this: I think it more appropriate to address these issues that you've raised by calling into question mans selfishness. It is more intelligent to regulate mankind's numbers and technologies, as continued unregulated breeding and dirty, wasteful technologies is sure, one hundred percent, to continue to raise even more complicated concerns that we are as yet unaware, as our biosphere is indeed limited. Balance is the key, and I'm not talking on the point of a needle.
There is nothing very sinister about genetic engineering when you see it in action. Based on a choice between that and the horrors of what you would have to do commit to reduce the human population I'd choose GM any time.
Failure in GM means a crap plant that will not evolve or survive in nature. THe press have enjoyed the "frankenstein" story but its 100% hype, and without merit.
GM is safe.
lazyfordumbpeople444

Post by lazyfordumbpeople444 »

cyberstone wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:02 am If a group of dolphins, or apes, or bees, or big feet, evolved to possess mental and social skills that rivaled man's, such animals would recognize the threat humans posed. Conflicts would be inevitable. We humans, having thousands of years of technological advances in our pockets, would end up killing such beings.

Is it possible that evolution, from an order of beings prior to the human towards the human, is dead?

I think the answer is clearly yes. When we evolved, we began killing mammoths for food, and we began protecting ourselves from animals much more physically powerful than us, all because nothing was nearly as smart with complicated divisions of labor, possession of tools such as fire and weapons, etc. But this was tens if not hundreds of thousands of years ago. We now have that much of a head start on the next animal who might be plunged by nature into the world of analytical, abstract planning. The type of brutal self-preservation that led to the invention of the city park and the tempurpedic pillow, just isn't going to happen again while we are around. True, meaningful evolutionary advances below us, are dead.

Any way out?
Darwin's evolution was always dead, because it never existed to begin with. So your question is answered.
lazyfordumbpeople444

Post by lazyfordumbpeople444 »

chaz wyman wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:21 pm
Danielk wrote:We may have changed the course of evolution, but we didn't kill it. The animals and plants that are still alive will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
There is no 'course of evolution' as if it were predetermined. We are the result of evolution and so in that sense we, like all other forms of life determine the next steps. We are no more immune to taking a path that would destroy us than any other living thing.

Evolution is not a cause of change, it is a thing that happens when things change. Successful things are what have evolved. Thus evolution is a thing that cannot be killed. Species come and go, as do their environments, but evolution is a consequence of this regardless.
Darwin's evolution is complete bullshit, there is absolutely more evidence that this is false than anything else. Then why you firmly assume "we are the cause of evolution", when we clearly aren't.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

lazyfordumbpeople444 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:10 am
chaz wyman wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:21 pm
Danielk wrote:We may have changed the course of evolution, but we didn't kill it. The animals and plants that are still alive will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
There is no 'course of evolution' as if it were predetermined. We are the result of evolution and so in that sense we, like all other forms of life determine the next steps. We are no more immune to taking a path that would destroy us than any other living thing.

Evolution is not a cause of change, it is a thing that happens when things change. Successful things are what have evolved. Thus evolution is a thing that cannot be killed. Species come and go, as do their environments, but evolution is a consequence of this regardless.
Darwin's evolution is complete bullshit, there is absolutely more evidence that this is false than anything else. Then why you firmly assume "we are the cause of evolution", when we clearly aren't.
No, it's not complete BS! Like every other science type person, sure he was mistaken about a few things. But overall it was a breakthrough. You, my friend, have not supplied any valid arguments for your position. How about some of that?

Peace, People!
Greta

Post by Greta »

It would seem apt that an evolution denier should arrive six years late.

You'd think that such confident rebuttals of one of the most successful and robust of all theories would need more content than "nyah nyah, it's all bullshit".
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Is it possible evolution is dead, and we killed it?
There really is a beneficent God after all! Hallelujah!