a defense of drag show/drag queens..

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Skepdick

Re: a defense of drag show/drag queens..

Post by Skepdick »

Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:04 am
Skepdick wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:54 am Speaking of...

dressup.jpg
If libraries where I am started inviting in Catholic priests to do reading for children, that would definitely be controversial.
I am not sure why the location matters.

Catholic priests are happy to fondle your kids anywhere convenient.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:04 am If libraries where I am started inviting in Catholic priests to do reading for children, that would definitely be controversial. And if no other groups of storytellers were being invited, you'd have to wonder what the goal is bringing in Catholic priests and not other groups.
Also...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... for-child/

Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:04 am Why is that THE diversity?
Probably because it's not about diversity, but about diversification. Non-controversial groups are the same as "normal" or "socially acceptable groups".

So if you want acceptance of "controversial"; or "socially unacceptable groups" it sounds like a reasonable thing to do to make it normal for kids.
Last edited by Skepdick on Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Skepdick wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:07 am
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:04 am
Skepdick wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:54 am Speaking of...

dressup.jpg
If libraries where I am started inviting in Catholic priests to do reading for children, that would definitely be controversial.
I am not sure why the location matters.

Catholic priests are happy to fondle your kids anywhere convenient.
Sure. Again. It seems your first post presumes that inviting in Catholic priests to do library reading for kids is accepted, so it's ridiculous to have a problem with drag queens being invited in. But I don't think it's true that they would be accepted.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Skepdick wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:09 am
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:04 am If libraries where I am started inviting in Catholic priests to do reading for children, that would definitely be controversial. And if no other groups of storytellers were being invited, you'd have to wonder what the goal is bringing in Catholic priests and not other groups.
Also...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... for-child/

Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:04 am Why is that THE diversity?
Probably because it's not about diversity, but about diversification. Non-controversial groups are the same as "normal" or "socially acceptable groups".

So if you want acceptance of "controversial"; or "socially unacceptable groups" it sounds like a reasonable thing to do to make it normal for kids.
Yeah, those are Catholic priests. IOW people who are bound to celibacy.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:10 am Sure. Again. It seems your first post presumes that inviting in Catholic priests to do library reading for kids is accepted, so it's ridiculous to have a problem with drag queens being invited in. But I don't think it's true that they would be accepted.
I am not presuming anything or passing any judgments.. I am just observing attitudes and stating facts.

Priests have a track record of child abuse. Their position of trust is open to abuse.

Priests interacting with kids is still tolerated by the exact same people (whose political and religious afiliation you can probably predict) who are outraged by drag queens interacting with kids.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:12 am Yeah, those are Catholic priests. IOW people who are bound to celibacy.
And yet they fuck kids.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Skepdick wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:09 am Probably because it's not about diversity, but about diversification. Non-controversial groups are the same as "normal" or "socially acceptable groups".

Sure. But I can't speak for what's happening in other areas. But here the only group, specific category of people or specific outfits, is drag queens. Not even drag kings.

There is no parallel program for immigrant storytellers. Nothing for people with mental health issues. Nothing for developmentally disabled people or disabled people. Nothing for smaller religious movement members. Nothing for overweight people.

There are also certification processes that a large percentage of businesses generally feel they need to pass that involve LGBT+ community approval. Nothing for immigrants, disabled, etc.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Skepdick wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:14 am
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:10 am Sure. Again. It seems your first post presumes that inviting in Catholic priests to do library reading for kids is accepted, so it's ridiculous to have a problem with drag queens being invited in. But I don't think it's true that they would be accepted.
I am not presuming anything or passing any judgments.. I am just observing attitudes and stating facts.

Priests have a track record of child abuse. Their position of trust is open to abuse.

Priests interacting with kids is still tolerated by the exact same people (whose political and religious afiliation you can probably predict) who are outraged by drag queens interacting with kids.
Actually I truly doubt that most of the people in the US who are most vocal about drag queen storytellers would be accepting of Catholic priests being invited in. I think the uproar would be even louder.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Skepdick wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:15 am
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:12 am Yeah, those are Catholic priests. IOW people who are bound to celibacy.
And yet they fuck kids.
And pastors, as in your link, are not bound to celibacy. And celibacy is a significant factor in the culture that leads to child abuse. Celibacy and the entailed secrecy and shame around sex and sexual feelings.

Did you really think I didn't understand that people who sexually abuse kids, fuck kids?

Are you working on reconciling with me?
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:18 am Sure. But I can't speak for what's happening in other areas. But here the only group, specific category of people or specific outfits, is drag queens. Not even drag kings.
I don't think the nomenclature is significant. And if drag kings feel like they are getting the short end of the stick let them put their hand up.
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:18 am There is no parallel program for immigrant storytellers. Nothing for people with mental health issues. Nothing for developmentally disabled people or disabled people. Nothing for smaller religious movement members. Nothing for overweight people.

There are also certification processes that a large percentage of businesses generally feel they need to pass that involve LGBT+ community approval. Nothing for immigrants, disabled, etc.
Sounds like you are volunteering to spin up those programs?
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:22 am
And yet they fuck kids.
And pastors, as in your link, are not bound to celibacy. And celibacy is a significant factor in the culture that leads to child abuse. Celibacy and the entailed secrecy and shame around sex and sexual feelings.

Did you really think I didn't understand that people who sexually abuse kids, fuck kids?

Are you working on reconciling with me?
Is there a conflict to be reconciled? How could that possibly happen? I am not proposing anything anyone can disagree with.

I am just stating facts. I am not saying there's a problem of any kind! I am not even taking a position (neither for nor against) the obvious double standard.

Whatever opinions you arrive at based on my actions - own them.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

And yet they fuck kids.
Yeah right. ALL priests fuck kids :roll:
And btw, ALL catholic priests are male. I assume you are male. That must mean you fuck kids.

Shit-heads need to stop using children as political tools. It was wrong when the Nazis did it and it's still wrong.
if those fuckwits want to read to children so desperately then what's wrong with doing it in ordinary clothes?
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:42 am Yeah right. ALL priests fuck kids :roll:
And btw, ALL catholic priests are male. I assume you are male. That must mean you fuck kids.
Every person you've ever fucked is somebody's kid...
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:42 am I'm against children being used as political tools.
Me too. So if you didn't want to politicise it you should have probably shut up about it?

Yet here you are. All outraged and political. And now the people who really don't want to politicise this gotta waste their time trying to tame your outrage to stuff that didn't even matter to you until the outrage machine told you to be outraged about it.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Skepdick wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:47 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:42 am Yeah right. ALL priests fuck kids :roll:
Every person you've ever fucked is somebody's kid...
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:42 am I'm against children being used as political tools.
Me too. So if you didn't want to politicise it you should have probably shut up about it?

Yet here you are. All outraged and political. And now the people who really don't want to politicise this gotta waste their time trying to tame your outrage to stuff that didn't even matter to you until the outrage machine told you to be outraged about it.
I don't know what the fuck any of that means.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:55 am I don't know what the fuck any of that means.
It means:

1. Shutting up about it == NOT politicising it
2. NOT shutting up about it == politicising it