The Last Messiah - Simplified Translation – Peter Wessel Zapffe

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Ismael Hegazy

The Last Messiah - Simplified Translation – Peter Wessel Zapffe

Post by Ismael Hegazy »

Dedication : To the soul of Abdel Rahman Badawi (1917 - 2002) , the late Egyptian philosopher who was a major reason for the interest and reading of many people in the Arab world for Western and Eastern philosophies.

Preface : To whom it may concern , I present this simplified English translation of the essay "The Last Messiah" to all the lovers of Philosophy and Anthropology around the world , especially to the speakers of English as a second language.

When I was completing this translation , I took into account that I must simplify - as possible - all the words and expressions that some may find ambiguous or might be misunderstood , and I did that - as possible - without making any distortion of the meaning or the context.

I do not forget to express my thanks and respect to Professor Gisle R. Tangenes , for his translation of the original essay from the Dano-Norwegian language , without which there would not have been an Arabic translation of the essay (which was Gratefully done by Karim Saad and Ahmed Qayati) , and I would not have been able to make this simplified translation without his original translation.

And this essay (published in 1933) written by the Norwegian philosopher
Peter W. Zapffe (1899-1990) , is no less wonderful and important than the novel "Hayy ibn Yaqdhan" which was written by the Arab philosopher
Ibn Tufayl (1110-1185).

And because philosophy and science in general were transferred interchangeably from the ancient Greeks to the Arabs , then from the Arabs to the Europeans in the Middle Ages , and finally from the Europeans in the Renaissance era and the modern era to all peoples of the world ; and since languages are the means of that philosophical and scientific exchange , therefore I urge the speakers of English as a second language - if they have the Time and Ability - to translate this simplified English translation into their own native languages.

Ismael Hegazy–
(January 2023)

ــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــت

You can read and download the simplified translation on google drive : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nbARs_ ... sp=sharing
Agent Smith

Re: The Last Messiah - Simplified Translation – Peter Wessel Zapffe

Post by Agent Smith »

I need to redo my little project! :mrgreen:
Timos

Post by Timos »

Thanks for this Ismael. For anyone who would like to know, Peter Wessel Zapffe’s major text Om Det Tragiske (1941) has finally been translated into English by philosopher Ryan L Showler and is due for publication in early March 2024 with the tile ‘On the Tragic’.
tipcolgate

Post by tipcolgate »

Timos wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:39 am Thanks for this Ismael. For anyone who would like to know, Peter Wessel Zapffe’s major text Om Det Tragiske (1941) has finally been translated into English by philosopher Ryan L Showler and is due for publication in early March 2024 with the tile ‘On the Tragic’.happy wheels
I look forward to the English translation this March. Thanks for updating this news. :)
Timos

Post by Timos »

You’re welcome. The publisher is Peter Lang