Be A Loner

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Be A Loner

Post by Dontaskme »

Be a loner.
That gives you time to wonder, to search for the truth. Have holy curiosity. Make your life worth living. ― Albert Einstein.

From Quora: A global online platform for asking questions and providing answers.

Your life will surely be worth living as a loner and I can say this because:

1: Being a loner you fight your battles alone and this makes you rugged in your life.

2: Being a loner you don’t have expectations from others & I think expectations from people around you is the root cause of sadness.

3: Being a loner you know how to love yourself which in today’s generation is probably a missing trait.

4: Being a loner you learn to be independent. You learn to do things by yourself, and in the real world, this is a harsh reality.

5: Being a loner you have a good deal of personal time and space to plan out your future goals.

6: Being a loner you don’t worry about others opinions and how they judge you, thus you live a relaxed life.

7: Being a loner you will never fall into a bad company of acquaintances.

8: Being a loner you get an immense inner strength which eventually contributes to your outward contribution.

9: Being a loner you’ll be a great listener which is big benefit. Everyone likes people who will listen to what they have to say.

10: At the last, being a loner you learn to be happy within yourself and believe me this is the best feeling.

Albert Einstein “A person starts to live when he can live outside himself.”

Step outside and simulate. That is the luxury of pure intelligence.
Step inside and experience. That is the luxury of being alive.

Albert Einstein another Philosopher.
Impenitent

Re: Be A Loner

Post by Impenitent »

you can even charge interest

-Imp
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Impenitent wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:53 pm you can even charge interest

-Imp
:lol:

The more we live as an active receptors of this electrical charge of stillness, the easier it is to manifest within ourselves this very same power. Anything that submerges, even momentarily, beneath the cacophony and into the stillness, accesses and harnesses the creative power of the universe. And since the universe is always looking to create, propel, destroy and recreate itself, so are you.

As stars explode and die then morph into powerful black holes or massive supernovae, so do you.

Look for the times in life that feel like they’re ‘going to destroy you’, when the pain is too much to handle, where you feel as though you may just explode with the inability to cope. Give in, let it happen. Does the star fight its own destruction? No, mysteriously it knows a transformation is taking place – a necessary catharsis; violent and painful, utter destruction giving way to new life. And not just new; bigger, brighter life, with more power, more energy, more influence – more vast than ever before.

We mirror the design of the universe in all its intricacies. We are born, we create, we die, and then we’re reborn as something new. Literally and figuratively both, all throughout our little lives. Even our little neurons mirror the image of structure of the universe.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:53 am Be a loner.
That gives you time to wonder, to search for the truth. Have holy curiosity. Make your life worth living. ― Albert Einstein.

From Quora: A global online platform for asking questions and providing answers.

1: Being a loner you fight your battles alone and this makes you rugged in your life.

2: Being a loner you don’t have expectations from others & I think expectations from people around you is the root cause of sadness.

3: Being a loner you know how to love yourself which in today’s generation is probably a missing trait.

4: Being a loner you learn to be independent. You learn to do things by yourself, and in the real world, this is a harsh reality.

5: Being a loner you have a good deal of personal time and space to plan out your future goals.

6: Being a loner you don’t worry about others opinions and how they judge you, thus you live a relaxed life.

8: Being a loner you get an immense inner strength which eventually contributes to your outward contribution.

9: Being a loner you’ll be a great listener which is big benefit. Everyone likes people who will listen to what they have to say.

10: At the last, being a loner you learn to be happy within yourself and believe me this is the best feeling.

Step outside and simulate. That is the luxury of pure intelligence.
Step inside and experience. That is the luxury of being alive.

Albert Einstein another Philosopher.
Einstein maybe started out as a loner but he later found himself surrounded by and in the company of others with similar characteristics. I don't think it's for everyone, however. I don't think the human species would make it very far if everyone kept to themselves most of the time. Of course, that maybe doesn't mean it would make it further if everyone was an extrovert either. For better or worse, society is complex and there seem to be many paths in life.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:44 pm
Einstein maybe started out as a loner but he later found himself surrounded by and in the company of others with similar characteristics. I don't think it's for everyone, however. I don't think the human species would make it very far if everyone kept to themselves most of the time. Of course, that maybe doesn't mean it would make it further if everyone was an extrovert either. For better or worse, society is complex and there seem to be many paths in life.
Albert Einstein's wife often suggested that he dress more professionally when he headed off to work. "Why should I?" he would invariably argue. "Everyone knows me there."

When the time came for Einstein to attend his first major conference, she begged him to dress up a bit. "Why should I?" said Einstein. "No one knows me there!"

:)
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:12 am
Albert Einstein's wife often suggested that he dress more professionally when he headed off to work. "Why should I?" he would invariably argue. "Everyone knows me there."

When the time came for Einstein to attend his first major conference, she begged him to dress up a bit. "Why should I?" said Einstein. "No one knows me there!"

Poor Albert. If I understand correctly, Chomsky's first wife Carol (RIP) was quite the dominant one in their relationship. The sly dog married again to a considerably younger woman a few years after Carol passed. I'd never have pegged him as the ladies man, but apparently... :lol:
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:12 am

:lol:

---

Methinks we need some hard data.
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

solitude is a human greatest weakness. we are genetically social creatures. Thats why statistically speaking being deserted on an island all alone for years can either cause suicide or if your will is strong enough to overcome the urge to not live anymore via the lack of human socialization, then one would find themselves most likely succumbed to the "insane" factor of loneliness.

Now I assume and strongly believe this isn't your argument, though, may this be factor of the movie cast away- in which Tom Hanks character is deserted on an island for 5 years and makes a great friend known very well as "Wilson". Wilson is a volleyball that Toms character paints regularly with fresh blood to keep the appearance of the face he saw on it when he first met Wilson-the fire making accident.

Though the isolation taught His character how to achieve survival apart from the world he had once lived, and to a general overall glimpse of "Life without the norm".

I don't think that was the exact meaning of the story but nevertheless a good example of human traits and what befalls us.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Alone like Frankenstein's "monster"? Youch! :cry:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:35 am solitude is a human greatest weakness. we are genetically social creatures. Thats why statistically speaking being deserted on an island all alone for years can either cause suicide or if your will is strong enough to overcome the urge to not live anymore via the lack of human socialization, then one would find themselves most likely succumbed to the "insane" factor of loneliness.

Now I assume and strongly believe this isn't your argument, though, may this be factor of the movie cast away- in which Tom Hanks character is deserted on an island for 5 years and makes a great friend known very well as "Wilson". Wilson is a volleyball that Toms character paints regularly with fresh blood to keep the appearance of the face he saw on it when he first met Wilson-the fire making accident.

Though the isolation taught His character how to achieve survival apart from the world he had once lived, and to a general overall glimpse of "Life without the norm".

I don't think that was the exact meaning of the story but nevertheless a good example of human traits and what befalls us.
Thanks for your views, I agree we are genetically social creatures. We go to war to slaughter innocents and destroy their homes, it seems we don't know how to stop the slaughter of innocents, but maybe when the last person is standing, will our wars stop.

The main premise of this topic is about being able to be in your own natural solitude without fear. That is not a weakness. This solitude that we all feel deep within ourselves is not about lonliness. It's about knowing that each and every one of us is alone in their own aloneness. Acceptance of this natural solitude is a strength. It is to be with the raw truth of ones life without flinching.
Matthew 10:16
''Here I am sending you out like sheep with wolves all round you; so be as wise as serpents and yet as harmless as doves. But be on your guard against men.''

''Be as gentle as a lamb, but as slippery as a snake.''

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Being true to yourself.

''The most confused we ever get is when we try to convince our heads of something that we know in our hearts is a lie.''

1: You’re honest with yourself about what you think, feel, want, and need.

2: You freely share your thoughts and feelings.

3: You honor your needs and say no to requests that conflict with them.

4: Some people like you, some people don’t, and you’re okay with that.

5: You surround yourself with people who respect and support you just as you are.

6. You focus more on your own values than what society deems acceptable.

7. You listen to your intuition and trust that you know what’s best for yourself.

8. You do what feels right for you, even if that means risking disapproval from the people around you.

9. You allow yourself to change your mind if you recognize you made a choice that wasn’t right for you.

10. You allow yourself to evolve and let go of what you’ve outgrown.

duszek

Post by duszek »

Being a loner sounds o.k. but even loners or hermits need someone to talk to.

Monks have other monks to talk to in the refectorium. Silent conversation by body language is an option too.

Holy men and women can talk to God in prayer. Only religious people can do it properly.

For the rest of us who are tempted by this project someone to talk to would be good to ensure mental health.
A loner does not need to be weird and regarded with suspicion by anxious people.

But how to find someone to talk to ?
It should be a sort of soul mate (for women) or kindred spirit.

How to find such a person ?

There are many dating platforms but no platforms for finding a good conversation partner. Which is more essential.
AI could find a match for people looking for someone to talk to.
Surprisingly nobody has created such a platform yet.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

For a brief second his eyes opened. He tiredly lifted his hands to his forehead itch and I could see he was Mr. Boseman's son after all. I smiled for those absent, his eyes shut, the sun's rays lit up the room. 6:23 AM in the city of Angels.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:53 am Be a loner.
I assume a loner life could be worth living, just as a non-loner life could be. I think most people do better with some intimacy with other humans and we tend to be healthier if we have this. But humans are, if anything a varied lot, and individual choices should be respected.
I mean, we could take away parenting then if this was a rule. The feral children, at least those who survive, will likely be quite rugged. But then, life is tough enough, I think, and why not have friends and intimates? If you don't want them or it's too painful, well, that's an individual choice, of course, but we could give up shelter too and that would make us more rugged, but I am guessing the Quora author hasn't done that. They certainly haven't given up their computer and wifi.
It is a cause of sadness, sure. I think lonliness, grief over the loss of other humans and longing for connection are at least as root causes. And that's just around interpersonal relations. Poverty, trauma, death of loved ones, these all cause sadness also.
You get a lot more lessons when you interact with other people about where you are on the loving yourself scale. Being a loner can be an evasion. Can one love oneself when one makes mistakes around others? And then also, other people's reactions to us can show us how we don't love ourselves when they can. There's more here, but that's a start.
We all do things by ourselves regardless.
Certainly one has more personal time for this. If that's a priority and you can't manage to plan future goals when around other people, well, then being a loner would be a natural solution.
How wonderful to learn how to do this around other people. But sure, if that's the only way you can achieve this and it's more important than what one gets from relationships, it's a good solution.
or the good company of anyone.
Or you get this in a life that isn't a loner life. And since relating to people presents many of the challenges above it can also make you more rugged, and hence of inner strength.

Well, being a good listener entails spending time with people, so this doesn't make much sense to me. And a good listener is familiar with humans, it's not just hearing. And I often find loners either will not spend time to listen or, because they are lonely, just babble and can't listen. If you are never alone you probably will be a poor listener. But otherwise this seems like and self-contradictory point. It requires non-loner time.

You can certainly do that around others also. And you have the added benefit of being happy with yourself around other people. Being always around other people limits your experience of yourself. Being always alone limits your experiences of yourself.
I don't think he said this - though it's often attributed to him - but someone or many someone's did. One way to live outside yourself is to live with and love others. To not just be happy within oneself as in the earlier quote, but to share this with others and lavish love on them, those where one can.

But it cannot be stressed enough that we are a varied species and what is good for one person may not be for another.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Being a loner is not about giving up on other people. It's not about giving up on talking to others, or not wanting to be intimate with others.

Being a loner is not to be confused with ''Solitary Confinement'' or ''Social Isolation''

Being a loner is a holding to a healthy balanced state of mind/attitude around others. It's about not wearing a false non-genuine mask around others, or trying to fit in with the normies. It's about being gentle as a lamb and as slippery as a snake. People can be energy vampires. Being a loner is not allowing the suckers to feed off of us. Living a life of real genuine authenticity and being able to be comfortable alone in your own head, is worth more than a thousand fake friends.

______
From the internet.

''By spending time with yourself and gaining a better understanding of who you are and what you desire in life, you’re more likely to make better choices about who you want to be around.While human beings need time alone to allow their brains to rest and rejuvenate, too much time alone or a lack of social connections can be harmful to our mental and physical health.''

Being Alone Can Actually Strengthen Relationships with Others
Being Alone Allows Our Brains to Recharge
Being Alone Increases Productivity
Being Alone Boosts Creativity

Whether you are an introvert or an extrovert, it is important to find the right balance for you.
duszek

Post by duszek »

On the one hand our relationships with other people can better, yes, but also maybe worse too, because we lack experience and cannot as easily see through manipulative people.