Philosophy undermines truth

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Skepdick

Re: Philosophy undermines truth

Post by Skepdick »

Age wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:22 am ALL of these are EXTREMELY SIMPLE and EASY TO DO.
The number of times you've said this is extremely simple and easy to do: Lost count.
The number ot times you've done this extremely simple and easy thing: 0.

Post by Age »

Skepdick wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 6:42 am
Age wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:22 am ALL of these are EXTREMELY SIMPLE and EASY TO DO.
The number of times you've said this is extremely simple and easy to do: Lost count.
WHO CARES?

How many times this one 'conveniently' LEAVES OUT text and context in replies is ASTONISHING.

I ALREADY EXPLAINED what NEEDED TO BE DONE here, FIRST, for me TO THEN DO what I CLAIM is EXTREMELY SIMPLE and EASY TO DO here.

As ABSOLUTELY ANY one reading this could DISCOVER and WORK OUT.

your ATTEMPTS AT DEFLECTION and DECEPTION do NOT ALWAYS WORK "skepdick".
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Age wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:01 am
WHO CARES?

How many times this one 'conveniently' LEAVES OUT text and context in replies is ASTONISHING.

I ALREADY EXPLAINED what NEEDED TO BE DONE here, FIRST, for me TO THEN DO what I CLAIM is EXTREMELY SIMPLE and EASY TO DO here.

Age wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:01 am WHO CARES?

Post by Age »

Skepdick wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:03 am
WHO CARES?

YES I DID WRITE and ASK 'that', IN RELATION TO WHAT you ACTUALLY WROTE and CLAIMED. And NOT in relation to ANY 'thing' else, which you are SO DESPARATELY 'TRYING TO' TWIST and DISTORTED here.

I have ALREADY PROVED, IRREFUTABLY, True my CLAIMS here. Something which 'you' have FAILED TO DO COUNTLESS TIMES ALREADY "skepdick".
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Age wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 8:22 am

WHO CARES?

YES I DID WRITE and ASK 'that', IN RELATION TO WHAT you ACTUALLY WROTE and CLAIMED. And NOT in relation to ANY 'thing' else, which you are SO DESPARATELY 'TRYING TO' TWIST and DISTORTED here.

I have ALREADY PROVED, IRREFUTABLY, True my CLAIMS here. Something which 'you' have FAILED TO DO COUNTLESS TIMES ALREADY "skepdick".

Post by Age »

Skepdick wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 8:25 am

Those who are INTERESTED in 'you' TWISTING and DISTORTING the words of 'posters' here, and those who are INTERESTED in the Fact that 'you' do NOT and can NOT even back up and support 'your' CLAIMS.

That IS WHO CARES.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Age wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:21 am

Those who are INTERESTED in 'you' TWISTING and DISTORTING the words of 'posters' here, and those who are INTERESTED in the Fact that 'you' do NOT and can NOT even back up and support 'your' CLAIMS.

That IS WHO CARES.

Post by Age »

Skepdick wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:25 am
Age wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:21 am

That IS WHO CARES.
The MORE 'you' do 'this', the MORE OBVIOUS it BECOMES that 'you' HAVE completely and utterly FAILED backing up and supporting 'your' CLAIM here in this thread.
Will Bouwman

Post by Will Bouwman »

Sculptor wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:13 pm Philosophy categorizes truth.
Philosophy understands truth.
Philosophy defines truth.
Philosophy exposes lies.

If you think it undermines truth, then the likelihood is that you have been upset by having your lies exposed with reason and logic.
Philosophy doesn't have any bearing on the truth; the truth is whatever the truth is. What philosophy does is undermine people who claim to know the truth, by pointing out that there are alternative explanations, equally well supported by the evidence. The truth is sometimes difficult to find and sometimes impossible. Any philosopher worth their salt understands this and, regardless of how vigorous the assertion of what they believe to be the truth, a philosopher that isn't bonkers will concede as much.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Will Bouwman wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:02 am Philosophy doesn't have any bearing on the truth; the truth is whatever the truth is. What philosophy does is undermine people who claim to know the truth, by pointing out that there are alternative explanations, equally well supported by the evidence. The truth is sometimes difficult to find and sometimes impossible. Any philosopher worth their salt understands this and, regardless of how vigorous the assertion of what they believe to be the truth, a philosopher that isn't bonkers will concede as much.
There's so much I expected reasonable philosophers ought to know - it's so surprising that they don't.

How do you plan on telling stories without committing the narrative fallacy?

https://fs.blog/narrative-fallacy/
Will Bouwman

Post by Will Bouwman »

Skepdick wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:49 amHow do you plan on telling stories without committing the narrative fallacy?
That's partly why I say philosophy is story telling. If one is aware that there are alternatives to any narrative, and is prepared to adapt or even abandon a narrative in the light of new information, why should anyone care about the narrative fallacy?

Post by Age »

Will Bouwman wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:02 am
Sculptor wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:13 pm Philosophy categorizes truth.
Philosophy understands truth.
Philosophy defines truth.
Philosophy exposes lies.

If you think it undermines truth, then the likelihood is that you have been upset by having your lies exposed with reason and logic.
Philosophy doesn't have any bearing on the truth; the truth is whatever the truth is. What philosophy does is undermine people who claim to know the truth, by pointing out that there are alternative explanations, equally well supported by the evidence.
WHY are you SO FIXED ON people who CLAIM TO KNOW the truth of some 'thing'?

People who CLAIM TO KNOW the truth can NOT be UNDERMINED by ANY 'thing', if the CLAIM IS TRUE.

LOOK "will bouwman" just because one might CLAIM TO KNOW the truth does NOT equate to THAT CLAIM necessarily being False. So, WHEN are you going to START UNDERSTANDING and COMPREHENDING this IRREFUTABLE Fact here?
Will Bouwman wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:02 am The truth is sometimes difficult to find and sometimes impossible.
The ACTUAL and IRREFUTABLE Truth IS EXTREMELY SIMPLE and EASY TO FIND, and UNCOVER.

And IF ANY one of you here was BRAVE ENOUGH to CHALLENGE me over THIS CLAIM, THEN we could MOVE ALONG and PROCEED here.
Will Bouwman wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:02 am Any philosopher worth their salt understands this and, regardless of how vigorous the assertion of what they believe to be the truth, a philosopher that isn't bonkers will concede as much.
It is EXACTLY this sort of BELIEF WHY these human beings, BACK THEN, took SO LONG to PROGRESS and MOVE FORWARD.

LOL this one IS ACTUALLY CLAIMING TO KNOW the truth, while at the EXACT SAME time CLAIMING ANY one who DOES is "bonkers".

The HYPOCRISY and SELF-CONTRADICTORY NATURE here is BLINDINGLY OBVIOUS. Well to SOME if us anyway

Post by Age »

Skepdick wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:49 am
Will Bouwman wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:02 am Philosophy doesn't have any bearing on the truth; the truth is whatever the truth is. What philosophy does is undermine people who claim to know the truth, by pointing out that there are alternative explanations, equally well supported by the evidence. The truth is sometimes difficult to find and sometimes impossible. Any philosopher worth their salt understands this and, regardless of how vigorous the assertion of what they believe to be the truth, a philosopher that isn't bonkers will concede as much.
There's so much I expected reasonable philosophers ought to know - it's so surprising that they don't.
Like 'what' for example?

And, if you do NOT provide ANY 'thing', then this is just ANOTHER one of your USELESS and UNSUBSTANTIATED CLAIMS.
Skepdick wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:49 am How do you plan on telling stories without committing the narrative fallacy?

https://fs.blog/narrative-fallacy/
This link linked us to ABSOLUTELY NOTHING REALLY ON TOPIC here.

Post by Age »

Will Bouwman wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:06 am
Skepdick wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:49 amHow do you plan on telling stories without committing the narrative fallacy?
That's partly why I say philosophy is story telling. If one is aware that there are alternatives to any narrative, and is prepared to adapt or even abandon a narrative in the light of new information, why should anyone care about the narrative fallacy?
IF one just SPOKE or WROTE of ACTUAL IRREFUTABLE Truths ONLY, then there is NO 'need' to prepare to adapt NOR NO 'need' to abandon one's narrative, as NO counter information could come to light.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Age wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:37 am This link linked us to ABSOLUTELY NOTHING REALLY ON TOPIC here.
I started this topic. When did you get to decide what's on topic?