The "Let's all slag each other off" thread.

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: The "Let's all slag each other off" thread.

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:55 pm

It's ok, I still love you. :D ..though I do wish you'd look on the bright side of life, or at least reflect on it occasionally.

I love both the dark and bright side equally, it's just the way I was born to be. I reflect on both sides of life, and both are equally compelling to me. And I like to express them both in my philosophy.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:53 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:47 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:30 pm I feel like you two are strugging for reconciliation way too much and not slagging.
It's embarrassing.
Get a room.
There is nothing embarrassing about it.

You are an embarrassment to yourself for thinking that it is.

And to use the phrase ''get a room' is just a really geeky and nerdy weird thing to say, are you still a teenager or something? :roll:
I love that you took my post literally. :roll: Cool that you're back in the spirit of the thread, though. :D

Some people cannot read other peoples real intention or ''meaning'' behind what they say. I'm one of them.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:01 pm
attofishpi wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:19 pm
Also 'slagging off' off is where slag is chipped off of cast metal (it wasn't in reference to a woman as you stated earlier)
Well whatever that ''slag'' comment meant to you, is just between you and your own private thoughts. Who knows what you really meant, but you.

I interpreted it to mean what it is supposed to me, and that's not nice for a woman to hear by someone who doesn't even know her.
Honestly, my Dad's a carpenter (yes Brians dad is a carpenter :wink: ) that had a contract with Castalloy that did the alloy wheels for Harley Motorbikes at Plympton in Adelaide (Mooringue Ave)

He would give me 50c (I think) for me to glue foam to 100s of small pieces of particle board which would then go on a conveyor belt for blokes in the factory to chip slag off of rims. Honestly - none of this slagging is in reference to women!

You could say that as a mentally fucked guy myself, that I think by slaggin each other off here, we become more perfect. 8)
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:08 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:47 pm

There is nothing embarrassing about it.

You are an embarrassment to yourself for thinking that it is.

And to use the phrase ''get a room' is just a really geeky and nerdy weird thing to say, are you still a teenager or something? :roll:
I love that you took my post literally. :roll: Cool that you're back in the spirit of the thread, though. :D

Some people cannot read other peoples real intention or ''meaning'' behind what they say. I'm one of them.
We can all have trouble with that, especially without body language and tone of voice.
You guys were expressing (a lot of) anger and insults at each other and I came in and said that about you guys needing to get a room. That was the big clue. LIke it would take incredibly obliviousness on my part to think you two were trying to reconcile. But, then, we've all encountered incredible obliviousness here and elsewhere online.

In any case, the funny thing for me is that you guys actually did start reconciling AFTER I made my ludicrous statement. I don't take the slightest credit for that. I just think it's lovely ironic kismet.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:08 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:01 pm
attofishpi wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:19 pm
Also 'slagging off' off is where slag is chipped off of cast metal (it wasn't in reference to a woman as you stated earlier)
Well whatever that ''slag'' comment meant to you, is just between you and your own private thoughts. Who knows what you really meant, but you.

I interpreted it to mean what it is supposed to me, and that's not nice for a woman to hear by someone who doesn't even know her.
Honestly, my Dad's a carpenter (yes Brians dad is a carpenter :wink: ) that had a contract with Castalloy that did the alloy wheels for Harley Motorbikes at Plympton in Adelaide (Mooringue Ave)

He would give me 50c (I think) for me to glue foam to 100s of small pieces of particle board which would then go on a conveyor belt for blokes in the factory to chip slag off of rims. Honestly - none of this slagging is in reference to women!

You could say that as a mentally fucked guy myself, that I think by slaggin each other off here, we become more perfect. 8)
I understand you atto, it's ok, really. I agree with you we become more perfect when we allow ourselves to be both dark and light without fear.

:wink: :D bless you atto.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:12 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:08 pm

We can all have trouble with that, especially without body language and tone of voice.
You guys were expressing (a lot of) anger and insults at each other and I came in and said that about you guys needing to get a room. That was the big clue. LIke it would take incredibly obliviousness on my part to think you two were trying to reconcile. But, then, we've all encountered incredible obliviousness here and elsewhere online.

In any case, the funny thing for me is that you guys actually did start reconciling AFTER I made my ludicrous statement. I don't take the slightest credit for that. I just think it's lovely ironic kismet.
Ok, I understand..and thanks for the clarification. :)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

It's fine now really, it's just that I get frustrated when you rubbish what to me, is my art, even if that art is using quotes to express what is very insightful, artful and meaningful to me. When you rubbish my art, while worshiping your own art...is annoying.

I guess we're each in love with our own HE ART...s

HE R ART's

See, I'm good with symbolism as well.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:08 pm You could say that as a mentally fucked guy myself, that I think by slaggin each other off here, we become more perfect. 8)
I think the homeopathic approach is often effective and if nothing else is a change of pace. I saw the thread and thought...of course, we're already slagging each other off, what not just do it without any justification at all. Take the self-righteousness right out of it. Maybe it'll let off some of the pressure.

Whoops, I mean, who the hell do you think you are trying to make me perfect, pillock!
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Just remember atto that not all people can read sarcasm or jokes. I'm one of them. I've suffered greatly because of my inability to read other people, in my life.

It's fine to act out this kind of frivolity on an online forum where we do not have to suffer the real consequences of our words, that we would in real life face to face with other people. Not every one is serious, and not everyone is joking.

But I like what you said about becoming perfect, by using this forum as practice. :)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Do you mean becoming more perfect is to be letting our dark sides be shown and known to others, and still like each other?

If you do, that's great.

But what about all the mental abuse that goes on in the world, by the use of careless words, that people deliberately use to manipulate others into getting what they want from them, as in love-bombing, gaslighting and narcissistically bullying others to make themselves look bigger and more important than the other person...how do we recognise when we are becoming victims to such treatment by others?
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

What's the difference between Agent Smith and ChatGPT?

ChatGPT can pass the Turing test.

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:03 pm
Age wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:40 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:37 pm Age - please brain fart elsewhere you are really really boring me now.
WHY WHEN I QUESTION or CHALLENGE you, and you are NOT ABLE TO RESPOND to the ACTUAL QUESTION/CHALLENGE, you RESORT to this type of WORDING?

you have SHOWN and PROVEN that WHEN I am Wrong you are ABLE TO POINT 'that' OUT, BUT WHEN I am LEADING TOWARDS SHOWING and PROVING 'things' the other way around, you want to DETRACT and/or RUN AWAY?

Is it just TOO HARD for you to ADMIT when you ARE Wrong?
No. You unfortunately cannot distinguish serious talk from a satirical quip.

It's not that I am NOT ABLE, it's that I don't care what you think because what you think is using a brain that needs to be rewired for social interactions where it can comprehend the CONTEXT of statements, NOT purely the words used but the reason they are used that very often is diguised in nuance.

I truly am sorry, but I cannot interact with you beyond a few statements. :)
Could this be because you need some sort of so-called 'rewiring' for 'social interaction'?