The meaning of life

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: The meaning of life

Post by attofishpi »

Harbal wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:46 am I am open. I've thought about the matter, and concluded that there is no reason to think that " life has some meaning and a higher power has set these meanings across the rock we call earth." My mind is not closed to any argument that suggests otherwise, but I have not yet heard a convincing one.
What? Like getting blood out of a stone? (stone=rock=Earth) :wink:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:02 am What? Like getting blood out of a stone? (stone=rock=Earth) :wink:
Earth / stone/rock.. must have been responsible for the blood to exist in the first place, else where did the blood originate? where could blood have been possibly founded, but in the foundations of the Earth/rock/stone itself?
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

...for one thing, there was never a human alive that wasn't dispensable and that life offers no morals, precepts, or conditions to judge by. Everything living or once alive is/was merely incidental. If you don't serve your own purpose, you serve NO purpose. Whatever meaning you think you possess is based purely on your own little narrative either made-up or borrowed, dependable for only as long as you last.

...and that's the good news, life being simple that way!
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

The meaning of life has its potential within the secrets of life, i.e. the DNA code that has evolved via evolution triggered from the Big Bang.

DNA Secret of Life Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmcMDq3ueHY
The DNA represent essentially what is human nature as evolved from the Big Bang.

There is no absolute teleological purpose [e.g. from a God].
However if we are to understand the nature, features, and mechanics of the Big Bang, Human nature and the human DNA, we could easily infer a basic generic meaning of life.

One of the basic feature of life is attached to the pain and pleasure circuit or algorithm where if one is not aligned with the meaning of life, then pain is triggered; pleasure is triggered when one is aligned with the basic meaning of life.
There are exceptions to the above, but they must be done optimally.

One meaning of life can be expressed as;
-to survive as long as possible till the inevitable;
-to survive in alignment with pleasure circuit, not the pain circuit, with exceptions;
-to align with the 4Fs [Fight, Flight, Food, Fuck] optimally.
-to unfold and activate one's moral function optimally

Where the 4Fs are taken to the extreme either way, there is evil emerging from every corner, e.g.
-Fight [genocides, murders, violence, etc.]
-Flight [cowardice that hinder progress]
-Food [Obesity, hunger, etc]
-Fuck [Rapes, child-marriage, all sort of sex related crimes]
-the above generates all sort of sufferings which negate the meaning of one's life and that of others.

To live life meaningfully one must adopt an effective Problem Solving Techniques to deal with all life related matters, i.e.

Buddhism's 4NT-8FP is a Life Problem Solving Technique.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=25193

and other similar techniques.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

Toppsy Kretts wrote:
No other religion (I am assuming you are referring to Catholicism) has valuable evidence such as the "shroud of Jesus", or the spear which a roman soldier pierced his side that contains only 23 pairs of chronozones and only 1 Y chronozone from God which should be impossible since regular humans would have 46, and if he was truly human with 23 chromosomes then he would've been absolutely fucking retarded and retards were cast in the sea to drown cause of some false belief in demons and some other wrong accusations.
"The Shroud of Turin is believed by many in the Catholic community to be Jesus' burial cloth".

Another deluded Catholic!
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

The meaning of life........

hedgehogs in your garden.

Post by Age »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:43 am
Age wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:02 am
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:26 pm

i live my life apon the basis of the Abrahamic God. not because i was raised on the knowledge of him, but apon the facts that historically there was a man names Jesus of Nazareth that walked this earth. evidence that proves some type of proclaimed either "prophet" or "so of God". No other religion has valuable evidence such as the "shroud of Jesus", or the spear which a roman soldier pierced his side that contains only 23 pairs of chronozones and only 1 Y chronozone from God which should be impossible since regular humans would have 46, and if he was truly human with 23 chromosomes then he would've been absolutely fucking retarded and retards were cast in the sea to drown cause of some false belief in demons and some other wrong accusations.
My veiw isnt the acknowledgement of some guy in the sky, its on the simple lack of understanding on what happeneds...after.
What do you LACK IN UNDERSTANDING of what happens 'after'?

What ACTUALLY HAPPENS is ALREADY KNOWN, and WELL UNDERSTOOD, well by some of 'us' anyway.
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:26 pm we could all assume that its just nothing but what subjects that? Out of the numerous theory's that exist for the afterlife that my friend is the most unrealistic id have to believe in. The account of "ghost" if you are one to hold that standpoint.

i dont live my life going on forever in some grand place were the water flows with milk and honey because im a bible fanatic, simply because in the grand calculus of the universe...there may be no rhyme or reason for any of this, days like today are scattered amongst the rest, so to treat every day as if in the end when i stand before sometime of omniscient figure so called a "God", i would hope to have a life worth living to account for. whether it being praising some specific deity i never truly knew of-or saving as much lives in the military as possible. To amount to as much good and less harm as possible is my human will. To harm those who deserve punishment and justice on the account for the lives they took. To serve humanity as a whole until i feel as if i as a person has fulfilled my duties as a human to rest my life with a woman i so desire and children to raise and teach. Until i have earned my rest.

i believe in the afterlife of a God not for my sake, more for the feeling that every wicked soul i lay down i know that one day if i do see God then i know they saw him too, but there trajectory was more downward than upward. Knowing that im doing good is what drives me, and every harmful act i bring on a bully, a piece of shit who just wants to hurt somebody...whoever deserves it, i feel content on that the justice they earned today wont be the last.
Talk about ANOTHER EXAMPLE of ANOTHER VERY TWISTED and DISTORTED human being. Or, am I reading you wrong here "toppsy kretts"?

How am i a distorted human being???? explain your thesis Mr. Age.
1. What I said and wrote here is NOT any so-called 'thesis'.

2. Just thinking there are so-called 'wicked souls' IS DISTORTED thinking. Thinking that KILLING or HARMING ANY human being who 'you' PERCEIVE are 'wicked' can NEVER be 'justified', and there is NOT some 'Thing' that is going to ACCEPT this as being what is Good and Right in Life. To name just two of MANY reasons and examples of HOW 'you', "toppsy kretts", is a VERY DISTORTED human being.
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:43 am Your words have nothing but the smell of emotions from reading a righteous kill is an okay kill.
There is NEVER a so-called 'righteous kill', in the way you think or believe here.

you are just ALLOWING your OWN personal thinking and emotions to get in the way of what is ACTUALLY 'Right' AND 'Righteous'.
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:43 am you have no moral obligation to deny my pride in the killing of another man deserving of death.
LOL

It is your OWN who is so-called 'deserving of death' thinking, which is what IS Truly VERY DISTORTED here.

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:43 am for it is people like my that sounder this world in hopes of finding meaning in the rage and hatred they feel for those who deny our existence and virtues. we thrive in the depths of the the human subconscious that you could never fathom because of your societal standards and high ivory towers you could never imagine the lengths one like us would go to rip the heart out of the pulsating chest of someone committing the simple act of threatening a woman the wrong way, of course these actions that provoke us may vary but please Mr. Age i assure you we do exist and we are very much alive.
That there are adult human beings who HATE and want to KILL "other" human beings, in the days when this was being written, was NOT surprising AT ALL. There were, after all, BILLIONS of 'you' existing. But what we would find VERY SURPRISING, that is IF we did NOT ALREADY KNOW HOW and WHY 'you' were SO VERY DISTORTED, is HOW and WHY you could come here, say the MOST Truly TWISTED and DISTORTED things as you are here, while ACTUALLY BELIEVING that those OBVIOUSLY VERY DISTORTED thoughts are SOMEHOW good and right.
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:43 am We are the ones who lock your doors at night Mr. Age, we are the ones who watch the unconsciousness of the world as it rests with the moon Mr. Age, we are the ones who respond to the calls you cry out Mr. Age.
LOL

I do NOT 'lock my doors' and do NOT want ANY one else to even think they could, let alone wanting ANY one to even 'try to' 'lock my doors' ANY time of day NOR night. This is because it is people like 'you', "toppsy kretts" WHY the 'world' is in such the MESS that 'it' is in, in the days when this is being written.
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:43 am There are people in this world that walk amongst us with the will of a lion, the essence of a rabbit and the urge of a vulture to just tear something to pieces.
Yes there is, and it is because of people like this, and EXACTLY like how 'you' ARE "toppsy kretts" WHY 'this world' is Truly MESSED UP, SICK, and VERY, VERY ILL.
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:43 am We dont ask for your acceptance, but we ask you know that bad men keep worse men away.
Talk about 'TRYING TO' "justify" one's OWN VERY Wrong and DISTORTED thinking and MISBEHAVING.
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:43 am That is why i joined the Marines
And this helps in EXPLAINING WHY 'you', "toppsy kretts", are now such a VERY MESSED UP and VERY ILL human being.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:18 am
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:49 am Will you put what you have found into words at this forum? that EVERY one could agree with, and accept?
Age wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:01 amI did above ALREADY WHEN, and DIRECTLY after WHERE, you asked me;

Now, WILL you put into words what EVERY one could agree with and accept?
Will you put what you've found into words again?
Putting into words 'what I have found' is VERY different to putting into words 'what EVERY one could agree with and accept'.

I suggest you DECIDE what 'it' IS that you ACTUALLY WANT here, and STICK TO 'it'.

I ALSO suggest you LOOK AT the ACTUAL words that I ACTUALLY PROVIDE, for you, WHEN you ASKED 'things', from me.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:18 am I can't seem to find what you'd found anywhere at this forum as much as I've searched and searched for it, it seems I cannot see it anywhere.
LOL This is BECAUSE NO one ASKED for 'what I had found' NOR have I EVER said that I provided 'what I had found' ANYWHERE.

you ASKED for SOME 'thing' DIFFERENT, BEFORE. Which, by the way, I have ALREADY PROVIDED.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:18 am Thanks.
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

Age wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:07 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:02 am

What do you LACK IN UNDERSTANDING of what happens 'after'?

What ACTUALLY HAPPENS is ALREADY KNOWN, and WELL UNDERSTOOD, well by some of 'us' anyway.

Talk about ANOTHER EXAMPLE of ANOTHER VERY TWISTED and DISTORTED human being. Or, am I reading you wrong here "toppsy kretts"?

2. Just thinking there are so-called 'wicked souls' IS DISTORTED thinking. Thinking that KILLING or HARMING ANY human being who 'you' PERCEIVE are 'wicked' can NEVER be 'justified', and there is NOT some 'Thing' that is going to ACCEPT this as being what is Good and Right in Life. To name just two of MANY reasons and examples of HOW 'you', "toppsy kretts", is a VERY DISTORTED human being.
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:43 am Your words have nothing but the smell of emotions from reading a righteous kill is an okay kill.
There is NEVER a so-called 'righteous kill', in the way you think or believe here.

you are just ALLOWING your OWN personal thinking and emotions to get in the way of what is ACTUALLY 'Right' AND 'Righteous'.
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:43 am you have no moral obligation to deny my pride in the killing of another man deserving of death.
LOL

It is your OWN who is so-called 'deserving of death' thinking, which is what IS Truly VERY DISTORTED here.

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:43 am for it is people like my that sounder this world in hopes of finding meaning in the rage and hatred they feel for those who deny our existence and virtues. we thrive in the depths of the the human subconscious that you could never fathom because of your societal standards and high ivory towers you could never imagine the lengths one like us would go to rip the heart out of the pulsating chest of someone committing the simple act of threatening a woman the wrong way, of course these actions that provoke us may vary but please Mr. Age i assure you we do exist and we are very much alive.
That there are adult human beings who HATE and want to KILL "other" human beings, in the days when this was being written, was NOT surprising AT ALL. There were, after all, BILLIONS of 'you' existing. But what we would find VERY SURPRISING, that is IF we did NOT ALREADY KNOW HOW and WHY 'you' were SO VERY DISTORTED, is HOW and WHY you could come here, say the MOST Truly TWISTED and DISTORTED things as you are here, while ACTUALLY BELIEVING that those OBVIOUSLY VERY DISTORTED thoughts are SOMEHOW good and right.
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:43 am We are the ones who lock your doors at night Mr. Age, we are the ones who watch the unconsciousness of the world as it rests with the moon Mr. Age, we are the ones who respond to the calls you cry out Mr. Age.
LOL

I do NOT 'lock my doors' and do NOT want ANY one else to even think they could, let alone wanting ANY one to even 'try to' 'lock my doors' ANY time of day NOR night. This is because it is people like 'you', "toppsy kretts" WHY the 'world' is in such the MESS that 'it' is in, in the days when this is being written.
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:43 am There are people in this world that walk amongst us with the will of a lion, the essence of a rabbit and the urge of a vulture to just tear something to pieces.
Yes there is, and it is because of people like this, and EXACTLY like how 'you' ARE "toppsy kretts" WHY 'this world' is Truly MESSED UP, SICK, and VERY, VERY ILL.
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:43 am We dont ask for your acceptance, but we ask you know that bad men keep worse men away.
Talk about 'TRYING TO' "justify" one's OWN VERY Wrong and DISTORTED thinking and MISBEHAVING.
And this helps in EXPLAINING WHY 'you', "toppsy kretts", are now such a VERY MESSED UP and VERY ILL human being.
you have it twisted my closed-minded friend, what you just called distorted is the mind of the people who keep you safe, you have absolutely no idea on who keeps this country the way it is, u sit behind your media and assume what happened behind the scenes, who do you think catches the criminals???? How do you think they catch the criminals???? You have to think like criminal to catch a criminal. you have to be bad to beat bad. fire with fire sir. You citizens take for granted everything your offered and its sickening to watch u squabble when even the tiniest bit of shit goes sideways.

You think you can survive if your life depended on it? because u got a knife in your pocket, maybe you've got some rage built in? Watched a couple of Bourne movies and thought "it cant be that hard-i just got to try hard" You have no idea what the real world is like. And i have to kill for you. i should turn around and then start firing, you obviously don't deserve what you have if you cant even see the most basic of human instincts and emotions to will yourself to survive.

Post by Age »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:06 am

LOL

LOL

you have it twisted my closed-minded friend, what you just called distorted is the mind of the people who keep you safe, you have absolutely no idea on who keeps this country the way it is, u sit behind your media and assume what happened behind the scenes, who do you think catches the criminals???? How do you think they catch the criminals???? You have to think like criminal to catch a criminal. you have to be bad to beat bad. fire with fire sir. You citizens take for granted everything your offered and its sickening to watch u squabble when even the tiniest bit of shit goes sideways.

You think you can survive if your life depended on it? because u got a knife in your pocket, maybe you've got some rage built in? Watched a couple of Bourne movies and thought "it cant be that hard-i just got to try hard" You have no idea what the real world is like. And i have to kill for you. i should turn around and then start firing, you obviously don't deserve what you have if you cant even see the most basic of human instincts and emotions to will yourself to survive.
Here we have a great example of one who has been brought up in, and manipulated by, the prime motive of the country is to kill and destroy the "other".

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:23 am
Age wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:16 am
Harbal wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:53 pm
Evolution is not a process with an end result in mind.
And you KNOW this HOW.
I don't know it. In my understanding of how evolution works, it is not a teleological process, it has no predetermined end result.
It sure does APPEAR this way, and especially in the days when this is being written. But, is there A 'way of living', internally instinctual within that body?

If yes, then what is that 'way of living'?

But if no, then are you absolutely SURE?
Also, has ANY one SAID otherwise?
I think some people do believe that evolution has a predetermined goal, so I suppose some of them will have said otherwise.
But have you actually heard ANY one say or express that evolution has a predetermined goal?
Age wrote:
Harbal wrote: Evolution doesn't have a mind.
And NEITHER do you human beings, but a LOT of 'you', adult human beings, KEEP TELLING and INFORMING me that 'you' do.
To say that human beings don't have minds seems an odd thing to say.
WHY, EXACTLY?

Are ANY of you human beings even able to EXPLAIN, FULLY, what this so called 'mind' 'thing' IS, EXACTLY?
Harbal wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:23 am I don't know why you said it, or if it is relevant to our conversation.
Well considering you were 'trying to' state an absolute irrefutable fact I was just adding on to 'it'.
Age wrote:
Harbal wrote: Natural selection gradually moulds a species to best thrive in its environment.
What do you mean by 'its environment'?
I mean the habitat in which a creature lives.
Well EVERY 'creature', you know of, lives on earth, AND within the Universe. So, it could be said or argued that the habitat in which EVERY creature lives is the habitat of earth, and/or of the Universe, Itself, correct?
Are there as MANY 'environments' are there as there are 'its'?
I don't think so.
Will you list some of these DIFFERENT 'environments' that you speak of here?
Forest, ocean, river, under a rock.
And which habitat does the human being live in, EXACTLY?
Age wrote:
Harbal wrote: Human beings do change their environment,
What do you ACTUALLY MEAN by 'their environment'?
I mean the physical place where they live.
So, which one of the specific habitats or environments, which you listed above, are human beings and which they change?
Harbal wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:23 am And by, "change their environment", I mean, for example, chop down trees in order to create fields.
Okay.
Age wrote:
Harbal wrote: and while natural selection is what brought about our ability and tendency to do that, it didn't do it as part of a plan.
AGAIN, and you KNOW this HOW, EXACTLY?

Also, is this just what you BELIEVE is true, or what you KNOW, without ANY IRREFUTABLE DOUBT, is an ACTUAL IRREFUTABLE Truth?

Or, is there some 'thing' else 'at play' here?
It is just my own understanding of how evolution works, and I am not aware of anything else "at play".
So, again, you are NOT absolutely SURE that there is NOT some 'plan' instinctively built WITHIN, the dna of, for example, organisms, creatures, nor of Life, Itself, right?
Age wrote:
Harbal wrote: Evolution made us adaptable, but it didn't make us able to function optimally in absolutely any conditions, and it didn't programme us with a fail safe that prevents us from creating a physical and social environment that forces us to behave in ways that clash and conflict with aspects of our nature that became set when we lived in a very different environment with a very different life style.
To me this sounds a lot like BLAME, 'self-justification', MINIMIZATION, or just plain OLD DENIAL. But, then again, you might be meaning and/or referring to some 'thing' ELSE here.
I am just describing a situation as I understand it. I have no interest in blaming, self-justifying, or denying anything.
Okay. Can you think of ANY condition that human beings have been made able to function 'optimally' in or with?

And, when you say 'optimally' in regards to human beings being made 'adaptable' to, what do you mean EXACTLY?
Age wrote:
Harbal wrote: Maybe it is a fundamental principle of nature that every system eventually breaks down, or burns itself out.
OR, just KEEPS EVOLVING, KEEPS PROGRESSING, and just KEEPS GETTING BETTER.
What keeps evolving, progressing and getting better?
Did you think or ASSUME that I was saying that there is some 'thing' that keeps evolving, progressing and getting better?

If yes, then WHY?

But if no, then I am NOT sure WHY you would ask me this question here.

Oh, and by the way, NOT EVERY 'system' eventually breaks down, NOR burns itself out.
Age wrote:
Harbal wrote: Perhaps humanity is currently in the later stages of natural decay.
Or, PERHAPS 'humanity' is on the VERY CUSP of evolving or transitioning into the next stage, and just about to take the step up and onto the next rung of the ladder, or onto the next step of the stairway to 'Heaven', and move on into ANOTHER completely PROFOUND and/or REVEALING stage of evolution, as comparable or more so to as WHEN human beings evolved OUT OF the 'ape' stage, and UP, ONTO, and INTO the human being stage.
I have no idea of what you envisage when you say that, but it sounds a bit unrealistic to me.
Okay.

Post by Age »

promethean75 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:53 am "so you belive the meaning of life is...nothing"

the meaning is very modest. the most one can do is want one's own good experiences to be had again by people in the future... and for that to happen the human species must procreate.

lemme give u an example. think of something u really enjoyed in your life. an accomplishment, a new car, a trip to the alps, whatever. at the end of your life u realize that's all u ever were... a collection of experiences, and that in a couple minutes after u die, nothing of u will remain.
Do you KNOW of ANY one who has come to so-call 'realize' 'this', what you say and claim here?
promethean75 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:53 am well the same thing is true for the next guy, and the guy after him, etc. in a sense none of us exist and we're all just assemblies of experiences in a physical world.
NONE of who or what exist?

Who and/or what does the word 'us' refer to here, EXACTLY?
promethean75 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:53 am and since only our most pleasurable and joyful experiences can give meaning and incentive to any of this, the only thing one could reasonably wish for is that experiences like this continue to happen.
But it is from the most UNpleasurable and most NONjoyful experiences that that can give 'meaning to life' AS WELL AS the most pleasurable and joyful experiences.

WHY are you ASSUMING that it is ONLY the most pleasurable and joyful experiences that can give 'meaning to life', if that is what you are/were ASSUMING here?
promethean75 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:53 am one contributes to this in two ways. making babies or helping to sustain a society in which babies can be safely made.

whatever somebody tells u about how spiritual and deep they are, don't believe em. we're all just rational hedonists, some more rational than others.
And, 'you', "promethean75", think or BELIEVE that 'you' are one of the 'more rational' here, correct?
promethean75 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:53 am anyway the only immortality u might have is that fishing trip with uncle steve. if somebody has a fun fishing trip in the future, u get to exist again. remember you're, we're, just a collection of impressions and experiences that happen in physical worlds.
Can you please explain HOW 'you', the one here known as "promethean75" get to so-call 'exist again' just because "another" human body experiences a fishing trip, which the person, WITHIN, experiences as 'fun', when the human body that 'you' are IN has long gone STOPPED breathing and NOT pumping blood ANY more?
promethean75 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:53 am who knows how many times x, y and z might happen again, and in what world.
WHO CARES?

Also, HOW MANY 'worlds' do you think, BELIEVE, or IMAGINE there are, EXACTLY?
promethean75 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:53 am But I've told u too much already. I'm not supposed to reveal these truths.
But you have NOT revealed ANY ACTUAL Truths here, you are just REVEALING what you, ALONE, BELIEVE is true.

Which, by the way, is OBVIOUSLY NOT true AT ALL.

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:46 am
Age wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:39 am
Harbal wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:02 pm
You might be right, but I don't entertain such ideas myself.
WHY?

Is it BECAUSE of your OWN ALREADY GAINED and HELD ONTO BELIEFS?

WHAT STOPS or PREVENTS you from being Truly OPEN?
I am open. I've thought about the matter, and concluded that there is no reason to think that " life has some meaning and a higher power has set these meanings across the rock we call earth."
Could you please EXPLAIN to the 'readers' here EXACTLY HOW could you be, supposedly, STILL OPEN WHEN you have ALREADY 'concluded' 'things' here?
Harbal wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:46 am My mind is not closed to any argument that suggests otherwise, but I have not yet heard a convincing one.
But if what you have ALREADY 'concluded' is NOT ALREADY the ACTUAL and IRREFUTABLE Truth of 'things', then what have you 'concluded', EXACTLY?

Also, WHY are you, supposedly, OPEN to 'arguments' that ONLY 'suggest' 'things'?

I much prefer to ONLY USE 'arguments' that are sound AND valid ONLY. SEE, those 'arguments' do NOT 'suggest' absolutely ANY thing AT ALL. Those 'arguments' ACTUALLY PROVE or PROVIDE what IS ACTUALLY IRREFUTABLY True, Right, Accurate, and Correct Knowledge. Sound AND valid 'arguments' SHOW, and LEAD one up, the Right TRACK in Life.

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:59 am
Age wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:40 am Did you, or did you NOT, say BEFORE or allude to that there was some kind of internal KNOWING?
I think someone else introduced the term, "internal knowing", and I included it in my reply, but I don't remember what I actually said.
Okay, if you do NOT remember what you ACTUALLY said, and do NOT want to remember what you COULD HAVE alluded to, then we are 'back at the beginning', as some might say.
So, you can go out with the purpose of making 'life' and living WORSE for "yourself" and/or "others", and there is absolutely NO 'thing' objecting to this purpose, right?
Wrong. I would be the thing objecting to this purpose.
So, if even you OBJECT to the making of 'life' WORSE, then what 'meaning' does 'life' even HAVE, for you?
Well since we are ABLE TO live PERFECTLY 'happily', then instead of just 'trying to' live this way how about we actually 'just do' live this way?

What is 'it' that is ACTUALLY STOPPING and/or PREVENTING ANY of 'you' from doing so?
Any number of things could be preventing it: Personal tragedy, mental illness and physical illness, for example.
If you would LIKE TO continue on with this discussion could ACTUALLY STOP or PREVENT one from just living PERFECTLY 'happily', then best you provide some examples of what you think or BELIEVE would be a so-called 'person tragedy', 'mental illness', and a 'physical illness' that would STOP or PREVENT 'you' or "another" from living PERFECTLY 'happily'?

I can NOT, YET, find ANY example, AT ALL.
Harbal wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:59 am There also seem to be certain personality types who are unable to be happy.
AGAIN, if you would LIKE TO continue with this discussion, then you will HAVE TO list some examples of what CERTAIN so-called 'personality types', which are, SUPPOSEDLY, completely and utterly UNABLE to be 'happy'.
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

Age wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:52 am
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:06 am

LOL

LOL

Here we have a great example of one who has been brought up in, and manipulated by, the prime motive of the country is to kill and destroy the "other".
okay 8)