Philosophy undermines truth

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Philosophy undermines truth

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:56 pm
Age wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:33 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:05 pm

1. Is this what you were/are saying or meaning in your statements above?
Yes
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:05 pm 2. And if so, how remarkably different is your clarification above from the way I interpreted your remark prior to this clarification?
VERY REMARKABLY DIFFERENT.

you wrote:
literally saying "if it weren't for you all, life would be wonderful for me right now".

1. 'me' is NOT 'children'.

2. 'wonderful' is NOT 'better', NOR 'much better'.

3. you even USED the 'literally' word here, which MAKES the ACTUAL DIFFERENCES above even MORE REMARKABLE.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:05 pm 3. Do you think the statement you made (bolded and enlarged above) is entirely 100% true?
YES.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:05 pm And if it is not 100% true, does that make you somehow remarkably better or more enlightened than the rest of us or behaving remarkably better or in a more enlightened way than the rest of us?
Moot
Do "adult human beings" ever do anything to help children live better lives?
OF COURSE individually and sometimes, but collectively and generally NOT AT ALL REALLY
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:01 pm
Age wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:33 pm

Yes

VERY REMARKABLY DIFFERENT.

you wrote:
literally saying "if it weren't for you all, life would be wonderful for me right now".

1. 'me' is NOT 'children'.

2. 'wonderful' is NOT 'better', NOR 'much better'.

3. you even USED the 'literally' word here, which MAKES the ACTUAL DIFFERENCES above even MORE REMARKABLE.

YES.

Moot
OF COURSE individually and sometimes, but collectively and generally NOT AT ALL REALLY
If all adult human beings suddenly died tomorrow, would the world be a better place for children?

If adults help children "sometimes", does it also follow that adults "collectively and generally" don't help children "at all"?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:05 pm

If all adult human beings suddenly died tomorrow, would the world be a better place for children?
That would depend on how quickly the children could rid "themselves" of and overcome the harm and damage that had been done to 'them' and which was bestowed upon 'them'.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:05 pm Also, if adults help children "sometimes", does it also follow that adults "collectively and generally" don't help children "at all"?
If, for example, an adult informs a child/ren that lying is Wrong, then 'this' is helping ' then'. However, if that same adult then lies in front of that child/ren, then 'this' is NOT helping AT ALL, and can ACTUALLY cause MORE HARM and DAMAGE, and thus being REALLY UNHELPFUL.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:18 pm

That would depend on how quickly the children could rid "themselves" of and overcome the harm and damage that had been done to 'them' and which was bestowed upon 'them'.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:05 pm Also, if adults help children "sometimes", does it also follow that adults "collectively and generally" don't help children "at all"?
If, for example, an adult informs a child/ren that lying is Wrong, then 'this' is helping ' then'. However, if that same adult then lies in front of that child/ren, then 'this' is NOT helping AT ALL, and can ACTUALLY cause MORE HARM and DAMAGE, and thus being REALLY UNHELPFUL.
1. Is it wrong to lie?

2. Have you ever lied?

3. Have you ever lied when a child was present to hear it?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

In any case, Age. I'm sure you have your reasons for the way you are. Can we all improve, my guess is yes we can.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:21 pm
Age wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:18 pm

1. Is it wrong to lie?

2. Have you ever lied?

3. Have you ever lied when a child was present to hear it?
Yes

Yes

Yes

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:54 pm In any case, Age. I'm sure you have your reasons for the way you are. Can we all improve, my guess is yes we can.
REALLY, is 'this' ONLY A 'guess'?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:59 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:54 pm In any case, Age. I'm sure you have your reasons for the way you are. Can we all improve, my guess is yes we can.
Yes.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:09 pm
Yes.
And here is MORE PROOF of WHY 'this' took SO LONG to EVENTUATE.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 2:44 pm

Yes.
"Proof"? Is this some sort of trial? And if so, which one of us is on trial right now? Or are both of us?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:09 pm

Yes.
"Proof"? Is this some sort of trial? And if so, which one of us is on trial right now? Or are both of us?
Here we have MORE PROOF of WHY 'this' took SO LONG. INSTEAD OF BEING OPEN, this one here SEES 'things' here FROM A JUDGMENTAL, CRIME and/or PUNISHMENT perspective. Which could NOT ANY FURTHER FROM THE ACTUAL Truth here.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:15 pm
Here we have MORE PROOF of WHY 'this' took SO LONG. INSTEAD OF BEING OPEN, this one here SEES 'things' here FROM A JUDGMENTAL, CRIME and/or PUNISHMENT perspective. Which could NOT ANY FURTHER FROM THE ACTUAL Truth here.
When you say, "this one" are you referring to me or do you mean "this" as a self-reference?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:41 pm

When you say, "this one" are you referring to me or do you mean "this" as a self-reference?
I meant and mean 'you', "gary childress".
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 5:12 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:41 pm

I meant and mean 'you', "gary childress".
1. What do you mean by "open"?

2. What makes you say I am not "open"?

3. Do you think it is wrong for me to see things from a judgmental, crime or punishment perspective?

4. If it is the case that I am wrong to see things that way, how should I see things instead?